Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 07-22-2016, 04:06 PM  
oxymoron

Netflix: Iron Fist

In the defenders thread, but it'll need its own space too I figure...

How can all these different shows look so good?!?
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #31
oxymoron

keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:19 AM   #32
Immanentize The Eschaton

I'm not impressed with the actor playing the lead role. Hopefully it's just the trailer but he comes off as kind of a lightweight to me. DareDevil did a great job with its characters (except Froggy) feeling like the they had the weight of real people going about their storylines. Jessica Jones' character development(?) was similar even if not quite as good, but I have a thing for Krysten Ritter and her character was really fun to watch anyway. Luke Cage was all right-but the plot dragged and dragged and dragged while they seemed to focus on atmosphere and getting the show to feel like a blaxploitation comic from the 70's. Maybe I'm just too much of an old fart but this just looks like a kid running around punching things. Meh.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:47 AM   #33
MVP

Iron Fist is supposed to be the least angsty of the "Defenders" like I said more of a Wuxia movie instead of the black & grey morality of Daredevil, the dark noir of Jessica Jones, or the blaxplotation of Cage.

Hopefully, this is just set up for Seven Cities of Heaven as season 2.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
...Maybe I'm just too much of an old fart but this just looks like a kid running around punching things. Meh.
That's actually exactly what I'm hoping for. While I love all the Netflix Marvel shows, I'm looking forward to a show with much less plot and much more action. Just a fun Sunday afternoon monster/kung fu marathon full of meaningless story but fun action.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:28 PM   #35
oxymoron

First review I've seen, not too positive: http://www.blastr.com/2017-3-8/marvel-iron-fist-review

If I remember a year ago, Sagers liked Luke Cage (I did not...) so I'm not too concerned yet. Opinions vary...

Still, not sounding great.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #36
Ain't no relax!

Yeah, I'm not getting a good feeling about this one. I really like Jessica Jones, Daredevil was cool, and Luke Cage was decent. This one doesn't have me excited in the slightest.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #37
MVP

I have super low expectations. Just some mindless action fun.

I'm waiting for Punisher. Really high expectations for that one.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #38
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
I have super low expectations. Just some mindless action fun.

I'm waiting for Punisher. Really high expectations for that one.
Yeah. There is about no way it can live up to the performance that Bernthal put out in Daredevil. That was amazing.

But yeah. I'll be binging that.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #39
oxymoron

I figure that they've done so well with everything on and off netflix (agents/carter/daredevil/JJ/LC) that even if it's a bit off like Luke Cage, it's still better than most anything else these days.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #40
Plays to win the game!

Rotten Tomatoes has it at a 9% on 11 reviews. Not looking too promising.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #41
oxymoron

I'm not sure how anything can be on RT yet. They only released 6 episodes on the screeners.

Let me rephrase that. I know how it's on RT, I just don't get how people are giving full reviews based on 60% of the show.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:26 AM   #42
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I'm not sure how anything can be on RT yet. They only released 6 episodes on the screeners.

Let me rephrase that. I know how it's on RT, I just don't get how people are giving full reviews based on 60% of the show.
Still, if critics watched 605 of the the show and 88% of them thought it sucked, that's a pretty bad sign. Critics have loved all the Netflix Marvel shows so far. Iron Fist might be suffering from some fatigue in regards to the mood and style that these shows share, but I am not expecting much based on this reception. We'll see I guess.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:54 PM   #43
Keep doubting J MFing Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I figure that they've done so well with everything on and off netflix (agents/carter/daredevil/JJ/LC) that even if it's a bit off like Luke Cage, it's still better than most anything else these days.
Marvel has the deepest roster of great characters​ of any fictional universe there is.
Most of them with really good back stories.
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #44
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysirsoze View Post
Still, if critics watched 605 of the the show and 88% of them thought it sucked, that's a pretty bad sign. Critics have loved all the Netflix Marvel shows so far. Iron Fist might be suffering from some fatigue in regards to the mood and style that these shows share, but I am not expecting much based on this reception. We'll see I guess.
you do realize the RT reviews: 11 people

not that i expect much from this show, 11 people do not make a majority
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:52 PM   #45
In Search of a Life

It's tough to get excited about a show when you think the lead was a poor choice.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.