Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2019, 05:54 PM  
Kind of a mod

MCU Meta Discussion

The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:46 AM   #736
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
Love & Thunder was the only one where at points I was seriously thinking 'why am I wasting my time watching this shit?'
Really?

You don't remember watching half a movie where RDJ was just getting drunk and Rhodey jumped from "come on man, it's time to sober up" to "I'm now wielding a continental WEAPON AT YOU STAND DOWN" in the span of about 20 seconds.

Every phase has had its stinkers.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:29 AM   #737
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Really?

You don't remember watching half a movie where RDJ was just getting drunk and Rhodey jumped from "come on man, it's time to sober up" to "I'm now wielding a continental WEAPON AT YOU STAND DOWN" in the span of about 20 seconds.

Love & Thunder was bad.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 01:00 PM   #738
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Love & Thunder was bad.
I don't think so -- I had it as the middle of the road. Literally have it 15th.

It's a solid comedy, actually gave Valkyrie and Portman things to do. The villain had real motivations and I felt was brilliantly acted, and the cosmic aspect was enjoyable -- at least for me.

The biggest, dumbest issue for me was Russell Crowe as Zeus -- holy shit did they implode with that idea. They should have gone with literally anybody with some (a.) gravitas and (b.) any knack whatsoever for comedy. Tim Curry would have crushed that role.

I also thought the climax with Thor magically being able to infuse his power into children came from nowhere.

Overall, more good than bad I think.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:01 PM   #739
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don't think so -- I had it as the middle of the road. Literally have it 15th.

It's a solid comedy, actually gave Valkyrie and Portman things to do. The villain had real motivations and I felt was brilliantly acted, and the cosmic aspect was enjoyable -- at least for me.

The biggest, dumbest issue for me was Russell Crowe as Zeus -- holy shit did they implode with that idea. They should have gone with literally anybody with some (a.) gravitas and (b.) any knack whatsoever for comedy. Tim Curry would have crushed that role.

I also thought the climax with Thor magically being able to infuse his power into children came from nowhere.

Overall, more good than bad I think.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. It was bad.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 01:43 PM   #740
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. It was bad.
Oh I gotcha. Sorry, totally missed that it was bad.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:27 PM   #741
MVP

Quote:
Really?

Bad drama becomes unintentional comedy, bad comedy is just painful to watch.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:28 PM   #742
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
Bad drama becomes unintentional comedy, bad comedy is just painful to watch.
Alright, I thought the movie was pretty funny but hey.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 02:43 PM   #743
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Oh I gotcha. Sorry, totally missed that it was bad.
Glad we could clear that up.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:49 PM   #744
sorta mod-ish

If we all learned Taika Waititi was on a massive cocaine and booze rager all the way through making L&T (4 hour original cut??), would any of us be in the least bit shocked by that discovery?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 03:51 PM   #745
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
If we all learned Taika Waititi was on a massive cocaine and booze rager all the way through making L&T (4 hour original cut??), would any of us be in the least bit shocked by that discovery?
It wouldn't surprise me at all. This is why there are only certain directors that you can let loose to create whatever they want. Feige gave him way too much leash on Love & Thunder. And we got a movie that was quite bad and didn't make sense at so many points.
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:08 PM   #746
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post
It wouldn't surprise me at all. This is why there are only certain directors that you can let loose to create whatever they want. Feige gave him way too much leash on Love & Thunder. And we got a movie that was quite bad and didn't make sense at so many points.

Marvel's been making bad movies for a while. That's been regardless of the directors and characters.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:16 PM   #747
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
Marvel's been making bad movies for a while. That's been regardless of the directors and characters.
Phase 4 I'd agree, but other than Waititi, Coogler (and Jon Watts who is under Sony's thumb w/ Spider-Man) all the directors in Phase 4 are new to the MCU. Waititi essentially redefined the character with Raganarok, and there was a lot of chatter they were giving him a lot more free reign when it was in production due to that shift.

Don't get me wrong, Feige has really messed up with Phase 4 and I'm sure that wasn't the only problem, but it is also apparent that Waititi went off the deep end quite a bit in Love and Thunder. Both things can be; and probably are, true.
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:41 PM   #748
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Don’t forget threesones.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:44 PM   #749
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Don’t forget threesones.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:44 PM   #750
MVP

Quote:
Where I am right now.

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Avengers: Endgame
4. The Avengers
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
6. Black Panther
7. Thor: Ragnarok
8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
10. Thor
11. Iron Man
12. Spider-Man: No Way Home
13. Avengers: Ages of Ultron
14. Black Widow
15. Thor: Love and Thunder
16. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
17. Spider-Man: Homecoming
18. Eternals
19. Ant-Man
20. Captain Marvel
21. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
22. Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
23. Spider-Man: Far From Home
24. Doctor Strange
25. Iron Man 3
26. Captain America: The First Avenger
27. Ant-Man and the Wasp
28. Thor: The Dark World
29. Incredible Hulk
30. Iron Man 2
Captain America Winter Soldier is my favorite Marvel movie. I liked the first GotG better than the 2nd one but both would definitely be in the top 10 for me. Thor: Love and Thunder would be at negative a billion.

I still haven't seen Shang-Chi, Eternals, Ant-Man and the Wasp or Black Widow.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.