Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?

Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2024 at 06:21 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:48 PM   #91
MVP

Adonai Mitchell - WR - Texas
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 06:01 PM   #92
Why so serious?

Trade back into the second.

McConkey or Pearsall.

It’s time for a white WR.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 06:08 PM   #93
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
I’m going WAY off the reservation.

Cooper DeJean.
Sneaky good choice IMO.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:27 PM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Sneaky good choice IMO.
Fits what we do and is versatile AF.

With that said, I don’t see him falling to us and I don’t see us trading up for him. But definitely a wild card, IMO
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:28 PM   #95
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Trade back into the second.

McConkey or Pearsall.

It’s time for a white WR.
Sorry TC we’ve met our gritty, gutty white guy quota at the WR position.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:28 PM   #96
MVP

After listening to Veach today I'm going OL. I'll give my specific pick later.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:10 PM   #97
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Sorry TC we’ve met our gritty, gutty white guy quota at the WR position.
So we need that at corner?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:27 PM   #98
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
So we need that at corner?
We would meet our white CB quota, yes.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:40 PM   #99
Veteran

Head says we trade into the mid 20s for a tackle in the first. Javon Baker in the 2nd.

Heart says Xavier Worthy. Kelce, Rice, Hollywood, Worthy and a healthy and motivated (big if) Toney. 3 peat.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:46 PM   #100
MVP

I’d love to see us trade back to somewhere in the 35-45 range, get an extra pick or two, and grab Legette.

But my call if we stay at 32? Mitchell, followed closely by Coleman. Jordan Morgan if we go OL.

Calling my shot for the guy who 5 years from now will be overwhelmingly viewed as the best player in this class regardless of position: Malik Nabers

I really don’t want the Chargers to draft Nabers. They will if they’re smart, though.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 07:51 PM   #101
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If we trade up it's for Thomas, Latham or Fuatanu, IMO.

I don't think we can get up to Fashanu (know we can't get up to Alt). And like you, I don't think we can get up to the Big 3 at WR.

Thomas is the clear WR4, IMO. And I think Fuatanu is probably LT3 in this draft (there's too much projection required in Latham and probably Fuaga as well, IMO).

And I still think either of them would have to make it past Jacksonville and Cincy to the Rams spot where they may be interested in collecting more capital since they haven't had a 1st rounder in awhile.

That'll cost you this year's 3rd and next year's 2nd, IMO. You might get something like 155 back in the deal, but the meat of the deal will be 32, 95 and the 2025 2nd rounder to get up there. And that presumes either of those guys get that far.

You have maybe a 30% chance of one of them getting that far, IMO.

And ultimately that's why I just don't see a trade up as being very likely.
Isnt Mims considered one of the best pure pass blocking prospects in several years? If we are trading up for a tackle in the 1st that is my best guess.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:51 PM   #102
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Xavier Worthy
There's no way the Bills let him get past them and potentially to us, especially after Diggs got traded. I'd love to see the meltdown if it happened, but it won't.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:54 PM   #103
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
There's no way the Bills let him get past them and potentially to us, especially after Diggs got traded. I'd love to see the meltdown if it happened, but it won't.
We find a way to get Brian Thomas Jr or Xavier Worthy the rest of the league is going to freak out.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:55 PM   #104
sorta mod-ish

I've had a draft crush on Troy Franklin all offseason. If we stay at the 32 spot, he could be the pick, maybe? But so could McConkey and Mitchell, sooooo......

There's so much depth at receiver, and I really want one of these guys, but I think the smart play is to grab a tackle somehow/someway. There's going to be someone good available at WR in the 2nd.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:55 PM   #105
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Bart Veach is feeling it. A year after no team would trade with the Chiefs, suddenly teams are willing to dance. With the Chris Jones contract saga now settled, and L'Jarius Sneed in Nashville, for the first time in years Bart has a pretty clear roadmap on what the future needs of his team are, and he makes a huge move to fill the biggest hole on team when he makes a draft day blockbuster trade that the Chiefs have not seen since they drafted Mahomes.

Instead of trading up for a franchise quarterback, Veach is now pushing all his chips into the middle of the table to select Mahomes' blindside defender, Joe Alt, who slips down just far enough that Veach at the Chiefs have enough draft capital (this year and next year's first rounder plus some change) to finally end Veach's four season long quest to find a long term solution for the LT position.

While risky and expensive, the move provides Mahomes and the Chiefs bookend left and right tackles under control not the near future. Their remaining draft capital can still fill needs at wr, guard, and along the defensive line. If Alt, the best LT prospect pans out, the Chiefs will extend their playoff window and continue to challenge for even more championships.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.