Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2018, 07:07 PM  
In Search of a Life

MLB baseball expansion - Yea or nay

What do you think? Rumored that Manfred is considering adding a few teams to the MLB.

I usually hate expansion because it means you make every roster worse. And I see it as a money grab. But I kind of like the idea of using it to realign divisions.

Gotta give baseball credit for one thing... relocation is rare, which is great.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
Since it has been so long, how does an expansion team build a minor league system?
I believe they sign contracts with existing teams or new teams are created to fill the gap.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #32
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP View Post
Baseball already messed up with interleague play and the DH. Let's not compound errors.
I have no problem with interleague games. I think it should be that way. The league needs to unify on the use of eliminating the DH. MLB is the only pro sport that lets half of its league play one way while the other half plays another. Either remove the DH or all teams use it. Personally I would like to see the DH removed.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:48 PM   #33
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Doesn't need a salary cap either.
Why are you against a hard salary cap?
I could see where that would help some of these teams especially expansion teams to be able to compete better.
Teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc. would not be able to dominate player acquisition with money.
Same thing with a spending floor. It would makes teams that are constantly at the bottom and never really compete step up.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:49 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I have no problem with interleague games. I think it should be that way. The league needs to unify on the use of eliminating the DH. MLB is the only pro sport that lets half of its league play one way while the other half plays another. Either remove the DH or all teams use it. Personally I would like to see the DH removed.
You’re more likely to see the NL add the DH than it be eliminated. From the union perspective, adding the DH to the NL adds jobs, removing it from the AL takes away jobs. I like interleague play how it used to be. Like a couple of weeks a year were interleague weeks. Now there is always an interleague game it loses any specialness. I'd be fine with adding 2 to make 32 and have 2 16 team leagues or conferences. Between Montreal, Charlotte, Portland, Nashville, San Antonio, etc they should be able to add 2.
ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:03 PM
'Hamas' Jenkins
This message has been deleted by 'Hamas' Jenkins. Reason: math error.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:06 PM   #35
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Yes baseball needs to expand. It also has the most of parity of all the pro sports. Doesn't need a salary cap either.

It's looking like they will got back to 2 divisions in each league for travel reasons.

Schedule would be like this:
12 games with each team in your division. 6 home, 6 away
6 games with each team in other other division in league, 3 home, 3 away
3 games with each team in other division in other league. 12 home, 12 away
6 games with interleague rival, 3 home, 3 away

Playoffs
Division Winners automatically to Division Series
Two Wild card games in each league, winners to division series.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #36
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I could see where that would help some of these teams especially expansion teams to be able to compete better.
Teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc. would not be able to dominate player acquisition with money.
Same thing with a spending floor. It would makes teams that are constantly at the bottom and never really compete step up.
For as much as people rip on baseball for having no salary cap, it has parity that's miles better than the NFL and NBA. Teams that constantly stay in the gutter are bad because their ownership is disgustingly bad. And the salary cap doesn't fix that.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:22 PM   #37
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

They might as well expand. It seems like professional baseball player jobs are pretty high-paying careers, so we can use more of them.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:23 PM   #38
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I believe they sign contracts with existing teams or new teams are created to fill the gap.
That's where the talent dilution becomes huge. To make a new expansion team, every team has to lose a TON of players.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #39
Banned

No. They need to contract a bunch of teams now. They wont. They'll add more teams to water down an already shitty product
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:27 PM   #40
The Insider

Quote:
Because it isn't needed.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:26 PM   #41
Veteran

Talent is already watered down across the league. I’d rather see a few teams go away.
jaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-23-2018, 06:50 AM   #42
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
Talent is already watered down across the league. I’d rather see a few teams go away.
How can you say talent is down or there isn't enohght?

I say contraction should be based on fan support. TB and Oak don't have it, never had it and never will. Contract them.

MTL has had it before and will again, ESP with a domed stadium. Put them in a division with Toronto, YankMes and Boston and it'll fly high
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:20 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
I hate it. I don't give a damn about playing AL teams and their softball brand of baseball. My Pirates have no natural AL rival. Detroit is our designated AL rival and nobody in Pittsburgh cares.

#BantheDH
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #44
Future NBA Finals MVP

Absolutely not. NBA expansion, absolutely yes. Because I want an NBA team in KC soo bad.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #45
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
I hate it. I don't give a damn about playing AL teams and their softball brand of baseball. My Pirates have no natural AL rival. Detroit is our designated AL rival and nobody in Pittsburgh cares.

#BantheDH
Strategy!!!
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.