Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM  
Supporter

Must Watch Series

All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a ****ton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.

Last edited by Buehler445; 08-09-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:05 PM   #661
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
Anyone watch Animal Kingdom on TNT? Watched first few episodes on Prime, dont know if worth the time investment,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
it's no different than watching sons of anarchy
we just got a subscription to stan tv (aussie version of netflix).

it's got the original movie this series was made from. i have just popped it on. guy pearce is in it as well.

Last edited by Nickhead; 07-14-2018 at 03:33 PM..
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:54 AM   #662
The Boom Boom Room

Altered Carbon
starring Joel Kinnaman

Synopsis from RottenTomatoes

Spoiler!

If you like the Cyberpunk mystery/thriller genre you'll love this show. You can tell the writer's inspiration was Blade Runner and the Japanese anime Ghost In The Shell.

Last edited by Tribal Warfare; 07-15-2018 at 02:00 AM..
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:04 PM   #663
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I don't think I've mentioned Detroiters, but it's a genial goofy show on CC with Tim Robinson of SNL and Sam Richardson of Veep doing stories based on their growing up in Detroit.

It's usually just run-of-the-mill chuckleworthy basic cable, but the most recent episode was a masterclass in humor. I hope it's an indication of the two hitting their groove, because they're talented guys. Almost every bit, big and small, hit exactly as intended.

Keep an eye out on your TV for the Farmer Zack episode of Detroiters, or watch it streaming here.

http://www.cc.com/episodes/waw175/de...eason-2-ep-203
That episode was hilarious. Thanks
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:55 AM   #664
MVP

Detroiters takes a little getting used to as I almost didn't return after 1st episode but certainly think Farmer Zack was really good. I hope it keeps growing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I don't think I've mentioned Detroiters, but it's a genial goofy show on CC with Tim Robinson of SNL and Sam Richardson of Veep doing stories based on their growing up in Detroit.

It's usually just run-of-the-mill chuckleworthy basic cable, but the most recent episode was a masterclass in humor. I hope it's an indication of the two hitting their groove, because they're talented guys. Almost every bit, big and small, hit exactly as intended.

Keep an eye out on your TV for the Farmer Zack episode of Detroiters, or watch it streaming here.

http://www.cc.com/episodes/waw175/de...eason-2-ep-203
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #665
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I'm only 3 episodes in, but HBO's Succession has been enjoyable. So far it seems well cast, written, and directed. It's about an dysfunctional, uber wealthy family who's patriarch is stepping away from the family business. It's not necessarily a binge watch for me as I find it better in 1 episode every couple day doses, which is kind of refreshing.
The last episode was really good. The ending scene said alot.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:02 AM
cooper barrett
This message has been deleted by SAUTO. Reason: This guy loves to **** up threads.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #666
MVP

Sacha Baron Cohen Who in America

Who else would arm preschoolers?

Old 07-17-2018, 12:00 PM   #667
Red, White & Blue for the U.S.

Five Came Back - WW2 Movie Makers (3 episodes only)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80049928

You're welcome
KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:53 AM   #668
MVP

One of my faves is back this summer. SNOWFALL
Old 07-21-2018, 02:56 PM   #669
Still Got The Blues (For You)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
Anyone watch Animal Kingdom on TNT? Watched first few episodes on Prime, dont know if worth the time investment,
We are finally caught up through Season 3. I'd say it's worthwhile.

light and general spoiler below

Spoiler!
Sandy Vagina has disabled reputation
Old 07-27-2018, 10:58 PM   #670
MVP

I was very happy to see Stan Lee's Lucky Man back for season 3. Stan made a cameo appearance in E01.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:03 PM   #671
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
That episode was hilarious. Thanks
This week was pretty funny as well. Like I said, hope they're hitting their stride.

Sam trying to talk 'hood' was hilarious throughout. Mostly because he . . . almost . . . pulls it off, but comes just short enough so you know he never can.

And Chrissy talking about her work

"Fred farted so hard, his back went out. . . . He's on worker's comp. . . '
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:22 PM   #672
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina View Post
We are finally caught up through Season 3. I'd say it's worthwhile.

light and general spoiler below

Spoiler!
its like watching arrested development between the two cousins... you wonder if the writers are going to go 'there'.

it's just a lil creepier wondering if the writers of this show delve into the incest that is implied in the dialogue.

we are being conditioned people...

you know we are in for strange times when lgbtqxyz shuns those that want added to their flag...NAWBLA
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:36 PM   #673
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Dan View Post
Five Came Back - WW2 Movie Makers (3 episodes only)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80049928

You're welcome
Sounds inresting.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-28-2018, 05:03 PM   #674
MVP

Anyone watch the Aussie TV show "Dead Lucky"?
Old 07-28-2018, 05:23 PM   #675
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Anyone watch the Aussie TV show "Dead Lucky"?
No, but I now realize how long it's been since I last saw Rachel Griffiths.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.