Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2015, 04:30 PM  
oxymoron

Amazon: The Man in the High Castle

Pilot is available for free, so you can watch even if you're not a prime subscriber.

Quote:
Based on Philip K. Dick's award-winning novel, and executive produced by Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), The Man in the High Castle explores what it would be like if the Allied Powers had lost WWII, and Japan and Germany ruled the United States. Starring Rufus Sewell (John Adams), Luke Kleintank (Pretty Little Liars) and Alexa Davalos (Mob City).
Because we can never get enough Dick.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #31
**** the Raiders

I started this yesterday and am really intrigued by it. I have a question for those who have read the book: does it explain why the Neutral Zone exists? And if so would having one of you explain it to me be some sort of spoiler? I'm just curious why both nations, both listing for works domination, allowed this free and lawless land to exist.

If it is spoiler worthy reason just tell me to be patient.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #32
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I'm on the fence after three episodes. Some of the characters are too flat, and although an alternate history, it's so far out there that it's hard to believe, which detracts from the authenticity of the story (especially given that it's not really adopting much in the way of sci-fi, reality-bending explanations).

However, the protagonist is strikingly beautiful. I might be watching to look at her.
I've only watched the first episode and I came into this thread hoping someone would say that it's going to start picking up.

Im interested, but the first episode didn't hook me.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #33
oxymoron

Second ep was a bit slow but had me by the end. We'll see about the rest.

I will say that it has crazy high production values. One of the best-looking shows anywhere right now.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:34 PM   #34
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
I started this yesterday and am really intrigued by it. I have a question for those who have read the book: does it explain why the Neutral Zone exists? And if so would having one of you explain it to me be some sort of spoiler? I'm just curious why both nations, both listing for works domination, allowed this free and lawless land to exist.

If it is spoiler worthy reason just tell me to be patient.
As I understand it the idea was to basically have a DMZ. In the book Japan and Germany are unofficially in their own cold war. Both (not so) secretly hate the other...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
As I understand it the idea was to basically have a DMZ. In the book Japan and Germany are unofficially in their own cold war. Both (not so) secretly hate the other...
IIRC the DMZ was the rocky mountains which neither could take without horrible loses and weakening themselves to the point of not being able to fight off the other.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:54 AM   #36
Supporter

This has the hot chick from Riddick?

I'm in. Besides, I love Wolfenstein.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
IIRC the DMZ was the rocky mountains which neither could take without horrible loses and weakening themselves to the point of not being able to fight off the other.
Mostly the book portrays the DMZ as being low value mountainous, desert, and high plains regions. Something not worth the fight (against each other, not the RMS), and an excellent buffer for the cold war. Have to remember that the Germans...

Spoiler!

Post WWII, non-producing land without people is not valuable and...

Spoiler!

I'm guessing the RMS should just be thankful that Germany has not yet implemented...

Spoiler!

EDIT: Still re-reading the book as it's been so many years I don't remember most of it. Totally forgot how racist/sexist his portrayal of society was. Should finish today or tomorrow and start the season after the holiday!

Last edited by unlurking; 11-24-2015 at 10:33 AM..
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
This has the hot chick from Riddick?

I'm in. Besides, I love Wolfenstein.
Yum!

unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #39
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

About five in, kinda bored. Not nearly enough Dick.
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:32 AM   #40
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post
About five in, kinda bored. Not nearly enough Dick.

Well done.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #41
www.nfl-forecast.com

Finished it. Would like to have some spoiler discussion once someone else is ready.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #42
MVP

Finished the book. I thought I had read it before, but apparently I hadn't. Hope the show is better than the book. Ending was rather abrupt, and the Julianna character is incredibly annoying. Will start watching the show tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:59 AM   #43
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
Finished the book. I thought I had read it before, but apparently I hadn't. Hope the show is better than the book. Ending was rather abrupt, and the Julianna character is incredibly annoying. Will start watching the show tomorrow.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:54 AM   #44
MVP

Yay. A book with the premise that...

Spoiler!

I thoroughly enjoyed the stories of Frink, Tagomi, Childan. I loved the discussion of the almost apocalyptical discussion of leadership changes in Germany. I really enjoyed the settings and discussion of culture and the concept of looting conquered cultures.

The ending ruined the book. Completely. Many people have said skip the last season. of Dexter. The same could be said for the last chapter of Man in the High Castle. Just a stupid ending.

The Julianna character is just an unlikable idiot. I kept rooting for her to get killed. Very disappointed in Joe. I understand unlikable characters. To have one deliver the absurd and ambiguous "truth" of the world over the last couple of pages was just annoying.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #45
Veteran

Just binged the Amazon season 1. The trio of Juiana, Frank and Joe are all shallow emotional teenage girls and have become very annoying. They should all be shot. The rest of the show was interesting, but now that we have competing timeline realities, I think it loses value.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.