Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:27 PM   #826
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
Nice.

They aren’t even sending me a box. I’m just supposed to put my equipment in a bag and take it down to the local UPS store. They’ll box it up for me there and ship it back to the DTV.

Been with DTV for 13 years and they didn’t offer me dick to stay.
How will you watch Chiefs games?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #827
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
So I finally got around to trying the college student sign up.

It was an existing account that was used last year. But all they required was the student name, the school name (University of CA), date of birth, and the previously used gmail email account/password in order to check eligibility. Another intern who graduated this spring tried, and was denied, so they actually appear to be checking something against University records.
I've been telling you guys this. You can use any credit card you want - doesn't have to match the student name.

Downside is no Red Zone
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #828
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
WTF? I didn't even get a call.

Congrats!
I never got a call from them. I called in after my service was cut to obtain a shipping box. Then they started offering me shit.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #829
Starter

Some of you get the softies and I'm glad for you. I get the pricks. My guy told me to go F myself before he'd give up a discount on ST. I asked him what his problem was and he said the front office of AT&T had laid down the law: No exceptions, no slack. I'll listen on Sirius but am not thinking that's a big sacrifice given what I saw in the pre-season.
i.e., this doesn't seem to be the year or team to cough up the full $300 price to see their adventures.
3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:28 PM   #830
Starter

BTW, I'm only a 20 year customer of Directv but it seems not to matter to the people I get on the call-ins. I suspect the pressure is on because of the high rights fee being paid for ST but also get the sense that exclusivity won't be in place much longer.
3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #831
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I never got a call from them. I called in after my service was cut to obtain a shipping box. Then they started offering me shit.

I guess I need to go all the way then. Before just having a cancellation date was enough.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #832
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I guess I need to go all the way then. Before just having a cancellation date was enough.
It was for me last year, too. Not this year.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #833
In Search of a Life

I'm Le'Veon Belling myself. Free view this week and week 3 I'm in KC. I can do week 2 at a sports bar. I'll call before games week 4. See what they offer. Oh I'm gonna cave no matter what but maybe my "holdout" will help.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #834
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I've been telling you guys this. You can use any credit card you want - doesn't have to match the student name.

Downside is no Red Zone
I find that strange. When I went to the page to enter billing info, I could change the address and I could enter my credit card number. I couldn't actually change the name, it was grayed out. I'm thinking there is no way this goes through with a credit card that doesn't match the name, but it did.

When I went to check eligibility, the web page didn't list the Red Zone channel as one of the benefits. You could add NFL Game Pass for $50 which I did. I was a bit bummed about the no Red Zone.

However, when I got the final, review your purchase before hitting confirm, it did list the Red Zone. And I definitely had Red Zone last year. If it was tied to the $50 add on, it didn't do a good job of showing that.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #835
In Search of a Life

Please report back on Sunday if Red Zone works.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #836
MVP

Just got off the phone with DirecTV, same routine as last year. Noticed the charges had started for Sunday Ticket last month. I've had it for 10 years. Called and played dumb. Asked if Red Zone was included in my Sunday Ticket package. Knew it wasn't, because I had the regular package instead of the max package. When the rep told me it wasn't, I told him I had already paid $100 this year for NFL Game Pass (a lie) and that I didn't need them both. Told him if Red Zone was an additional charge, just to cancel the entire Sunday Ticket package and credit my bill for the 2 months that I had already paid for. Went through the usual song and dance, but remained nice and didn't budge.

He transferred me to his supervisor in the US and she told me that since I had been with them so long, she would offer me a "loyalty discount" of $40 off my monthly bill for the next 12 months. She also said that she would add HBO for free for 6 months. I asked if I had to cancel HBO at the end of 6 months or start getting charged for it and she said no, it would just drop off at the end of 6 months if I didn't add it. I told her good job, and to change my package to Sunday Ticket Max for this season.

So I'm paying $65/mo for Sunday Ticket Max, instead of $48 for regular Sunday Ticket. Once everything is said and done, I'm getting Sunday Ticket Max for $25/mo for 6 months, HBO free for 6 months, and $40/month savings off my bill for the 6 months after the season ends. Works every time, although last year I got ST Max for the price of ST Regular and got $60/mo off my bill for a year.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #837
Dyin ain't much of a livin..

Direct TV has Sunday Ticket Max free preview this Sunday, Sept 8th.
Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #838
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Just got off the phone with DirecTV, same routine as last year. Noticed the charges had started for Sunday Ticket last month. I've had it for 10 years. Called and played dumb. Asked if Red Zone was included in my Sunday Ticket package. Knew it wasn't, because I had the regular package instead of the max package. When the rep told me it wasn't, I told him I had already paid $100 this year for NFL Game Pass (a lie) and that I didn't need them both. Told him if Red Zone was an additional charge, just to cancel the entire Sunday Ticket package and credit my bill for the 2 months that I had already paid for. Went through the usual song and dance, but remained nice and didn't budge.

He transferred me to his supervisor in the US and she told me that since I had been with them so long, she would offer me a "loyalty discount" of $40 off my monthly bill for the next 12 months. She also said that she would add HBO for free for 6 months. I asked if I had to cancel HBO at the end of 6 months or start getting charged for it and she said no, it would just drop off at the end of 6 months if I didn't add it. I told her good job, and to change my package to Sunday Ticket Max for this season.

So I'm paying $65/mo for Sunday Ticket Max, instead of $48 for regular Sunday Ticket. Once everything is said and done, I'm getting Sunday Ticket Max for $25/mo for 6 months, HBO free for 6 months, and $40/month savings off my bill for the 6 months after the season ends. Works every time, although last year I got ST Max for the price of ST Regular and got $60/mo off my bill for a year.
You ARE a silver tongued devil my friend. Congrats.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:11 PM   #839
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Please report back on Sunday if Red Zone works.
Will do.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:55 AM   #840
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post

You must have ATT for you cell phone... I don't have that option and moved to DISH after 24 years, one of the first ones... The good news is after 6 months I don't miss Directv. My Bill is the same for 24 months and it is 56.80 cheaper for the same service. It's cheaper for me to go to a bar and eat and watch a non televised chiefs game...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.