Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:02 PM   #421
www.nfl-forecast.com

Whilst on holiday in London this August, we stumbled upon a delightful gastropub in our neighborhood, a few blocks from Marble Arch. They served the most delicious short rib pot pie with cheddar cheese crust. Today I set myself to the task of creating my own version. Six hours later, this was the outcome:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	110847  
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #422
www.nfl-forecast.com

A close up revealing the prize:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	110848  
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #423
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I am way too sober for this thread.

You shut your horse mouth meat peeking peepers! Yea, I don't know what he was talking about either and I'm pretty good about reading drunk.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:16 PM   #424
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
That looks amazing.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #425
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
You shut your horse mouth meat peeking peepers! Yea, I don't know what he was talking about either and I'm pretty good about reading drunk.

All right. I've had a few shots of tequila and I'm working on a very large rum and Coke. I will translate once I get there.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #426
I like Pie!

Quote:
That looks good, is it shredded roast with brown gravy in a pie crust?
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:31 PM   #427
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
That looks good, is it shredded roast with brown gravy in a pie crust?
It is short ribs, browned in flour, then simmered for about 4 hours in wine, onions, garlic, tomato paste, and fresh rosemary and thyme. The the crust is a hot water pastry with cheddar cheese blended in. Crazy good.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #428
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
It is short ribs, browned in flour, then simmered for about 4 hours in wine, onions, garlic, tomato paste, and fresh rosemary and thyme. The the crust is a hot water pastry with cheddar cheese blended in. Crazy good.
Damn. That sounds incredible. Looks really good too, nice pics.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:36 PM   #429
I like Pie!

Quote:

Judging from the size, count me in for about 3 of those bad boyz.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #430
Veteran

I just had my OctoberFeast party tonight and am very thankful that I had the energy to do it all, as my new chemotherapy has been making me tired. I made sauerbraten, which is a 3 day process, baked two loaves of rye bread yesterday, made salad, mashed potatoes, cooked the sauerbraten and made the sauce today, and made Danish apple crumb cake for dessert. That is made of bread crumbs sautéed in butter, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger, then put in a dish, topped with apple sauce and I added some small chunks of Braeburn apple, more crumbs, more apple sauce, whipped cream (yes, I did it old school with a hand held egg beater!) and topped with shaved chocolate.
Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:43 PM   #431
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Judging from the size, count me in for about 3 of those bad boyz.
That would be about the same size as a full size double crust pie containing 2 lbs of meat. I ate mine and about 4 bites of my wife's and am completely satisfied. If I choked down 2, I'd be ready to pop.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #432
Veteran

Dammit, didn't add the pic to my post, so here it is...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sauerbratenready.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	110850  
Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #433
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed View Post
I just had my OctoberFeast party tonight and am very thankful that I had the energy to do it all, as my new chemotherapy has been making me tired. I made sauerbraten, which is a 3 day process, baked two loaves of rye bread yesterday, made salad, mashed potatoes, cooked the sauerbraten and made the sauce today, and made Danish apple crumb cake for dessert. That is made of bread crumbs sautéed in butter, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger, then put in a dish, topped with apple sauce and I added some small chunks of Braeburn apple, more crumbs, more apple sauce, whipped cream (yes, I did it old school with a hand held egg beater!) and topped with shaved chocolate.
You're the man. I was proud of myself for being awake enough to make coffee this morning when I badly needed it.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:50 PM   #434
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
You're the man. I was proud of myself for being awake enough to make coffee this morning when I badly needed it.
I will sleep well tonight! I do like putting on a big dinner party and having a feast. It's a lot of work, setting up, cleaning up and all, but I enjoy it. Strangely enough, I am not a coffee drinker, though!
Old 10-24-2015, 10:00 PM   #435
www.nfl-forecast.com

I have wanted to make sauerbraten for the last several years but have never planned a time to do it.