Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-25-2023, 01:41 PM  
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

2024 Tight End class

I don't have anything remarkable to talk about here but I wanted to talk about this guy and didn't see a TE thread.

Cade Stover, TE for Ohio State. I'm really impressed by him. I think I'd be willing to trade up in the 3rd or maybe even take him in the 2nd depending on how he tests.

He's just a really polished catcher, he's very physical. He's a little shorter than I like in a TE especially if he measures more like 6'2'' than the 6'4'' he's listed at. In either event, I think he's the guy I'm zoning in on in this draft since Bowers is a pipe dream.

Anybody have a guy out there they're particularly interested in that may be within range? If so, who and what round?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:54 PM   #61
MVP

Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 06:26 AM   #62
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palangi View Post
I like Jared Wiley the TE out of TCU. Started his career at Texas. Hasn’t played with the best QB play. Has good size like Theo Johnson. I think he moves more fluid than Johnson though.

https://youtu.be/nveoctAOQng?si=5k4JPMHyw2LILrBA
I also like Wiley more than Johnson. And I agree that Johnson does play a little stiff, if that's a thing. I get what you mean.

One player listed as a TE, but I think isn't an actual TE, is Jaheim Bell. I feel like he is more of a very large and athletic fullback. I think it would be interesting to see Reid use him like a cross between Kyle Juszczyk and Deebo Samuel. He could be a very unique offensive weapon.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-29-2024, 10:50 AM   #63
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Yeah, I've struggled to get a feel for Bell.

You could make an argument for him early on the 3rd day or as a UDFA.

I'll say this, for everyone that likes Ben Sinnott, this guy is very similar but just better, IMO. But I also think Ben Sinnott is one of those 'local boy done good' stories that folks love. And unlike Mizzou fans (where we usually shit all over our own guys heading into draft season), K-State fans support their dudes in the draft.

In a vacuum, Bell appears to be a better, higher ceiling version of the same style of player.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:10 PM   #64
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Zach Heins of South Dakota State is someone I'm liking in the Day 3 range, too.

Good size, can block, but he can run and has good hands and ball skills.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:33 PM   #65
Starter

Sanders on with Simms and the Magic 8 Ball for Andy’s retirement…

https://youtu.be/aMGC8AI9Vro?si=JUCzHAAqkJXsrKME
Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.Superbowltrashcan would the whole thing.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:10 PM   #66
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I also like Wiley more than Johnson. And I agree that Johnson does play a little stiff, if that's a thing. I get what you mean.

One player listed as a TE, but I think isn't an actual TE, is Jaheim Bell. I feel like he is more of a very large and athletic fullback. I think it would be interesting to see Reid use him like a cross between Kyle Juszczyk and Deebo Samuel. He could be a very unique offensive weapon.
I really like Bell as a chess piece. He's worked as both a TE and RB, is really good with the ball in his hands. 6'2" and 245 and lined up all over the field would create some matchup issues for other teams.

Tanner McLachlan is another intriguing day 3 consideration. Undersized a bit, but a surprisingly good blocker with good hands and the ability to fight for extra yards after the catch. He's good at finding spots in zones and athletic enough to work the seam.
iSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-01-2024, 08:36 PM   #67
MVP

Some stud numbers, unofficially.

Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:43 PM   #68
DeadPunisher

Man, that dude from Washington could be a steal. He ran a 4.47 and looks fluid, and strong AF too.

I think Andy could coach him up.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:19 PM   #69
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Man, that dude from Washington could be a steal. He ran a 4.47 and looks fluid, and strong AF too.

I think Andy could coach him up.
https://x.com/pff_college/status/176...271592615?s=46
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2024, 04:42 AM   #70
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
As long as he believes in space, planets, and birds, I think I would take a chance on him.

Some things can be taught and coached, but you are either fast or you are not, and this dude flies for his size. What a match up nightmare Andy could create, and he would be learning from Kelce.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:19 AM   #71
Field General

Quote:
As long as he believes in space, planets, and birds, I think I would take a chance on him..
Sounds like he may have came from the same planet as Sammy Watkins, sign him up!
farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:29 PM   #72
MVP

NFL.com has Sinnott > Sanders in the 2nd in their recent 4 round mock.

Interesting.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-02-2024, 02:30 PM   #73
Andy Reid Supporter

I’m not a local homer here with this take….I really like Sinnott. He’s the closest thing to La Porta that I see. He’s just so damn explosive and does really well in the middle of the field.

I think he’d be a perfect fit here
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:05 PM   #74
Veteran

Anyone watch TCU? What about Jared Wiley late?

https://youtu.be/JrpGt6oZvFA?si=eTsORlI7J6mwSBL9

6’ 6’’
WEIGHT
249 lbs
ARM
33 1/4’’
HAND
9 1/2’’
Prospect Grade
Average Backup Or Special-Teamer

Good
View All Prospects

Score Breakdown

Production Score
2024 Combine TE Rank: 9th
Athleticism Score *est
2024 Combine TE Rank: 7th
Total Score
2024 Combine TE Rank: 7th

Combine Results
u-unofficial
40-Yard Dash
Seconds
10-Yard Split
Seconds
Vertical Jump
37’’
Broad Jump
9’ 10’’
3-Cone Drill
Seconds
20-Yd Shuttle
--
Bench Press
--

Analysis
By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Overview
Tall, long-armed tight end who flashes the potential to line up in-line or as a move tight end. Wiley would benefit from better strength in his lower half to help sustain blocks, but his technique is generally good. He has the stride length to pick up speed in the seam and across the hashes on intermediate throws. The short-area foot quickness is very average and he’s an average separator underneath. Wiley’s catch talent and ability to fight through contact are big check marks in his favor. He has the versatility and potential to compete for a role as a TE3.
Strengths
Uses height and length to play over the rim.
Willing to get physical at the top of the route.
Rarely has a focus drop and uses size to shield catch challengers.
Hands-catcher with consistent extension to snare it away from his frame.
Gets into base blocks with inside hands and proper posture.
Uses footwork and feel for angles to seal blocks.
Weaknesses
Lacks desired footwork to get in and out of breaks cleanly.
Will sit and wait rather than working back to the throw.
Needs to make earlier adjustments to bring in off-target throws.
Doesn’t break enough tackles on his run-after-catch.
Inconsistent physicality to handle lead-blocking asks.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:30 AM   #75
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.