Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2009, 03:32 PM  
Supporter

What would you do if your neighbor....

Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room window and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolerated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

The people put exterior x-mas lights on their home and guess what...they had to turn off their light so they could be seen. Day after x-mas the light was back on in all of its blinding beauty.

So I finally looked up the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuisance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

The city in turn said this is an exception to municiple code and they forwarded it to the Police. The Police contacted me and said they are waiting for the blessing from the city prosector to allow a citation. This is where it gets good...

If they do get the blessing, I of course have to sign a complaint and possibly appear in court to have the light dimmed or removed.

I am half willing to accept reimbursement for the $500 for the tree I put in, though that does me no good in the winter. The wife says I should let it go. My best friemd says "**** em' they should of thought about that when they put in the light".

So would you follow it all the way to court? Or am I being a bigger dick than usual?

Updated: Talked to him, asked him to either wait until 10:00 to turn it on or get a dimmer bulb.....light was off last night so he is being cool though I could tell by his town he wasn't happy about the purpose of my visit

Last edited by petegz28; 01-10-2009 at 10:53 PM..
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #61
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey View Post
I wouldn't leave a letter....but that's just me...
Actually I just talked to the male of the house....some big black guy who stole another white woman...

They said they will take care of it so, we shall see. The letter was in case they were not home.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #62
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Actually I just talked to the male of the house....some big black guy who stole another white woman...

They said they will take care of it so, we shall see. The letter was in case they were not home.
He's gonna kill you
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #63
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post
You are afraid to go over and talk to them because it may lead to confrontation, but you are willing to file a complaint and have the police go to them? That's not confrontational? That's like skipping the dog dare and going right to the triple dog dare.

Ring the bell, introduce yourself and ask them if they noticed the tree you planted. Explain to them you planted the tree because of their light and you didn't want to cause problems, but during the winter months the tree doesn't shade you at all and the light is a problem.

If they are decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot for not coming to them sooner and they will do something about the light. If they aren't decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot and to get off their property at which time you file the complaint and buy a spotlight that illuminates the top of your fence where you just hung your brand new thermometer that you must checki all night long.

No, that's called keeping my ass or their ass out of jail over a petty argument that could erupt.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #64
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
He's gonna kill you
that's why I own gunS
Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #65
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post
You are afraid to go over and talk to them because it may lead to confrontation, but you are willing to file a complaint and have the police go to them? That's not confrontational? That's like skipping the dog dare and going right to the triple dog dare.

Ring the bell, introduce yourself and ask them if they noticed the tree you planted. Explain to them you planted the tree because of their light and you didn't want to cause problems, but during the winter months the tree doesn't shade you at all and the light is a problem.

If they are decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot for not coming to them sooner and they will do something about the light. If they aren't decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot and to get off their property at which time you file the complaint and buy a spotlight that illuminates the top of your fence where you just hung your brand new thermometer that you must checki all night long.
I agree with this.

Log off ChiefsPlanet and walk your ass over to the next trailer and ask them very nicely to do something about the light so you can sit in the back of your trailerbed...err I mean deck while not being blinded to death.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #66
Ain't no relax!

Tomorrow's headline: KC Man Sodomizes Neighbor with Light Pole
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #67
MVP

Quote:
No, that's called keeping my ass or their ass out of jail over a petty argument that could erupt.
so you're the one who will start the fight?
Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Johnny Vegas is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #68
Please squeeze

Damn I am slow. Good job Pete you handled it the right way instead of involving the 5-0
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #69
Mama Tried

Quote:
just move to the country, not my part though.
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #70
Veteran

I will say one thing however...

If my neighbor turned me in for something of this nature and I prevailed I'd put an even brighter light in since your actions basically tell me all I need to know about you.....

Case in point:

I have another neighbor that's been telling other neighbors that our fence is on his property and he's going to force me to have it surveyed. When I confronted him about it he completely denied it and then apologized....I asked him what he was sorry about and he said for all the confusion...lying sack of shit. He just didn't have the balls to admit he has nothing better to do then stir the pot and drink beer all day (he spent the last two years in Iraq driving truck...unfortunately he cam back).

f*&k I hate neighbors...can't wait to get back to the country.
munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #71
Veteran

Quote:

disregard last post...

Good for you. Now was that so hard?
munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.munkey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #72
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmajama View Post
so you're the one who will start the fight?
Ye, I am going to start a fight......
Old 01-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #73
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey View Post
disregard last post...

Good for you. Now was that so hard?
Dude, where I grew up, this would of been taking my life in my own hands...you hve to understand that.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #74
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Damn I am slow. Good job Pete you handled it the right way instead of involving the 5-0
I Was not against a city complaint and a fine. That sends a message. But when the city said the cops had to get involved...not really the way I want to go......yet.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #75
I’m a Mahomo!

I hate neighbors....we live in the country but we have a gravel road that goes down about a mile with 2 houses on it...they have kids who incessantly ride their 4-wheelers up & down the road all day...the sound is very loud & obnoxious but I've put up with it...now I noticed tire tracks in my yard on top of that...of course I've never seen them do it but it's pretty obvious along with the fresh gravel I just paid for all over my friggin' yard too.

What would you do?
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.