Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-18-2018, 09:30 AM  
You Sweetie!

DIY - Anyone ever wrap your automobile interior trim?

I'm going to do this - I have a little experience with a heat gun and shaping material that's similar in nature to this. Unfortunately my car has that awful cherry wood-grain paneling throughout the doors and dashboard - I'm planning on doing this soon. .....Anyone ever do this?

My carbon fiber hood is being painted currently at a collision center - so once I get her back - I'll do this. Seems pretty basic.

I'm also going to swap my engine start button to the red variety and as well as getting the red 'M' insert for the steering wheel - oh additionally I'm going to wrap my steering wheel trim.

Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:54 PM   #76
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Kinda diggin' this Matrix Black

dude did they have this on Amazon? I didn't see it at a glance.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #77
You Sweetie!

the only matrix black i see on Amazon requires adhesive - let me know if you se any that's 'ready to wrap.'

TIA
Old 06-28-2018, 07:25 AM   #78
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
the only matrix black i see on Amazon requires adhesive - let me know if you se any that's 'ready to wrap.'

TIA
https://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-10...-1080-mx12.htm

I've ordered from that site before and they are legit.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:16 AM   #79
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post

TIA
That's not what im seeing. The 3M 1080 series all have self adhesive backs.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-1080-MATRI.../dp/B0771XJX9L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
The pressure-activated adhesive allows you to slide and reposition the film over the surface of the vehicle until you apply firm pressure."
Maybe this is what's throwing you off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
"Rapid Air adhesive needs to be applied dry and can be re lifted, repositioned and stretched before going over with a squeegee.""
I'm pretty sure "Rapid Air adhesive" is what they call their pre-applied adhesive on the back of the vinyl.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:17 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
https://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-10...-1080-mx12.htm

I've ordered from that site before and they are legit.
That link is for the same 3M 1080 vinyl, and it too states that it has a self adhering back.

110% positive you're good to go, SR.

And if in doubt, just call 3M or a 3M distributor to confirm.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #81
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
That's not what im seeing. The 3M 1080 series all have self adhesive backs.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-1080-MATRI.../dp/B0771XJX9L

I'm pretty sure "Rapid Air adhesive" is what they call their pre-applied adhesive on the back of the vinyl.
I didn't even look at SR's link - I just looked for some 1080 in the Matrix pattern because I know that all 1080 has self adhesive.

The 1080 is high quality and easy to work with. It IS what you want.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:54 AM
ModSocks
This message has been deleted by ModSocks.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #82

Here's some inspiration, SR.

I was bored one weekend and feeling creative for a small project. Went to the junk yard to find a donor console instead of messin' with my own....Finished it this past weekend. That's 3M's black aluminum vinyl i used as an overlay.

Turned this:

Into this:
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #83
Live free or die hard

Does Armor All count?
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:12 AM   #84
You Sweetie!

Quote:
That's not what im seeing.

It WAS - thanks - that's good - I do like that!
Old 06-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #85
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I didn't even look at SR's link - I just looked for some 1080 in the Matrix pattern because I know that all 1080 has self adhesive.

The 1080 is high quality and easy to work with. It IS what you want.
thank you.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:40 PM   #86
You Sweetie!

Quote:
That link is for the same 3M 1080 vinyl, and it too states that it has a self adhering back.

110% positive you're good to go, SR.

And if in doubt, just call 3M or a 3M distributor to confirm.
Another thing I like about the Matrix is that there's no concern for direction of pattern upon installing it.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:26 PM   #87
You Sweetie!

****ing digging on that Matrix black - this is the part I fear (below)- I have decided to leave my console as is - since it's black leather - I AM however swapping to an OEM M-sport shifter.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:10 AM   #88
You Sweetie!

Okay - Matrix Black has been procured. Along w/ a new start/stop button in red - a new M-sport shifter - door M illumination lens and a suede M steering wheel suede cover that you have to thread on. I hope I can pull all of this off. LOL
Old 07-05-2018, 01:13 PM   #89
You Sweetie!

Black Matrix arrived today - but still waiting on start/stop button in red as well as Suede steering wheel cover to arrive - I am going to do the passenger side tonight though, just to practice. it can be mismatched for a few weeks. That's fine.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:18 PM   #90
You Sweetie!

side passenger = completed.