Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I'm interested to see how this develops. Millennials get blamed for killing everything, but it's often overblown. I'd like to see what millennials are actually watching. It's pretty obvious soccer has gained in popularity. And a lot of MLB and NBA teams are now selling "pass" style tickets, where you pay less than a season ticket but get guaranteed tickets to every game, delivered to your phone on gameday. I saw the Dolphins were offering a cheaper standing room only ticket this year to try and pull some of that audience in.
If people younger than 35 aren't playing fantasy football at a rate close to the age bracket older, that would be a warning sign.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
If people younger than 35 aren't playing fantasy football at a rate close to the age bracket older, that would be a warning sign.
Yeah, and I don't feel like that's happening, but maybe it is. I get the feeling a lot of people enjoy fantasy football more than the actual games. For some people the NFL only exists to create statistics for fantasy teams.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:09 PM   #4
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Yeah, and I don't feel like that's happening, but maybe it is. I get the feeling a lot of people enjoy fantasy football more than the actual games. For some people the NFL only exists to create statistics for fantasy teams.
I ****ing hate those people
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
I ****ing hate those people
Yeah, it's pretty infuriating. But all these channels have Fantasy Football experts and are running player stats across the bottom of the screen all day. It's obvious where the $$ is.

Plus all these sports channels have fantasy football leagues on their website. So they can make money off of it too.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:05 PM   #6
Shoot the tube

Quote:
I'm interested to see how this develops. Millennials get blamed for killing everything, but it's often overblown. I'd like to see what millennials are actually watching. It's pretty obvious soccer has gained in popularity. And a lot of MLB and NBA teams are now selling "pass" style tickets, where you pay less than a season ticket but get guaranteed tickets to every game, delivered to your phone on gameday. I saw the Dolphins were offering a cheaper standing room only ticket this year to try and pull some of that audience in.
Have you looked at Disney stock lately? DIS ticker.

ESPN is in free fall. They talk of cord cutters, but my daughter and son are, if I can borrow a cheesy line from a cheesy Disney sports movie that was shamelessly pimping their new hockey team, they are "NEVER WAS". As in, they never had a cord to cut. They are over the top consumers of content, all day, every day. No cords to cut, cause they never subscribed to ESPN in the first place.

Anecdotal to be sure, but there are sure to be more like them.
Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcountry View Post
Have you looked at Disney stock lately? DIS ticker.

ESPN is in free fall. They talk of cord cutters, but my daughter and son are, if I can borrow a cheesy line from a cheesy Disney sports movie that was shamelessly pimping their new hockey team, they are "NEVER WAS". As in, they never had a cord to cut. They are over the top consumers of content, all day, every day. No cords to cut, cause they never subscribed to ESPN in the first place.

Anecdotal to be sure, but there are sure to be more like them.
There's little doubt of that. There's a whole other conversation you could have here about young people and their ability to find well paying jobs, student loan debt, etc. And whatever you make of that, it's something that exists. You're eventually going to have to get people who spend 8 bucks a month on TV to drop hundreds on Sunday Ticket.

Plus, there are a lot of people who just genuinely don't give a crap about live TV, even with an antenna. Netflix has created a system where you don't need live TV to be entertained, and there are so many shows being created by TV networks that you can never watch them all. Plus you can watch them whenever you want, without commercials. You aren't bound by a noon kickoff time, and you don't have to sit through 6 minutes of commercials sandwiched around a kickoff that sails through the endzone for a touchback.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #8
Shoot the tube

Quote:
There's little doubt of that. There's a whole other conversation you could have here about young people and their ability to find well paying jobs, student loan debt, etc. And whatever you make of that, it's something that exists. You're eventually going to have to get people who spend 8 bucks a month on TV to drop hundreds on Sunday Ticket.

