Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2024, 11:38 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Jared Wiley Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-27-2024 at 02:44 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:12 PM   #106
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Do we have a TCU fan on this board?

I’d love to hear their take.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:24 PM   #107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He's stiffer. Feet are heavier. Seems to have some of the same ideas but not quite as much fluidity.

But at that size, who does? It's just a level of grace that doesn't make sense at 6'5".

But Wiley is close enough to be starting caliber long term, IMO.

And unlike the trend you're seeing with Kincaid, Bowers, McBride, etc - he has the size that requires you respect his physicality on the field. You can't just go nickel when he's out there because he'll block a slot corner into the core of the earth. You might be able to do a 3 safety set and be fine, but really you should probably hang in base with a guy like that.

THATS where the mismatches come from. Not by sending some 6'3" and 235 lb guy who runs an 4.65 against a NCB.
So glad the Raiders took Bowers. He's so overrated that it is ridiculous.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:08 PM   #108
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
So glad the Raiders took Bowers. He's so overrated that it is ridiculous.
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't take Mayer early in the 2nd last year.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 11:10 PM   #109
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
You articulated that well, couldn't quite put my finger on it but he's almost like a stiffer version of Trav. Trav has such a smooth way he runs and transitions into movements that it's hard to describe. This guy is SIMILAR but as you said, a bit more heavy footed and stiff in his motions compared to him.

But the similaries are there.
He's MUCH more linear imo. He's going to catch the ball and get upfield. He's not going to shake people the way Kelce does, and his balance after contact isn't the same. But Kelce is a unicorn. What this guy can do is going to be plenty useful enough and should be a big upgrade on Fortson and Bell.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 11:20 PM   #110
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Do we have a TCU fan on this board?

I’d love to hear their take.
Old Spice boy is gone
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 05:14 AM   #111
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Guys like this always surprise me when they aren’t all that productive as receivers in college.

Like how do you not force feed a guy that big and fast in college?
Especially short targets to the TE with some of the mediocre college QBs
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-29-2024, 05:36 AM   #112
MVP

There was so much to love about this draft, and this was one of my favorite picks.

Blake Bell is done, Noah Gray and Irv Smith are both FA after this season.

And he was one of the very best in this TE class. Awesome pick!
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:34 AM   #113
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
You articulated that well, couldn't quite put my finger on it but he's almost like a stiffer version of Trav. Trav has such a smooth way he runs and transitions into movements that it's hard to describe. This guy is SIMILAR but as you said, a bit more heavy footed and stiff in his motions compared to him.

But the similaries are there.
Yeah - it took me a second to figure it out as well.

Like you, I thought he looked similar but...less. And I wasn't sure why. Then I think it was the play where he actually scored a TD on a drag lookin' route he turned upfield and then powered through a guy at the goal line to score.

His mechanics as he made the turn and then got upfield were just more deliberate. It looked good, but not second nature.

What's amazing about Kelce is how big he is. You never realize it because he doesn't move like it at all.

This guy moves like a very graceful big guy. Kelce moves like a WR so you lose track of the fact that he's damn near 6'6" and a massive human being. Watching Wiley, I can tell that he's big and it's because he has to take a little extra time to get that mass moving.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:36 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Does he have a legit shot at taking the #2 spot, barring injuries.
I think so.

I'd be a little wary of putting a lot of stock in the 40 time, though - guy has giraffe legs. He can probably haul ass in the open field but he's gonna take a little more time to get there.

Gray has really developed a fair bit in that TE2 role so he won't be super easy to knock out. And Smith has a ton of talent, so he's likely to be the first guy to get a shot at TE2 if Gray falters a bit.

It's going to be a TOUGH sledding for Wiley to get into that spot. But it's doable. He just needs to learn to get down behind his pads a little bit and get that center of gravity lower to help him move a little better in smaller spaces.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:38 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't take Mayer early in the 2nd last year.
The Chargers and Raiders both have genuinely good players at maybe 4 positions on the field and both took guys that play that position with their first round picks.

The Alt thing just blows my mind. Again - damn good player. Gonna be a starter there for 10 years. But man, you have Slater and a shot at Nabers and you took a guy who's either going to play RT or end up moving your pro bowl caliber LT over to the right side.

It's just braindead, IMO.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 01:00 PM   #116
Andy Reid Supporter

Only 1 career drop in college. Wow

Also this was interesting. 7.5 YAC average for Worthy. 6.5 YAC for Wiley.

Only negative about this kid is, like Kelce, he’s an older prospect turning 24 this fall.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:54 PM   #117
Please squeeze

dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:57 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Only 1 career drop in college. Wow

Also this was interesting. 7.5 YAC average for Worthy. 6.5 YAC for Wiley.

Only negative about this kid is, like Kelce, he’s an older prospect turning 24 this fall.
That may be the thing that reminds me most about Kelce with him.

It's not the movement skills - it's that he attacks the ball with his hands. He's a real natural hands catcher.

I wonder if that's not fooling a few others as well. "He looks like Kelce and I can't quite figure out why..."

Watch the clips with that in mind and I think that may be what you're seeing.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:02 PM   #119
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That may be the thing that reminds me most about Kelce with him.

It's not the movement skills - it's that he attacks the ball with his hands. He's a real natural hands catcher.

I wonder if that's not fooling a few others as well. "He looks like Kelce and I can't quite figure out why..."

Watch the clips with that in mind and I think that may be what you're seeing.
He really snatches the ball out of the air. He doesn't wait for it to hit his hands or body his hands and arms are actively moving to the ball. Could be a contested catch monster in the red zone with his size and hands.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:03 PM   #120
MVP

I am pretty excited for this kid. I feel like he can easily be the #2 tight end by end of season.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.