Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 06-18-2018, 09:30 AM  
You Sweetie!

DIY - Anyone ever wrap your automobile interior trim?

I'm going to do this - I have a little experience with a heat gun and shaping material that's similar in nature to this. Unfortunately my car has that awful cherry wood-grain paneling throughout the doors and dashboard - I'm planning on doing this soon. .....Anyone ever do this?

My carbon fiber hood is being painted currently at a collision center - so once I get her back - I'll do this. Seems pretty basic.

I'm also going to swap my engine start button to the red variety and as well as getting the red 'M' insert for the steering wheel - oh additionally I'm going to wrap my steering wheel trim.

Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:28 PM   #91
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
side passenger = completed.
post it
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:44 PM   #92
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
post it
i will - i have a few more mins of work left
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #93
Mod Team

I’m here. Excited.

Me next.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:48 PM   #94
You Sweetie!

I will take the photos tomorrow after I do the wheel trim and main panel - plus I have to use mom's phone as my opt lense is broke on my phone.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:14 AM   #95
Supporter

I am anxious with anticipation
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #96
You Sweetie!

I'm done - I will eventually do my console but I'm going to wait - it's simple black leather - so no real hurry - I'm very pleased with the results - I have just a few more things to do - I'll wrap the console eventually - My M suede steering wheel cover is coming as is my red start/stop button - I did paint my start/stop button trim (behnd the button 'ring') an M blue today - but I've still not got the button in the mail. I'm very pleased with the matrix black - I'll post pictures tomorrow - i was delayed an hour or so fiddling with the unlock door plug for the main dash board re-assembly. All went pretty smoothly though - I even got my steering wheel plastic trim wrapped. That was fun.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #97
You Sweetie!

It's too dark even with flash to get a good one of my dash - here's my steering trim - don't look at my legs weirdos.

Old 07-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #98
MVP

Quote:
I'm done - I will eventually do my console but I'm going to wait - it's simple black leather - so no real hurry - I'm very pleased with the results - I have just a few more things to do - I'll wrap the console eventually - My M suede steering wheel cover is coming as is my red start/stop button - I did paint my start/stop button trim (behnd the button 'ring') an M blue today - but I've still not got the button in the mail. I'm very pleased with the matrix black - I'll post pictures tomorrow - i was delayed an hour or so fiddling with the unlock door plug for the main dash board re-assembly. All went pretty smoothly though - I even got my steering wheel plastic trim wrapped. That was fun.
Just checking that you are not doing areas already leather wrapped or wasn’t sure it you had the extended leather option. Quite curious how these are all going.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #99
MVP

Quote:
It's too dark even with flash to get a good one of my dash - here's my steering trim - don't look at my legs weirdos.

I swapped to something a tad more civilized than my M3 and this pic makes me miss the 8k+ redline and that ****ing sound.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #100
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
I swapped to something a tad more civilized than my M3 and this pic makes me miss the 8k+ redline and that ****ing sound.
well darn you! I just ordered the suede M steering wheel wrap that you have to lace on w/ the threads - that'll help the aesthetics, I used my friends Iphone - that camera is unforgiving - my wheel looks cleaner than what imperfections the flash has caused. LOL
Old 07-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #101
You Sweetie!

Miles - you may recall my hood vents being woven graphite carbon fiber - I had it ALL blacked up - My lip and whole hood repainted jet black, again; originally the lip and vents were the graphite and the rest was black - now it's just black EVERYwhere!

The body shop did a great job!

Old 07-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #102
MVP

You’re making me miss the M3. I would have kept it as a second car if it was a manual transmission. The DCT is definitely the way with that car though.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:30 PM   #103
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
What am I looking at here?

I need a before and after photo. What's really different?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #104
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
What am I looking at here?

I need a before and after photo. What's really different?
What miles is referring to is the cars engine redlines at 8000 RPM versus 4000 or whatever for most cars.

I think the horn portion is factory but the steering wheel spokes he covered. Not sure though.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #105
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
What miles is referring to is the cars engine redlines at 8000 RPM versus 4000 or whatever for most cars.

I think the horn portion is factory but the steering wheel spokes he covered. Not sure though.
**** I quoted the wrong post.

I meant to quote SR's pictures of the steering wheel, not Miles post. I get the redline thing.

Tired. Bed.