Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2005, 04:07 PM  
You Sweetie!

-- The abandoned insane asylum

The abandoned insane asylum. Is it still there? You know the one by Arrowhead. People in High-school used to go there as a thrill. Kind of a rush. you know. Fill me in I have been away from MO for 14 yrs. now. and I'm like 'whoa' ...

Last edited by Simply Red; 09-04-2011 at 01:57 PM..
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #166
You Sweetie!

And I agree it'd have been prior to the 80's
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #167
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I so want to believe in ghosts because it sounds fun, but cannot. I've been to countless "haunted places" over the years and have experienced nothing. The only proof I have of the paranormal is stories from other people and highly suspect video.

I believe people think they experience or see things because they want to so bad but its just their imaginations getting the best of them and they cant tell a difference.
you need to find Jesus first, champ.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #168
You Sweetie!

Mom said it lasted until 1979ish and she seems to think it was called Kiddie-Land off of R.D. Mize Rd.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #169
You Sweetie!

The Amusement Park question has been escalated to my Blue Springs Facebook group.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #170
You Sweetie!

Homestead Park/Kiddieland
Old 09-20-2018, 06:57 PM   #171
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
you need to find Jesus first, champ.
I know plenty of Mexicans, sport.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:57 PM   #172
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I so want to believe in ghosts because it sounds fun, but cannot. I've been to countless "haunted places" over the years and have experienced nothing. The only proof I have of the paranormal is stories from other people and highly suspect video.

I believe people think they experience or see things because they want to so bad but its just their imaginations getting the best of them and they cant tell a difference.
I've experienced paranormal activity a few times, and believe me, I didn't want it. When it happens, it's just a 'whoa/wtf' experience. I wasn't expecting it, wasn't prepared for it....it just happened.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #173
Veteran

Quote:
Mom said it lasted until 1979ish and she seems to think it was called Kiddie-Land off of R.D. Mize Rd.
That sounds right. Now I remember. If you are going East on 70, the exit before 7 Hwy is R.D. Mize.

And that was my Grandparents exit. There was a Waffle House and a Conoco right off the ramp, and a left turn would take you by a couple of Motel/Hotels I think. That was the road that park was on. Right turn was over toward Woods Chapel Rd, and I think it would take you to 40 Hwy. I also remember Blue Springs Nissan and a Perkins around there back in the day.

Sorry to hijack, just sort of reliving my youth.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #174
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
That sounds right. Now I remember. If you are going East on 70, the exit before 7 Hwy is R.D. Mize.

And that was my Grandparents exit. There was a Waffle House and a Conoco right off the ramp, and a left turn would take you by a couple of Motel/Hotels I think. That was the road that park was on. Right turn was over toward Woods Chapel Rd, and I think it would take you to 40 Hwy. I also remember Blue Springs Nissan and a Perkins around there back in the day.

CJ's Liquor Store ring a bell? Off of Woods Chapel - I bleed retro!
Old 09-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #175
Veteran

Quote:
CJ's Liquor Store ring a bell? Off of Woods Chapel - I bleed retro!
Not really? I wasn't drinking much back then. I do remember my dad hitting up Spirt World on (I think) 63rd Street in Raytown...by the Post Office...back in the day.

I bought my first bottle of alcohol at Bergiglia on 350HWY when I turned 21. God, that seems like an eternity and yesterday at the same time.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #176
King Sandbagger

Homestead Park/Kiddie Land lasted until the mid to late 80s. It was on R.D. Mize about 1 mile south of Pink Hill Road. They used to have the "HOMESTEAD" letters in the fence that faced R.D. Mize.

See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kiddieland2.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	116984  
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:41 PM
suzzer99
This message has been deleted by suzzer99.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #177
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post

That was my exit too as a kid - we lived off of Valley View - which is on the other side of the highway. There used to be a Hiram's pizza over there, Big Boy, yeah Perkins, and Future Sport - the arcade I spent many hours in - in the strip mall.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #178
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman View Post
Homestead Park/Kiddie Land lasted until the mid to late 80s. It was on R.D. Mize about 1 mile south of Pink Hill Road. They used to have the "HOMESTEAD" letters in the fence that faced R.D. Mize.

See attached.
phisherman did you graduate from Lee's Scummit?
Old 09-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #179
You Sweetie!

That exit is actually Woods Chapel but yes - they may have RD Mize on the sign too because it intersects w/ WC. Road.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:02 PM   #180
You Sweetie!

Spott went ot LSHS too. We remember some of the same people - I was born and raised in Blue Springs - but went to LSHS my freshman year and some of 8th grade - then back to BSHS.