Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 01-15-2015, 04:30 PM  
oxymoron

Amazon: The Man in the High Castle

Pilot is available for free, so you can watch even if you're not a prime subscriber.

Quote:
Based on Philip K. Dick's award-winning novel, and executive produced by Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), The Man in the High Castle explores what it would be like if the Allied Powers had lost WWII, and Japan and Germany ruled the United States. Starring Rufus Sewell (John Adams), Luke Kleintank (Pretty Little Liars) and Alexa Davalos (Mob City).
Because we can never get enough Dick.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #16
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Still waiting for another episode...
It's like Netflix in that the whole season will come out at once. Unlike Netflix, they produce pilots at amazon to gauge interest (and this was their most popular ever...). They haven't released the date yet, but the trailer does say "this fall"...
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #17
oxymoron

Old 10-10-2015, 06:55 AM   #18
Supporter

So I'm confused. What is the plot?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #19
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
So I'm confused. What is the plot?
American citizens believe that they lost WWII, and Germany and Japan have taken over a half of the US.

The resistance is working to undermine these new regimes and take back control of the US, but who are they actually working against?
JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #20
oxymoron

It's alternate history where the allies lost world war two. Germany controls the eastern US and Japan the western. So a lot of intrigue and politics and rebellion and so on. The twist being that in the pilot, one of the characters discovers newsreel from our reality, showing victory celebrations amongst the allies. It was cool, and well done. I have not read the book so I don't know where it's going but the pilot was more than good enough to hook me.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #21
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
It's alternate history where the allies lost world war two. Germany controls the eastern US and Japan the western. So a lot of intrigue and politics and rebellion and so on. The twist being that in the pilot, one of the characters discovers newsreel from our reality, showing victory celebrations amongst the allies. It was cool, and well done. I have not read the book so I don't know where it's going but the pilot was more than good enough to hook me.
So how does that newsreel exist if we lost the war? If we didn't lose the war how did we lose the country? I was with everything until I saw the video of the Iwo Jima.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:42 PM   #22
oxymoron

Quote:
So how does that newsreel exist if we lost the war? If we didn't lose the war how did we lose the country? I was with everything until I saw the video of the Iwo Jima.
I assume that's a mystery the show will unravel..
Old 10-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #23
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I assume that's a mystery the show will unravel..
"I see" said the blind man. I'm definitely on but I'm confused as ****.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:55 PM   #24
Veteran

Quote:
I think that it will try and follow something along the lines of the Business Plot.
JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #25
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
"I see" said the blind man. I'm definitely on but I'm confused as ****.
You'll love the book then...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #26
oxymoron

Old 10-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #27
Veteran

Does it come with a free copy of Wolfenstein?
DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:59 AM   #28
MVP

About to finish the 7th episode and this has been really good. The video quality of Amazon's 4k HDR is some of the best I have seen as well if you are a junkie and have a set that can do HDR.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #29
MVP

Watched the first episode and really liked it. Hoping to watch the rest over the Thanksgiving holiday.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #30
Now you've pissed me off!

I'm on the fence after three episodes. Some of the characters are too flat, and although an alternate history, it's so far out there that it's hard to believe, which detracts from the authenticity of the story (especially given that it's not really adopting much in the way of sci-fi, reality-bending explanations).

However, the protagonist is strikingly beautiful. I might be watching to look at her.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.