Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:34 PM   #916
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I don't live in Chicago - the suburbs are an entirely different thing.

The people I work with, however, all think I'm a redneck gun-toting lunatic.

There are about 50 people in my firm, and three of them (that I know of) are conservatives, including me. I guess there could be a couple more in hiding, but not many.
I bet they don't **** with you.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #917
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
I don't live in Chicago - the suburbs are an entirely different thing.

The people I work with, however, all think I'm a redneck gun-toting lunatic.

There are about 50 people in my firm, and three of them (that I know of) are conservatives, including me. I guess there could be a couple more in hiding, but not many.
Display these proudly on the end table in your office. That ought to set the tone, and give them something to read when they do an away-from-the-water cooler drive by...

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:53 PM   #918
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I bet they don't **** with you.
Nope.

Of course, I don't really do anything to dissuade their fears, either. I sort of enjoy being left alone.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:54 PM   #919
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Display these proudly on the end table in your office. That ought to set the tone, and give them something to read when they do an away-from-the-water cooler drive by...

As much as I'd like to, that would be pushing it.....
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:26 PM   #920
Fight, build, win!

You might have a look around at Walther Creed 9mm it's new and hearing good things about it. Lot of gun for some what I'm told are discounting to 350.00. Lot of good reviews on it but I love Walthers.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:44 PM   #921

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
You might have a look around at Walther Creed 9mm it's new and hearing good things about it. Lot of gun for some what I'm told are discounting to 350.00. Lot of good reviews on it but I love Walthers.
As a person who transitioned from the M1911A1 to the Beretta M9, and loved both, now that I have the Walther PPX, I'm a fan of all of them. Anybody who doesn't like the 1911 needs to be beat with soap, the M9 was just a solid platform and laughed at salt water immersion, and now the PPX seems to be jam proof. Not that the 1999A1 or the M9 jammed, but the price I paid for the PPX stunned me.

That being said, I'd love to put a few rounds through the Creed. I know the PPQ the neighbor has is sweet, so between his PPQ, my PPX (which he wants now!), I'd love to see if the Creed's price point makes the PPX obsolete.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #922
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
As a person who transitioned from the M1911A1 to the Beretta M9, and loved both, now that I have the Walther PPX, I'm a fan of all of them. Anybody who doesn't like the 1911 needs to be beat with soap, the M9 was just a solid platform and laughed at salt water immersion, and now the PPX seems to be jam proof. Not that the 1999A1 or the M9 jammed, but the price I paid for the PPX stunned me.

That being said, I'd love to put a few rounds through the Creed. I know the PPQ the neighbor has is sweet, so between his PPQ, my PPX (which he wants now!), I'd love to see if the Creed's price point makes the PPX obsolete.
I was kicking around getting a PPQ in .45, but picked up the Sig STX instead. I still like the idea of having a double stack .45 that I could carry if I wanted to. Also hopefully H&K gets off their asses and releases the VP in .45.

I've got plenty of time to decide; if I buy another gun anytime soon the wife will probably kill me in my sleep with it.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:07 PM   #923

Quote:
I was kicking around getting a PPQ in .45, but picked up the Sig STX instead. I still like the idea of having a double stack .45 that I could carry if I wanted to. Also hopefully H&K gets off their asses and releases the VP in .45.

I've got plenty of time to decide; if I buy another gun anytime soon the wife will probably kill me in my sleep with it.
Fear not for they know not the combo!

And that STX is a thing of beauty! Not that I'd carry artwork like your STX through the shit we had to carry 1911s and M9s through, but that doesn't make your STX anything less.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #924
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I am a gun snob? That hurts.

At 209, you can buy it, shoot it, and sale it with minimal loss. If it works well you got a steal.
Heh. Sorry. I've just gotten so much shit from people because of my Taurus pistols, and it's usually from people who think you MUST spend 600 to 1200 bucks on a pistol or it's worthless. Just has not been my experience.

There are things to consider, like my 24-7 weighs alot (it's a double stack .45) and the trigger is kinda weird, but it functions well and goes bang when it's told, eats any ammo I feed it and the price was right.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:30 AM   #925
MVP

I'm starting to look at 6.5 Grendel uppers for my next build and I came across this: https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rad...-fhr20-6.5.htm

Almost $200 lower than what you'd pay at Radical Firearms site - http://www.radicalfirearms.com/produ...-med-15fhr.htm

I used a Radical Firearms 556 upper in a build already and they seem to be good quality. They also have a 24" version for the same price, but I think I'd rather have the 20".

One question I have is the twist rate. Most of the Grendel uppers I'm seeing are 1x8, but the RF uppers are 1x9. Wouldn't 1x9 be better for the heavier projectiles?

Any thoughts or any suggestions for other 6.5 Grendel uppers?

Last edited by kepp; 03-01-2017 at 08:37 AM..
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #926
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
Heh. Sorry. I've just gotten so much shit from people because of my Taurus pistols, and it's usually from people who think you MUST spend 600 to 1200 bucks on a pistol or it's worthless. Just has not been my experience.

There are things to consider, like my 24-7 weighs alot (it's a double stack .45) and the trigger is kinda weird, but it functions well and goes bang when it's told, eats any ammo I feed it and the price was right.
It's all good, man.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #927
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Old 03-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #928
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post

Sounds like a winner to me.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:10 PM   #929
Roy E.

For anybody looking for a cheap AR-15 made by a reputable company...

Ruger AR-556 for $479.99. This same gun was around $600 at election time. If I didn't already have a handful of AR's, I'd buy one.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/148056
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:27 PM   #930
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
For anybody looking for a cheap AR-15 made by a reputable company...

Ruger AR-556 for $479.99. This same gun was around $600 at election time. If I didn't already have a handful of AR's, I'd buy one.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/148056
That's a good deal.

I don't need another one, but I have a friend who eternally claims to be looking to pick one up. He's also notoriously cheap, so this should work for him. I passed it along.