Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2018, 09:05 PM  
Wasted away again...

17 dead after duck boat capsizes on Table Rock Lake

This is awful. So sad...

NEAR BRANSON, Mo. -- The Stone County Sheriff confirms eight fatalities involved in a duck boat capsizing on Table Rock Lake Thursday.

Emergency crews responded to the incident shortly after 7 p.m. after a severe line of thunderstorms rolled through the area.

Sheriff Doug Rader reports the boat had 31 people on board. He tells KY3 News four of those have been transported to a hospital. Some of the 31 on board include children. Divers are on the scene searching for more possible victims. The sheriff says he does not know how many on the boat are missing. The sheriff is asking for any family missing someone to go to Branson City Hall. It remains a rescue and recovery mission.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Emer...488679201.html

Last edited by Dartgod; 07-20-2018 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: updated the number of casualties
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #61
Wasted away again...

The last 4 bodies have been recovered, death toll at 17 now. I think I read that there were at least a couple of people in the hospital in critical condition.

God be with them and their families. Just terrible.

I've spent most of my life on or around Missouri lakes, including Table Rock. Being on a boat on the lake is my happy place. This is really getting to me. These people were all likely on vacation with their families just enjoying some time at the lake.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #62
New and Improved

Those storms last night weren't just popping up here and there. They were rolling in from the west.
Hell, nowadays weather forecasts, storm warnings, even up to the minute radar are a touch away on about all phones.
I'd like to see what the radar looked like before that storm hit the lake. I'll bet you could see the damn thing coming from a ways off.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:05 AM   #63
MVP

The Duck must of been defective the way it looked like it was taking on water and sinking.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:07 AM   #64
In Search of a Life

Just terrible. Prayers to all families and to the community. My folks have a place in Branson. This is gong to rock the whole community.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #65
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
I realize everyone's physical abilities are different, so not judging (i guess) - but I find it increasingly disturbing that when tragedies strike, people's first instinct is to pull their phone out and start recording.

Just an observation.

Wonder what people did prior to cell phones?

Stood around & watched.

It always amazes me how people get upset at people for recording something like this. They were on the Branson Belle with a full crew aboard. Did you want all the passengers to start diving into the water? Talk about tragedy. Multiple the deaths by ten if everyone did that. Have common sense people. This rush to judgment & condemnation of people disgusts me.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #66
Ain't no relax!

I heard there was an excessive wind warning in effect before the ducks were on the water. It wasn't completely unexpected..
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #67
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
The Duck must of been defective the way it looked like it was taking on water and sinking.
I don't know if it was defective but the things aren't designed to be in rough water. Looks like a big ass heavy truck floating in the water with not enough power. Watching the cell phone video you can tell it didn't have enough power.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #68
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I heard there was an excessive wind warning in effect before the ducks were on the water. It wasn't completely unexpected..
Yea, we've had storms coming through here and there these last couple days.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #69
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Stood around & watched.

It always amazes me how people get upset at people for recording something like this. They were on the Branson Belle with a full crew aboard. Did you want all the passengers to start diving into the water? Talk about tragedy. Multiple the deaths by ten if everyone did that. Have common sense people. This rush to judgment & condemnation of people disgusts me.
Agreed. Those with the training to act (captain and crew of the Branson Belle) did act, from what I've read and heard.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:15 AM   #70
Fight, build, win!

Surprisingly a search of accident history really isnt that bad for as long as they have been in service. Many are land accidents still any fatalities is a bad thing but pleasure boats seem to have the bad outcome history.

This one really surprised me in Pennsylvania 35 aboard and only 2 fatalities. It was ran over by a barge while stalled by a cell phone distracted captain of the barge.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:25 AM   #71
Beyond the Rapids

They should make these things like those cruise ship lifeboats that are basically big bath toys and are impossible to sink and supposedly will roll back over immediately if capsized
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #72
Wasted away again...

Here's the radar loop when this all went down.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:31 AM   #73
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
Wouldn’t something be signed before getting a n relieving the company of any liability? Either that or there is signs, printed on the back of the ticket etc.
Waivers don’t cover acts of negligence (e.g., sending the boat out with an impending violent storm on the radar).

See above.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #74
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Stood around & watched.

Yeah, it's just a matter of jumping into rough water, being able to swim to the boat during a storm with 60mph gusts, getting into the boat, instructing everyone to calmly swim to the nearest exit, and grabbing any kids and/or anyone who can't swim, and getting them back to shore. I once saw Jason Bourne do it, piece of cake.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #75
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
These stupid duck boats are known to be dangerous. There's been quite a few tragedies involving these kinds of boats.
You couldn’t drag me into one (or to Branson, for that matter).
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.