Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-23-2019, 04:38 PM  
I'll be back.

NFL trade watch

oh myyyy

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:42 PM   #646
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

So how much would we be willing to give to get Howard? And is there any scenario where we could get him and still be able to keep Jones and Hill?

The way I see it, If we do as well as we hope and get to the superbowl then from the place we'd be picking are we really likely to get a decent corner? The very best in the draft will no doubt be long gone so we'd most likely be picking a kid where question marks would still be hanging over his head. By getting Howard, we'd at least have a pro-bowl calibre corner who is only 26 and can still get better. Next season the only CB's certain to still be here are Ward and Fuller right? So something has to give. I'd give a 1st and 4th to get the deal over the line tbh. The 4th wouldn't matter as we're apparently gonna get a 4th round comp pick anyway so we'd only be losing the 1st rounder and If San Fran stink again our second round pick could well be high so things could work in our favour in the end.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #647
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
So how much would we be willing to give to get Howard? And is there any scenario where we could get him and still be able to keep Jones and Hill?

The way I see it, If we do as well as we hope and get to the superbowl then from the place we'd be picking are we really likely to get a decent corner? The very best in the draft will no doubt be long gone so we'd most likely be picking a kid where question marks would still be hanging over his head. By getting Howard, we'd at least have a pro-bowl calibre corner who is only 26 and can still get better. Next season the only CB's certain to still be here are Ward and Fuller right? So something has to give. I'd give a 1st and 4th to get the deal over the line tbh. The 4th wouldn't matter as we're apparently gonna get a 4th round comp pick anyway so we'd only be losing the 1st rounder and If San Fran stink again our second round pick could well be high so things could work in our favour in the end.
Fuller is an UFA. We have a lot of work to do at that spot heading into 2020.

But let's live in the now.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:52 PM   #648
In Search of a Life

Quote:

They don't necessarily have to have a day one lockdown guy from the draft. CB's taken late first/2nd usually don't come like that day one, but can develop into a nice cheap solid player.

You're gonna have to move on from Watkins and Hitch sooner than later too, so you'll get some cash from that but you need picks to fill those spots.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:00 PM   #649
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They don't necessarily have to have a day one lockdown guy from the draft. CB's taken late first/2nd usually don't come like that day one, but can develop into a nice cheap solid player.

You're gonna have to move on from Watkins and Hitch sooner than later too, so you'll get some cash from that but you need picks to fill those spots.
So if we did get Howard and then moved on from Hitch and Watkins would that allow Veach to still keep Hill and Jones? Because I'm just thinking about the Pats and how they forked out big money to Gilmore!!..look how that turned out? Howard arguably has that sort of talent so I think it would be a very wise move tbh.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:01 PM   #650
In Search of a Life

Quote:
So if we did get Howard and then moved on from Hitch and Watkins would that allow Veach to still keep Hill and Jones? Because I'm just thinking about the Pats and how they forked out big money to Gilmore!!..look how that turned out? Howard arguably has that sort of talent so I think it would be a very wise move tbh.
I don't think so.

I don't really know that you can keep both of them as it is and you'd essentially be replacing one of them with Howards deal.

They're gonna have to draft and develop some guys there.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #651
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I don't think so.

I don't really know that you can keep both of them as it is and you'd essentially be replacing one of them with Howards deal.

They're gonna have to draft and develop some guys there.
Could also let go of Sorensen, Ragland and Culquitt which would free up more money too. All of those could be replaced easily in the draft.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:13 PM   #652
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
They could, but they will have to pay him, which they don't want to do
They seem willing to do so, but just not at the insane amount he's asking.

First year tag rate close to in line of what the team was offering IIRC
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:26 PM   #653
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
They seem willing to do so, but just not at the insane amount he's asking.

First year tag rate close to in line of what the team was offering IIRC
Just under 11.5 million for the tag. He is making a little over 5 now. So he would double his salary if they tagged him.

Not ideal for Gordon though as it shortens his contract window.

I think you and I are agreeing, he doesn't have a lot of leverage. I still think he holds out half the year though
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:30 PM   #654
SuperBowl or bust

Teams get a franchise tag AND a transition tag this upcoming offseason. Jones and Hill aren’t going anywhere.

Even if we trade for a good corner.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:30 PM   #655
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Just under 11.5 million for the tag. He is making a little over 5 now. So he would double his salary if they tagged him.

Not ideal for Gordon though as it shortens his contract window.

I think you and I are agreeing, he doesn't have a lot of leverage. I still think he holds out half the year though
He certainly does not, but I don't think it's in the best interest of the Chargers to not figure out a way to get him in the door. The better bet would be to toss him a bone and get him motivated to cash in big come 2020.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:31 PM   #656
In Search of a Life

If they don’t agree to a new cba
Old 09-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #657
In Search of a Life

They’re gonna have to do something for a corner otherwise you’re an injury away from Fenton starting outside
Old 09-01-2019, 06:42 PM   #658
Consuming CP souls

You can say the same shit for every team pretty much.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #659
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
You can say the same shit for every team pretty much.
There aren't 32 teams with a clear expectation of being in the SB.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #660
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
He certainly does not, but I don't think it's in the best interest of the Chargers to not figure out a way to get him in the door. The better bet would be to toss him a bone and get him motivated to cash in big come 2020.
I heard rumors that he turned down 10 million a year. Unsure how much was guaranteed.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.