Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #34261
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
No way. I actually don’t expect too much of a bump in cases but that will be attributed to the warmer weather. But as soon as the rioting goes away and fall comes back, the same outlets will be all over coronavirus again, manufacturing outrage, and demanding distancing, shutdowns, etc. Make no mistake about it.
It always makes me laugh when the media reports the what experts tell them and then people claim the media is the one who is to blame for people panicking...
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:45 AM   #34262
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Nice to see Hamas put a nail in the coffin of the legitimacy of this thread and his opinions.
Age, kids and a health scare sure didn’t put a dent in his arrogance
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #34263
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrwheader View Post
Agree, thing is my new job wants me to start asap. They are actually not hurting at all since they develop software for e-learning. I'm leaning towards just taking the job and telling them that the furlough has put financial stress on me and my family and I have an employer that is wiling to pay me full time and wants me to start now so sorry about it.

I should mention I don't have anything to hand off as I we never started anything this year due to all the craziness. I just don't see the point in a two week notice and obviously they need to save the money anyway. But for some reason something nags at me about it. I Think its just the company will find a way to spin it like I am an asshole for not putting in a notice and I do like some of my co workers.

I don’t think you should feel overly responsible to a company that can’t keep you employed and I don’t think they would fault you for moving on. I think ultimately though it sounds like you have to ask yourself if it matters if they spin it to make you look bad.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:47 AM   #34264
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
It always makes me laugh when the media reports the what experts tell them and then people claim the media is the one who is to blame for people panicking...
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #34265
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
The media IS partly to blame. Nobody took this seriously initially. Some outright dismissed it. Trump too. This should never have been a party issue, but an American.
Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:49 AM   #34266
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Oh THAT’S what’s going on

Holy shit some of you are unbelievable. And you had the nerve to call me a “bitch ass hoe” lmao
I can’t speak for others but I don’t come here much anymore because of trolls like you who make everything a zero sum game of arguing straw men. I could give a f about the media fear mongering or the politicians. I’ve only ever cared about the science, and as a pandemic unfolds before our eyes the science has been incredible and messy all at the same time, truly unprecedented. Science is always changing and testing hypothesis, and that’s why I trust it above all, but understand it can and will change direction as more research is done. That’s the scientific method, and about the only thing one can find any truth in even as its changing at warp speed.
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:52 AM   #34267
Banned

I'll go back to lurking this thread. As much trolling as I've done, it'd be kinda funny if this is what gets me banned from here
Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:59 AM   #34268
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex View Post
I can’t speak for others but I don’t come here much anymore because of trolls like you who make everything a zero sum game of arguing straw men. I could give a f about the media fear mongering or the politicians. I’ve only ever cared about the science, and as a pandemic unfolds before our eyes the science has been incredible and messy all at the same time, truly unprecedented. Science is always changing and testing hypothesis, and that’s why I trust it above all, but understand it can and will change direction as more research is done. That’s the scientific method, and about the only thing one can find any truth in even as its changing at warp speed.
How the **** am I trolling? By holding people accountable for their inconsistency and hypocrisy?

And you clearly haven’t been paying attention if you think I’m the one arguing straw men. I’ve been accused of saying shit 4-5 times in this thread that I didn’t.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #34269
Mod Team

There are reeruns and idiots on both extremes.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Many states are able to be opening and working through the phases currently, using preventative measures as needed. Some states are doing well at this and tracking the numbers. Other states are still seeing rising numbers and shouldn’t be opening as quickly.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #34270
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrwheader View Post
Agree, thing is my new job wants me to start asap. They are actually not hurting at all since they develop software for e-learning. I'm leaning towards just taking the job and telling them that the furlough has put financial stress on me and my family and I have an employer that is wiling to pay me full time and wants me to start now so sorry about it.

I should mention I don't have anything to hand off as I we never started anything this year due to all the craziness. I just don't see the point in a two week notice and obviously they need to save the money anyway. But for some reason something nags at me about it. I Think its just the company will find a way to spin it like I am an asshole for not putting in a notice and I do like some of my co workers.
Your job is a business transaction. You do something for them...they do something for you. Right now they're not doing anything for you. Take the new job. Don't get sentimental.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #34271
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
How the **** am I trolling? By holding people accountable for their inconsistency and hypocrisy?

And you clearly haven’t been paying attention if you think I’m the one arguing straw men. I’ve been accused of saying shit 4-5 times in this thread that I didn’t.
My apologies to you then, I’m likely wrong labeling you. How about we don’t argue about social politics and focus the thread back on the plethora of science that has come out the last few days. Mostly positive news, and a lot of reasons to be optimistic.
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:21 PM   #34272
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex View Post
My apologies to you then, I’m likely wrong labeling you. How about we don’t argue about social politics and focus the thread back on the plethora of science that has come out the last few days. Mostly positive news, and a lot of reasons to be optimistic.
Fair enough
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:24 PM   #34273
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Rioting, destroying property and injuring people is better than chilling by a pool. Sweet take.
I think a half dozen people have been murdered so far during these "protest" but your ass needs to stay away from the barber you selfish prick.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:30 PM   #34274
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I think a half dozen people have been murdered so far during these "protest" but your ass needs to stay away from the barber you selfish prick.
Don't you dare think about protesting against potential unconstitutional abuses of executive power through ruling by decree.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #34275
I missed '69!

I’ve taken this virus way more seriously than most and I still do. I have a twin daughter that has a history of kidney infections which gave her kidney scarring and now high blood pressure she’s on meds for. She’s in great health otherwise.

These “protests” are total BS. They are endangering people and doing WAY more harm than good. I’ve literally not heard one “protester” give solutions to what they see is a problem. People that just bitch without offering answers are pitiful. The murderer has been arrested. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t see that as justice. Discuss hiring more minority officers. Mandatory body cams. Etc. These people of all colors are destroying their communities not helping them.
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote