Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2015, 04:30 PM  
oxymoron

Amazon: The Man in the High Castle

Pilot is available for free, so you can watch even if you're not a prime subscriber.

Quote:
Based on Philip K. Dick's award-winning novel, and executive produced by Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), The Man in the High Castle explores what it would be like if the Allied Powers had lost WWII, and Japan and Germany ruled the United States. Starring Rufus Sewell (John Adams), Luke Kleintank (Pretty Little Liars) and Alexa Davalos (Mob City).
Because we can never get enough Dick.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
MVP

Pilot was good. Will watch the rest of the season.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
Take a Chill Pill

**** I have been wanting to read this for years but never did. Guess I better get on it before I watch.
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:20 PM   #4
Supporter

So what all series got produced by Amazon? I watched a few pilots and I shouldn't have. There were several that I wanted to see and I'm pretty sure most got the axe.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
**** I have been wanting to read this for years but never did. Guess I better get on it before I watch.
Thinking the exact same thing.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #6
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
I just read it a few months ago and it's...difficult.

It's hard to get deep into because of the speech/thought process of the characters and the I Ching being infused throughout. I loved the premise but honestly didn't enjoy the book much at all.

I could see how having it be a mini-series/film would make it much more accessible...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I just read it a few months ago and it's...difficult.

It's hard to get deep into because of the speech/thought process of the characters and the I Ching being infused throughout. I loved the premise but honestly didn't enjoy the book much at all.

I could see how having it be a mini-series/film would make it much more accessible...
You've read other PKD, right? I think all of his stuff is pretty difficult. I mean, it's not Pynchon or anything, but it isn't exactly straightforward either.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:01 PM   #8
oxymoron

I have not watched it yet, but io9 seemed to like it a lot and says it's 'wildly different from the book and still great'.

The title sequence is at that link too and I gotta say it's pretty sweet looking.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:50 PM   #9
Take a Chill Pill

Started reading. Fell asleep while reading it. Not sure if boring or I was just in need of a nap.
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #10
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I have not watched it yet, but io9 seemed to like it a lot and says it's 'wildly different from the book and still great'.

The title sequence is at that link too and I gotta say it's pretty sweet looking.
Yeah, some of the main characters are very different. I remember the girlfriend being a fairly unlikable gunt. She's probably the main character in the pilot and completely different.

All in all I'd give it a 4 out of 5. I'll definitely be checking out the rest of the series...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #11
oxymoron

Huh. Never posted after watching. Short version: I liked it. A lot.

Amazon's picked it up for a full season. Turns out it was their most-streamed pilot ever, so it was a foregone conclusion.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

I watched the first 2 episodes of Bosch on Prime, its pretty good cop show.

I enjoyed the ****ed up humor that was in Salem Rogers too. leslie Bibb is smokin
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:41 PM   #13
oxymoron

Old 07-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #14
Supporter

I'll give it a look.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #15
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Huh. Never posted after watching. Short version: I liked it. A lot.

Amazon's picked it up for a full season. Turns out it was their most-streamed pilot ever, so it was a foregone conclusion.
Still waiting for another episode...