Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM  
mod-ish

*The NEW Movies Thread*

Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:23 AM   #106
Ultrabanned

I just watched 'Butter' on Netflix.

Jennifer Gardner and Ty Burell (Phil from Modern Family) as the main leads. Quirky, fun little comedy centered about butter sculpting. I'd say it's worth your 90 minutes if you like a mildly engaging story with plenty of good laughs. The wife and I enjoyed it.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #107
Deus ambulans inter homines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I just watched 'Butter' on Netflix.

Jennifer Gardner and Ty Burell (Phil from Modern Family) as the main leads. Quirky, fun little comedy centered about butter sculpting. I'd say it's worth your 90 minutes if you like a mildly engaging story with plenty of good laughs. The wife and I enjoyed it.
Watched it months ago, but I agree, I enjoyed it.
Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #108
a haw haw haw

We watched We're The Millers this weekend,personally I loved it,laughed my ass off.
Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:00 PM   #109

Watched In a World... last night and loved it.

It's written and directed by Lake Bell- if you were a Boston Legal fan, you'll remember her as Sally Heap.

Bunch of known actors make small appearances, and the other lead is Ken Marino. (The State, also in the last season of Eastbound and Down)

Most of the Cast:
Lake Bell
Fred Melamed
Demetri Martin
Michaela Watkins
Ken Marino
Rob Corddry
Nick Offerman
Tig Notaro
Eva Longoria
Jeff Garlin
Cameron Diaz
Geena Davis
Luke Wilson

Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #110
Cast Iron Jedi

Watch Europa Report this morning. It was enjoyable. Not what I was expecting - was expecting more of an Alien vibe - but good.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #111
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth View Post

It's written and directed by Lake Bell- if you were a Boston Legal fan, you'll remember her as Sally Heap.
No, but was a fan of a Surface on NBC

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452718/...nm_flmg_act_29
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #112
Resident Glue Sniffer

watched Red Tails today.

steaming turd.

watched Identity Thief also and laughed quite a bit.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:56 PM   #113
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Watch Europa Report this morning. It was enjoyable. Not what I was expecting - was expecting more of an Alien vibe - but good.
I liked it until the ending. Who thought that would be a good idea?
nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.nstygma Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:00 AM   #114
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstygma View Post
I liked it until the ending. Who thought that would be a good idea?
ya the ending was a bit reeruned, but I enjoyed it for the most part. I didn't care for the marine biologist lady not getting back inside and the guy drifting into space was super cheesy.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #115
Ain't no relax!

Watched the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I was actually really impressed. It totally exceeded my expectations in a good way. Touching movie that makes you want to get off your ass and do something with your pathetic life...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #116
In Search of a Life

Watched WWZ last night.

It was as I figured: I liked the movie, but I wish they wouldn't have named it after the book. The expectations built by saying it was based on the book were unfair to the movie.

Knowing that there would no similarity, I let myself enjoy the movie for its own sake. Still pisses me off that it's supposedly based on the excellent book, though.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #117
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I assume you've already watched this one, but How to Train Your Dragon was outstanding.
They're making a part 2
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
Okay:

I need suggestions for family friendly movies that aren't the typical animated Pixar stuff because my kids have seen all of those. Things along the lines of Jumanji, Ghostbusters, Willow, Star Wars, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, etc...

I'd prefer movies with enough complexity to keep adults entertained, but they've got to be off the beaten path a bit. Classics with some artistic merit are preferred. We're talking a mature (too mature) 6 year old and a 9 year old here. The Hobbit is about as far as I'll go with the six year old as far as adult themes, and I caved on that one in a moment of weakness (I wanted to see the damned thing too, and I figured letting him see it was my best bet).

Some others they've enjoyed lately:
Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy
Air Bud and all the "buddy" movies (groan, I can't stand watching these).

I'm thinking I may hit up all the Miyazaki movies soon. They saw Ponyo when they were younger, but I think they'd like all of them. My older child is obsessed with movies (like on the verge of Asperger's obsessed), so I'd like for him to at least watch stuff that isn't total shit, as he'll sit there and watch Super Buddies, Air Bud, Santa Buddies, and that dreck over and over if I let him, which causes no end of fights about what we're going to watch on family movie nights.
Flight of the Navigator
DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #119
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Watched the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I was actually really impressed. It totally exceeded my expectations in a good way. Touching movie that makes you want to get off your ass and do something with your pathetic life...
Yep. I really liked it as well. Lots of funny moments as well. But something doesn't make sense...

Spoiler!
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Yep. I really liked it as well. Lots of funny moments as well. But something doesn't make sense...

Spoiler!
Spoiler!