Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-18-2018, 09:30 AM  
You Sweetie!

DIY - Anyone ever wrap your automobile interior trim?

I'm going to do this - I have a little experience with a heat gun and shaping material that's similar in nature to this. Unfortunately my car has that awful cherry wood-grain paneling throughout the doors and dashboard - I'm planning on doing this soon. .....Anyone ever do this?

My carbon fiber hood is being painted currently at a collision center - so once I get her back - I'll do this. Seems pretty basic.

I'm also going to swap my engine start button to the red variety and as well as getting the red 'M' insert for the steering wheel - oh additionally I'm going to wrap my steering wheel trim.

Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #61
Supporter

I actually just reupholstered the headliner and pillars on my wife's car. It's obviously not what you're doing but the process is similar. Really plan out any compound curves because those are easily the biggest pain. And it was already mentioned but I'll second the idea of leaving plenty to wrap the ends. You can always trim away if you've overcompensated.

I'm a big DIY guy and I'm glad I did this. I learned a lot. But I'm never doing it again. It was a lot of work.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:51 PM
Simply Red
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #62
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Chief View Post
I actually just reupholstered the headliner and pillars on my wife's car. It's obviously not what you're doing but the process is similar. Really plan out any compound curves because those are easily the biggest pain. And it was already mentioned but I'll second the idea of leaving plenty to wrap the ends. You can always trim away if you've overcompensated.

I'm a big DIY guy and I'm glad I did this. I learned a lot. But I'm never doing it again. It was a lot of work.

Yeah I my only fear is removing the console - the rest is cake - the actual wrapping itself i'm not worried about whatsoever
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #63
Threepeat!

Tara seems nice.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #64
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
Tara seems nice.
oh yes!
Old 06-18-2018, 08:44 PM   #65
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
oh yes!
Wrapping trim with Tara.

T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:03 PM   #66
MVP

NO
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:04 PM   #67
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
NO
Sour grapes.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
Sour grapes.
Just being honest. Never considered it.
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:13 PM   #69
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
Just being honest. Never considered it.
Cheers to diversity of opinion.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #70
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

This sounds really dangerous.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:47 PM   #71
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Brave men die only once.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:52 PM   #72
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'm going to get some assistance with the console from some smarter folks - the others are very basic. BMW has it where these panels snap out. It's not a big deal and the results look fantastic - I'm good with the wrapping in and of itself. I've done similar and I have a lot of intelligence in my hands.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:50 PM   #73
Consuming CP souls

SimplyPimp
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:08 AM   #74
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
I'm going to get some assistance with the console from some smarter folks - the others are very basic. BMW has it where these panels snap out. It's not a big deal and the results look fantastic - I'm good with the wrapping in and of itself. I've done similar and I have a lot of intelligence in my hands.
Dont be afraid of it...just try. You won't mess anything up. If it has a wrinkle, just peel it off and start again. The rolls of this stuff are relatively cheap.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #75
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Dont be afraid of it...just try. You won't mess anything up. If it has a wrinkle, just peel it off and start again. The rolls of this stuff are relatively cheap.
werd