Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-20-2014, 02:50 PM  
Politically Incorrect

Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX

The original thread has been locked so here we go again!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JG.jpg
Views:	4929
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	107665  
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:38 AM   #2386
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
What the drink looked like at the Speakeasy in Lee's Summit (the place is called "The W" in case any locals are interested). The Buffalo Trace version I had at "3rd Street Social" (sorry, no Pic) was great, but could not hold a candle to the Laphroaig version...

Man, I'm hooked the peaty Islay whiskies. I might need a 3rd career to afford this newest addiction...

It has the look of a place that serves a nice, stiff drink.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:02 AM   #2387
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
It has the look of a place that serves a nice, stiff drink.
Yes.. But any Islay whiskey, because of the heavy peat flavor, is going to seem very stiff until it settles.

And just when I decided to go the round ice cube route, now I've experience these square cubes and their benefit. My wife is going to shoot me when I buy a square cube maker. But that's going to be easy as compared to when she sees the bottles of scotch that suddenly appear...

But seriously, if your local to KC, call this place (the couple who took us said you need a reservation) and stop in for a great cocktail...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:18 AM   #2388
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Yes.. But any Islay whiskey, because of the heavy peat flavor, is going to seem very stiff until it settles.

And just when I decided to go the round ice cube route, now I've experience these square cubes and their benefit. My wife is going to shoot me when I buy a square cube maker. But that's going to be easy as compared to when she sees the bottles of scotch that suddenly appear...

But seriously, if your local to KC, call this place (the couple who took us said you need a reservation) and stop in for a great cocktail...
I have a sphere ice cube thing and a large square one.... I haven't quite figured out the secret to them (I've read different things in terms of boiling, boiling twice, using filtered water, etc.). They last longer, but still seem to melt faster than those at the bar.

I've read you can freeze an entire cooler of ice and that slow method of freezing makes for clear ice.... a local bar does something similar and I'll see them chopping up huge blocks of ice behind the bar.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:50 AM   #2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I have a sphere ice cube thing and a large square one.... I haven't quite figured out the secret to them (I've read different things in terms of boiling, boiling twice, using filtered water, etc.). They last longer, but still seem to melt faster than those at the bar.

I've read you can freeze an entire cooler of ice and that slow method of freezing makes for clear ice.... a local bar does something similar and I'll see them chopping up huge blocks of ice behind the bar.
I'd love to know the secret too. I was told to use distilled water and it still had clouds in it. But you're right, the cubes at these bars are clears and last forever. That said, with the slow melt it does take a while for the Old Fashion to settle. That's OK, it's not like you slam drinks like these.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM   #2390
Politically Incorrect

I'm in the mood for scotch and cigars.

Think I'll go to Fox Cigar Bar
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:24 PM   #2391

Bulleit bourbon in my AA (American Airlines!!!!!) glass with a big square ice cube..
Old 03-16-2022, 07:51 PM   #2392
Inmem 2.0

It's beautiful out enjoying Jameson on the porch. Didn't think I was a big fan of Jameson actually surprised its not bad
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:08 PM   #2393
Politically Incorrect

CALLING ALL BOURBON DRINKERS:

Anyone have this or drank this bourbon? Highly rated and seems to be not so harsh and lots of flavor.

I want to try bourbon again but my first experiences were are little harsh.

Old 04-05-2022, 01:11 PM   #2394
'Tis my eye!

Picked up a bottle of this as a joke the other day, it's actually not bad. As far as the joke, my youngest daughter is a "spirited" redhead with some Irish/Scottish ancestry, a love of cats, and a cool name.

htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2022, 06:47 PM   #2395
Certified Bourbon taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
It's beautiful out enjoying Jameson on the porch. Didn't think I was a big fan of Jameson actually surprised its not bad

You're right. It's NOT bad. My go-to Irish is still Bushmills Irish Whiskey 'Black Bush' or their 'black label'. You can pay more, but why?

https://thewhiskyknights.com/bushmil...irish-whiskey/
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:13 PM   #2396
In Mahomes I trust!

My go to...

Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-09-2022, 03:55 PM   #2397
Mod Team

Just an easy drinking cider after the bourbon today.

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2022, 04:44 PM   #2398
Ultrabanned

Horsefeather with what I had on hand. Not too bad at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2022, 09:33 AM   #2399
Politically Incorrect

Was at OHSO in North Scottsdale yesterday afternoon.

Had a Lost Viking Nitro followed with a shot of the newer Jameson Stout Barrel Caskmates. I really liked it and will buy a bottle. A little sweeter and I could taste the beer profile.

I was waiting for Bearcat but he never showed. Must have just missed him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Presentation1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	124436  

Last edited by scho63; 04-17-2022 at 11:26 AM..
Old 04-17-2022, 10:08 AM   #2400
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Was at OHSO in North Scottsdale yesterday afternoon.

Had a Lost Viking Nitro followed with a shot of the newer Jameson Stout Barrel Caskmates. I really liked it and will by a bottle. A little sweeter and I could taste the beer profile.

I was waiting for Bearcat but he never showed. Must have just missed him.
Oh shit, I thought that was today...

I've never tried that one. Their heavy stout right now is Te Quiero, a tequila barrel stout. Not a tequila drinker, but it's pretty damn good.