Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:51 AM   #10936
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
which is because they stopped testing most people that have it. not because ita slowing down

its common sense.
They clearly haven't, or there would be no new cases today.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:51 AM   #10937
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
But that is everywhere. We don't know and we won't know.
oh we know.

i live in a small town and i know 3 people that they are saying have it but wont test them.

our county number is still 0 for all those statistics reports though!!! yay us.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #10938
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
22.2% to 26.9% of people being hospitalized for COVID-19 complications have diabetes.

If you choose to be obese and eat unhealthy shit, you are making lifestyle choices that lead to diabetes and increase your chances of getting COVID-19-related complications.

https://www.aace.com/recent-news-and...abetes-updated
Welcome to every hospital ever. People w/ DM have higher hospitalization rates.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #10939
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
3M is awesome. One of my favorites.

They once sent a team out to buff a car for us. Overnight. Two days before a car show. For free.
I just got hired on with them lol...hear nothing but great things about working there.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:53 AM   #10940
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
They clearly haven't, or there would be no new cases today.
they clearly havent stopped testing most people that have it?

yes they have. its in all those reports quoted since you brought this up...
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:56 AM   #10941
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
they clearly havent stopped testing most people that have it?

yes they have. its in all those reports quoted since you brought this up...
My error. I mis-read your post. I like to deal with facts. The fact is that they have 82 new cases today so far. Are there more? Yes, without a doubt.

Would you rather just ignore those facts, and fly completely blind?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:56 AM   #10942
Supporter

Well, NY is now showing 4,463 new cases today so we can stop the arguing about testing and what not
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:56 AM   #10943
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I do think that we need to consider the impact on mental health. I know that this quarantine has been very hard on my own. However, I also believe that the excess deaths postulated from opening everything back up far surpass the mental health damage.

From a selfish standpoint, I also know that opening everything up places me at higher risk as well as my wife. I don't want her exposed any more than possible, not only for my sake, but hers.

Ultimately, I think we have to do whatever we can to stop overwhelming the healthcare system. If we end up with a surge that overwhelms our ability to protect them, it will create a shortage of providers for years that will itself lead to thousands upon thousands of excess deaths.
i agree with you totally here.

and i'm a bit selfish myself, my daughter has had a terrible fight for months (respiratory and heart) and had just gotten out of the woods a couple weeks ago (all over a pos nurse stealing her meds instead of giving them to her...) she probably wouldnt make it through another fight at this point. i'm worried for her.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:58 AM   #10944
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I do think that we need to consider the impact on mental health. I know that this quarantine has been very hard on my own. However, I also believe that the excess deaths postulated from opening everything back up far surpass the mental health damage.

From a selfish standpoint, I also know that opening everything up places me at higher risk as well as my wife. I don't want her exposed any more than possible, not only for my sake, but hers.

Ultimately, I think we have to do whatever we can to stop overwhelming the healthcare system. If we end up with a surge that overwhelms our ability to protect them, it will create a shortage of providers for years that will itself lead to thousands upon thousands of excess deaths.
I don't disagree with any of this. I'm simply saying all sides have to be heard in these discussions.

You speak to the long-term impacts being felt for years, I think that will be even MORE stark in mental health instances. Or family stability. I don't think this is political but it does come in part from my ideology - I think family stability is absolutely massive in long-term health and education outcomes (which then drive further positive outcomes across the board). I think the data on that is largely unassailable. Much of this comes from families that have the financial wherewithal to provide; we all know that money troubles are HUGE forces in family instability.

When you start to impact a family's ability to provide and start to shake their family dynamics at their cores, that has immense long-term impact. Many, if not most, will eventually rebound to normalcy. But many will not. And those impacts will be felt for years. Potentially generations.

Almost certainly moreso than losing a grandparent would.

My sister's an emergency room physician in Houston. My wife's an NP at University Hospital. Shit, anyone who lives in Columbia has connections with dozens of front-line healthcare workers. Virtually every one of my friends or their spouses works in healthcare in some way (I'm hard pressed to think of a single one who doesn't at the moment). I'm well aware of the fear they're facing and certainly endorse efforts to protect them.

But again, that cannot be the only place we make policy decisions from.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:58 AM   #10945
Shit

Quote:
Well, NY is now showing 4,463 new cases today so we can stop the arguing about testing and what not
thats what is super scary to me. their numbers are going up while testing less percentage of the people showing symptoms.

thats my point in all this donger
Old 03-25-2020, 09:58 AM   #10946
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
22.2% to 26.9% of people being hospitalized for COVID-19 complications have diabetes.

If you choose to be obese and eat unhealthy shit, you are making lifestyle choices that lead to diabetes and increase your chances of getting COVID-19-related complications.

https://www.aace.com/recent-news-and...abetes-updated

There is 2 types of diabetes, Type 1 being the worst and lots of people have it. I think it is mostly genetic.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:59 AM   #10947
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
i agree with you totally here.

and i'm a bit selfish myself, my daughter has had a terrible fight for months (respiratory and heart) and had just gotten out of the woods a couple weeks ago (all over a pos nurse stealing her meds instead of giving them to her...) she probably wouldnt make it through another fight at this point. i'm worried for her.
how have you not murdered that nurse yet?
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #10948
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
There is 2 types of diabetes, Type 1 being the worst and lots of people have it. I think it is mostly genetic.
its 100% genetic
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #10949
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Bummer.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #10950
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
oh we know.

i live in a small town and i know 3 people that they are saying have it but wont test them.

our county number is still 0 for all those statistics reports though!!! yay us.
See, that's bullshit. How do they know it's Coronavirus and not the flu or a cold? That sways the numbers. And if they are doing it, how many others are counted like that.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.