Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 04-08-2018, 03:18 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

This strategy seems to fit Brett Veach’s aggression

Interesting story from AP on potential for moving up with Philly at 32.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...mpression=true

Here’s is an important piece to the move:

Quote:
The Eagles’ pick is worth 590 points. The Chiefs would need to give up picks 54 (360 points), 78 (200 points) and 124 (48 points) in order to meet (and slightly exceed) the value of the 32nd pick.
Philly has zero 2nd or 3rd rd picks so this offer should appear very tempting for them.

The Chiefs would have a 1st (32), 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 7th. At this point I’d think Veach would use his 2nd rd pick from Peters and maybe a 4th from 2019 to move up from 86.
Dorsey has 3 2nd rd picks including the last 2nd rd pick at 64. He currently has zero 3rd rd picks. I think he’d bite at that immediately.

So that would leave us with the following:

1st (32)
2nd (64)
4th (122)
6th (192)
7th (233)
7th (243)

Thoughts?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
Veteran

Move up to 32 to take who though?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

I think that would be a terrible idea and we have no 4th round pick in 2019.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
MVP

Well, in my 4/1 mock I did this:

Quote:
1 (32) – CB Isaiah Oliver – Colorado
Mock Trade: Chiefs trade Eagles Round 2(54), 3(86) and 2019 Round 3 for Round 1(32)
So yeah, I think the Eagles would be the target team for getting up in 1 and I think that the compensation levels are similar.

I'm not sure about trading up twice. In my scenario, you're keeping 78 and you're keeping that 2019 2nd to give you three picks in the top 64 while losing 3rd and 4th rounders (Ragland).
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #5
pie is never free

I'm not so sure its necessary, its a deep draft at almost all of our defensive positions of need
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:57 PM   #6
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Well, in my 4/1 mock I did this:

So yeah, I think the Eagles would be the target team for getting up in 1 and I think that the compensation levels are similar.

I'm not sure about trading up twice. In my scenario, you're keeping 78 and you're keeping that 2019 2nd to give you three picks in the top 64 while losing 3rd and 4th rounders (Ragland).
Interesting. Your compensation package sounds good to me too. Seems like it would depend on the demands from Howie Roseman.

Also depends on how our board looks. Im thinking we’ll trade up multiple times on draft day.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:35 PM   #7
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
I'm not so sure its necessary, its a deep draft at almost all of our defensive positions of need
Just because there are a lot of players from a certain position group doesn’t mean they fit what you want to do and the opening you have on the roster.

Veach will identify the guys in this draft class that can provide an impact and try his best to go get them.

Just like I said last February...I’d love it if they draft Mahomes, but I’d love it even more if they move up to get him.

Same goes for a corner like Josh Jackson.

I think he slips to the mid 20s because his field work at the combine wasn’t ideal, this is San extremely deep CB class and he was only a 1 year starter...but in this system, he would be a perfect replacement for Marcus Peters.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

At some point we need to keep what we've got, or possibly add even more, to replenish some of the depth chart.

Making a power move for Mahomes was a no brainer.
Rolling a 4th for a starter was fine.
Spending a 5th to add onto the OL chart has some logic to it.

But at some point we're going to run out of picks and we've got some major holes. If the CB pool is looking flush towards the end of Thursday, they need to stand the **** still.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:03 PM   #9
Can't Use That Disney Ass Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
At some point we need to keep what we've got, or possibly add even more, to replenish some of the depth chart.

But at some point we're going to run out of picks and we've got some major holes. If the CB pool is looking flush towards the end of Thursday, they need to stand the **** still.
I’m more leaning towards this side. I’m all for moving up as long as the cost fits. But staying at 54 and having 2 3s and 2 4s need to used on replenishing this roster.
Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mother****erJones is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:23 PM   #10
Rufus Dawes Jr.

I think it would be a huge mistake to give up picks in this draft.

Our defense needs an massive amount of depth. Our current draft picks allows the Chiefs to add quality depth on multipe levels of the defense. Its not a draft where we are going to land a future star, but it is an important draft that solidifies the roster. Next year with two 2nd rounders we can add some key play makers on defense.

Man, people need a little patience around here.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #11
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post

I think you’ll be disappointed then bc Veach has flat out said he’s going to be aggressive.

Nobody will give a shit if Veach gets us multiple players that contribute at a high level in 2018.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #12
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I think it would be a huge mistake to give up picks in this draft.

Our defense needs an massive amount of depth. Our current draft picks allows the Chiefs to add quality depth on multipe levels of the defense. Its not a draft where we are going to land a future star, but it is an important draft that solidifies the roster. Next year with two 2nd rounders we can add some key play makers on defense.

Man, people need a little patience around here.
Things I would trade to move up in the 2018 draft:

The 2019 second rounder
Any pick after the third round in the 2018 draft

I don’t want them to go crazy here, but there are some elite guys in this draft that will fall because of not only positional depth, but also the quality this draft class has.

50 prospects graded as first rounders.

That’s the most since 2010 iirc
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #13
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think you’ll be disappointed then bc Veach has flat out said he’s going to be aggressive.

Nobody will give a shit if Veach gets us multiple players that contribute at a high level in 2018.
His aggressiveness may be somewhat limited depending on how the draft unfolds.
While I am a believer in quality over quantity we have several positions that need filled. I would rather use our later picks up to and including our last 4th to move up in the 2cd and or 3rd rounds.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:18 PM   #14
I’m a Mahomo!

Getting into the first round isn’t a big deal to me unless there’s a player who has fallen so much that Veach decided he’s gotta have him.

I’d rather have the first pick of the 2nd round instead. You have a whole day to think about who you want & plenty of teams will trade for that pick. The first pick of the 4th round is a nice pick to have too.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #15
In Search of a Life

I'm just not sure about trading up. They need a lot of depth on D and I hate giving up picks, especially premium picks.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.