Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-17-2019, 01:21 PM  
Be Kind To Your Pets

Got a New TV and it ROCKS

I'm in the AV biz. One of the perks is sometimes you get great AV stuff for a song. My company installs (among other things) big ass TVs and digital signage in schools, churches, public buildings, etc. In schools, sometimes a kid will do something stupid, like throw a stapler at a TV, or jerk on the cord and break the power supply, or worse. We've pulled three or four big ass TVs out of schools during the last year. The latest one is a Panasonic 75" digital signage monitor. It quit powering up. School bought a new one and turned the broken one in on insurance. We went out to install the new one. "What do you want us to do with the old one?" "It's broken, just get it out of here." So, we brought it back to the office, trouble shoot, needed a new power supply, $300 part, TV back like new. It's a $5,000 TV. So the company let me buy it for $300 -price of the repair part. I bought a new Denon amp to go with it, black friday half price for $550. So for $850, I've got $6000 worth of AV stuff. Bears game on Sunday night is gonna ROCK my living room!

We're testing both out today here at work. Picture looks phenomenal. Denon Rocks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newtv.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	119426  
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #2
Veteran

Looks like you need a bigger room now! Enjoy the game. Great perk.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-17-2019, 06:31 PM   #3
Politically Incorrect

What's the first movie your going to watch on it?

Star Wars?
Jaws?
Something with a lot of crazy action?

You have a nice surround sound setup as well?

Good luck with it, I'm jealous.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
Mod Team

I hope you aren't trying to Netflix and Chill in that room.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:39 PM   #5
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
What's the first movie your going to watch on it?

Star Wars?
Jaws?
Something with a lot of crazy action?

You have a nice surround sound setup as well?

Good luck with it, I'm jealous.
Probably first thing will be Bears-Chiefs Sunday night.
I just bought a new Denon amp with 7.1 surround. 100 watts per channel. It's really clean and sounds great. All Polk Speakers in the living room. Nice good system.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:50 PM   #6
Future NBA Finals MVP

Please find a 85'' 8k tv to fix and ill pay you to make it worthwhile
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #7
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Probably first thing will be Bears-Chiefs Sunday night.
I just bought a new Denon amp with 7.1 surround. 100 watts per channel. It's really clean and sounds great. All Polk Speakers in the living room. Nice good system.
Polk still makes great speakers after all these years.

Do you have anyone who buys McIntosh or Yamaha?

I used to like Hafler amp and preamp back in the day
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #8
Be Kind To Your Pets

I have Polk stuff in the living room, Infinity Primus in my bedroom system. Yamaha sub in the bedroom, Polk in the living room. I'm retiring my Yamaha amp, but I'll keep it because it still works fine, and I may find a use for it sometime. I'm an AV nerd. Don't like selling or getting rid of any of my gear, even when its obsolete. I have a lot of crap in my basement that still works, but is not modern, including about five Mac computers.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:08 AM   #9
a.k.a. Lenny

Nice pickup George. I used to be an audiophile geek. Spent tons of money on Onkyo, Polk, NHT, Infinity, etc. Did mailorder with a west coast company. One-call? Any way Alpine, Luxman, Pioneer. Home and mobile. Wish I had all the money back because now a car radio sounds fine to these old ears.
Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:36 AM   #10
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon View Post
Nice pickup George. I used to be an audiophile geek. Spent tons of money on Onkyo, Polk, NHT, Infinity, etc. Did mailorder with a west coast company. One-call? Any way Alpine, Luxman, Pioneer. Home and mobile. Wish I had all the money back because now a car radio sounds fine to these old ears.
Remember Nakamichi (?) high end turntables?

Last edited by scho63; 12-19-2019 at 06:46 AM..
Old 12-19-2019, 08:02 PM   #11
He's Mahomie!

I remember years ago the projectors were the way to go. Has the industry gone away from that?
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:32 PM   #12
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
I remember years ago the projectors were the way to go. Has the industry gone away from that?
They are still pretty popular, the 4K projectors are coming down in price that really nice 1080p can be had for a song. I picked up a BenQ short throw about a year ago for 240 bucks refurbished on BenQ website. They aren't even refurbed just closed out for its successor was brand spanking new. That particular projector retailed 2400 bucks when it was introduced and its picture will just blow you away. What shys people away is they think that you cant see them unless you have a totally dark room. Not true and hasnt been for 6 or 7 years now.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:44 PM   #13
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Remember Nakamichi (?) high end turntables?
Nakamichi made high end 3 motor two head cassette decks too.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #14
MVP

See, now I worry George:

Your new setup and comforts at stately Wayne Manor might keep you from the Chiefs’ home games and your “10 Things” perspective may be skewed from not being at Arrowhead to interact with head coaches/players whether that means high fives, finger points or the ever-effective flipping of the bird!
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #15
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
See, now I worry George:

Your new setup and comforts at stately Wayne Manor might keep you from the Chiefs’ home games and your “10 Things” perspective may be skewed from not being at Arrowhead to interact with head coaches/players whether that means high fives, finger points or the ever-effective flipping of the bird!
I prefer to communicate verbally. Todd Haley preferred to communicate non-verbally.

My pal Gary is coming over Sunday Night to watch the Bears game with me to christen the new Big Ass TV. BTW: Don't google images for "Big Ass TV". It will not end well.