Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM  
The Demon Preacher

The Office: A Spin Off

It is happening.

https://www.cbr.com/the-office-seque...box=1715188633

Quote:
In the new series, per the logline, "The documentary crew that immortalized Dunder Mifflin’s Scranton branch is in search of a new subject when they discover a dying historic Midwestern newspaper and the publisher trying to revive it with volunteer reporters."
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 06:36 AM   #2
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

I'm excited because I'm Office fan #1
but I'm not optimistic. There is no way to recapture the magic
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:36 AM   #3
Fight, build, win!

I have never watched one episode of The Office. I only know it exists through Memes and GIFs. I guess we will be getting more!
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:02 AM   #4
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
"in search of a new subject when they discover a dying historic Midwestern newspaper..."

Just call it "The Star"
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:30 AM   #5
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
"in search of a new subject when they discover a dying historic Midwestern newspaper..."

Just call it "The Star"
What an unappealing cast that would be.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
What an unappealing cast that would be.
Jason Whitlock as Creed.
Joe Posnanski as Toby
Brooke Pryor as Angela

I mean sure - we'd struggle to come up with Jim and Darryl, or even baseline competence like Stanley (or even semi-likeable idiots like Michael, Dwight and Kevin) but surely we can come up with some composite characters even if they're largely fictional.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:40 AM   #7
Supporter

Going to be a complete dumpster fire of a show.

The Office was good more because of the chemistry between the actors than the actual story/writing.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 09:13 AM   #8
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Jason Whitlock as Creed.
Joe Posnanski as Toby
Brooke Pryor as Angela

I mean sure - we'd struggle to come up with Jim and Darryl, or even baseline competence like Stanley (or even semi-likeable idiots like Michael, Dwight and Kevin) but surely we can come up with some composite characters even if they're largely fictional.
I was thinking of the current crew (particularly the Opinion staff).
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:19 AM   #9
Most Valuable Villain

I can almost bet that this doesn't go beyond the first season.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:27 AM   #10
Starter

I'm completely sick of remakes, reboots, and spin-offs.

Even a show as tame as The Office couldn't be made today, thanks to the "sensitivity" of modern audiences. This new show will almost certainly be dogshit, with gutless writing and bland humor. It will, however, showcase an extremely diverse workplace.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #11
Needs more middle fingers

Have any of these reboots/spinoffs ever worked. I can't think of any.

Though i did enjoy the Ashton Kutcher - Two and a Half Men, but i feel like im in the minority with that.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I can almost bet that this doesn't go beyond the first season.
To be completely fair, most would've said the same thing about the American version of The Office once announced.

That show just shouldn't have worked. But man did it.

And the reason I say that is that I HATED Michael heavy episodes. Thought they were just awful. But then when he left the entire show fell apart. So you realized that a character that you really didn't like as a central focus was instrumental to the success of the show.

How rare is that?

I mean yeah - the best bet is always that a show isn't going to work. Especially an ensemble show where you just don't know who's going to be a breakout character and if you've cast/written that character well enough. It would've been so easy for them to mis-cast Michael and have the show crater. Or Jim. Or Pam. Or Dwight. When you need strong support from several different characters and failing on any one of them could crater the whole thing, that's working without a net.
Old Today, 09:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
Have any of these reboots/spinoffs ever worked. I can't think of any.

Though i did enjoy the Ashton Kutcher - Two and a Half Men, but i feel like im in the minority with that.
Last one is probably Frazier, right? Better Call Saul, but it's a drama rather than comedy. You could really stretch the definition and use The Simpsons I guess.

But really, it's Frazier as far as comedies go. That may be it unless you go back to all those All in the Family spinoffs back in the 70s.
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #14
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
I'm completely sick of remakes, reboots, and spin-offs.

Even a show as tame as The Office couldn't be made today, thanks to the "sensitivity" of modern audiences. This new show will almost certainly be dogshit, with gutless writing and bland humor. It will, however, showcase an extremely diverse workplace.

---

Will it be more diverse than the cast that featured two black dudes, a gay latino, and an asian (more specifically Indian) woman?
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 10:43 AM   #15
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post

---

Will it be more diverse than the cast that featured two black dudes, a gay latino, and an asian (more specifically Indian) woman?
On network TV? Not a chance.

I'd guess it will be more diverse than the original, but more importantly it won't be funny.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.