Plus, there are a lot of people who just genuinely don't give a crap about live TV, even with an antenna. Netflix has created a system where you don't need live TV to be entertained, and there are so many shows being created by TV networks that you can never watch them all. Plus you can watch them whenever you want, without commercials. You aren't bound by a noon kickoff time, and you don't have to sit through 6 minutes of commercials sandwiched around a kickoff that sails through the endzone for a touchback.
Precisely, so what we have here, is a marketplace that is in flux looking for a new equilibrium, which, due to the long term nature of TV contracts and player salaries will take some time to come into balance.

I honestly cannot see spoiled on air talent protesting against over half their paying audience and NOT having the market react, this in addition tot he other structural long term issues that this market is dealing with. There is an oversupply, as you stated, of substitute product in the entertainment industry.
Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:25 AM   #9
Supporter

Quote:
you don't have to sit through 6 minutes of commercials sandwiched around a kickoff that sails through the endzone for a touchback.
Hammer meet nail. The rules changes have changed the product significantly.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:20 PM   #10
In Search of a Life

The NFL doesn't need innovation. They need to get back to the basics and un**** all the things Goodell ****ed up.

It's a pretty simple model. Do what's right for real fans. At every single turn, the NFL has plowed fans over:
-Games are more accessible to corporations than screaming fans
-The DirecTV contract is moronic in a world of streaming/on-demand
-Stop giving a shit about European fans if you're bleeding American fans
-Change bullshit deals so fans can actually afford NFL merchandise
-Let players have personalities instead of the "protect the shield" bullshit
-Stop appeasing fantasy owners/gambling. We're all tired of the same QBs dominating the league
-Stop watering this down. TNF is a stupid ass idea. Draft coverage is exhausting.

Pretty simple concept. In the million ways Goodell has put $ over fans, do the opposite and un**** this league.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:31 PM   #11
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
The NFL doesn't need innovation. They need to get back to the basics and un**** all the things Goodell ****ed up.

It's a pretty simple model. Do what's right for real fans. At every single turn, the NFL has plowed fans over:
-Stop appeasing fantasy owners/gambling. We're all tired of the same QBs dominating the league
-Stop watering this down. TNF is a stupid ass idea. Draft coverage is exhausting.

Pretty simple concept. In the million ways Goodell has put $ over fans, do the opposite and un**** this league.
I agree with this. I'd also add that the inconsistency in the way penalties are called is maddening. I love the Chiefs, but there have been times when I've seriously considered giving up watching completely because the penalties are so aggravating.

I have no idea what holding is or isn't, because it appears to happen on just about every play, but it's called at random. It also seems like it happens more often and is called less often when teams are protecting elite QBs.

Defensive pass interference is called excessively, while offensive pass interference is almost never called, even in cases where it appears much more egregious than the DPI that is being called.
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurman merman View Post
I agree with this. I'd also add that the inconsistency in the way penalties are called is maddening. I love the Chiefs, but there have been times when I've seriously considered giving up watching completely because the penalties are so aggravating.

I have no idea what holding is or isn't, because it appears to happen on just about every play, but it's called at random. It also seems like it happens more often and is called less often when teams are protecting elite QBs.

Defensive pass interference is called excessively, while offensive pass interference is almost never called, even in cases where it appears much more egregious than the DPI that is being called.
Yup. At least get rid of all the bullshit subjective penalties. At least holding is a penalty that gives the team an unfair advantage. Who really gives a shit about taunting and excessive celebration? I can't believe how many games were literally impacted by late taunting calls.

Totally agree on OPI vs. DPI. Let's face it, Goodell made the NFL passing game friendly for ratings and fantasy football geeks.

Flags are so disruptive. I don't know why the NFL thinks flag happy games are watchable.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #13
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post

Alot of these are really good. Fantasy football is total bullshit.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:48 PM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
Alot of these are really good. Fantasy football is total bullshit.
You gave up on the NFL a decade ago.

No one cares what you think.

Go play in the street with your soccer ball.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.