Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-16-2020, 09:14 AM  
How tall is this thing?

Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes

This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.

Last edited by Wallcrawler; 01-16-2020 at 10:50 AM..
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #166
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

It's funny that he scored lower on passing accuracy than the non-quarterbacks who were playing.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:17 PM   #167
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
It would be hilarious if Mahomes said, hey, I don't have to be the highest paid QB in the league. Give me $25 million per year and use that extra $15 million to build a better team around me. Prescott and Watson would be screwed, and the Chiefs would be setup beautifully. Of course that's not going to happen. But it would be great if it did.
If he did that, he should demand (in the contract) that the $15-20M of “savings” be spent on quality offensive linemen. I think if you give him an incredible OL, the offense will be unstoppable.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:23 PM   #168
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
If he did that, he should demand (in the contract) that the $15-20M of “savings” be spent on quality offensive linemen. I think if you give him an incredible OL, the offense will be unstoppable.
I agree
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:27 PM   #169
In Search of a Life

I dont get this mentality of "lets bash every other QB whos not Mahomes" ?

LJ isnt Mahomes, but hes an exciting young talent that deserves praise as well.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 8     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:44 PM   #170
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

In the "beat a defensive back" competition, quarterbacks are supposed to throw the ball past defensive backs into a group of small to large holes on a 10' x 15' wall, from a distance of perhaps 20 yards. Four of Jackson's first six throws missed the wall entirely.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:46 PM   #171
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post

It's just hard to watch non-Mahomian quarterbacks now that we know what a real quarterback is.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:56 PM   #172
MVP

Quote:

He's fun to watch. Seems like a nice guy too.

I don't have a problem with him, but I do have a problem with anyone in the media who wants to say he's "the same" as Mahomes. This statement applies with Deshaun Watson too. Lot of very lazy people in the media. All 3 of these guys are damn good football players, but one of them is a phenomenal passer and the others are not.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:00 PM   #173
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Says the guy that is constantly making threads/posts about those other QB’s and making comparisons to Mahomes.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:06 PM   #174
Starter

Yes that is obvious to everybody. I think Lamar Jackson is now in the stage of beginning to be figured out. Obviously the Titans did a good job. That's the blueprint. Get ahead, get them down, run the heck out of the ball and make him throw to come back. I don't think he can do it. He is more of a running QB. In their 14 - 2 they were very often ahead. They got big leads and ran that read option.

With Mahomes there really isn't much to figure out. Just enormous talent there. Can throw darts from inside the pocket, outside the pocket, can scramble and buy time, scramble for yardage, plenty big and strong enough, rocket arm, extremely accurate, reads the field well, makes good decisions. He's just excellent. Anybody who watches the game can see he is better than Lamar Jackson. Lamar is RG3. Eventually RG3 got figured out and also took too many hits and got injured. You are going to see the same progression with Lamar Jackson.
SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.SanDiego49er < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:28 PM   #175
MVP

I think Patrick Mahomes is so gifted that if he is the QB of your team, you should not waste time with threads hating on other gifted players.

I think leading the league with 36 TDs with only 6 INTs and setting an NFL record for rushing yards by a QB is more material to evaluating Lamar Jackson than a gimmick skills contest.

The gimmick skills contest is like a pro day. Lamar Jackson did not ace his pro day, Mitch Trubisky and Josh Rosen aced their pro days. BFD
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:46 PM   #176
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

Lamar Jackson should be converted to WR. Bill Polian had it right all along.

He's one of the 5 worst throwing quarterbacks in the sport. If I needed someone to make an accurate pass with my life in the line of COURSE I'd skip Jackson and take Ma......tt Moore.

Or Henne. Or Chase Daniel. Or another dozen backups in this league and evidently at least two wide receivers.

I don't need to shit on Lamar Jackson to build up Mahomes any more than I need to shit on Todd Blackledge to support Len Dawson or you to prove how awesome Rainman is. Rivals need to be in the same general tier of each other and these guys shouldn't even be playing the same position.

Lamar Jackson sucks and will never win shit in this league.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:51 PM   #177
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
I think Patrick Mahomes is so gifted that if he is the QB of your team, you should not waste time with threads hating on other gifted players.

I think leading the league with 36 TDs with only 6 INTs and setting an NFL record for rushing yards by a QB is more material to evaluating Lamar Jackson than a gimmick skills contest.

The gimmick skills contest is like a pro day. Lamar Jackson did not ace his pro day, Mitch Trubisky and Josh Rosen aced their pro days. BFD
I can't imagine anything more material than playoff performance. Lamar has a long way to go in that regard. The gimmick skills contest shows part of the reason he is struggling in playoff games.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:58 PM   #178
testing ... 1, 2, 3

I'm not sure he should have competed in the Precision Passing Contest. It isn't fair to embarrass him like that. Precision Passing isn't his game.

In Mexico, they don't allow you to match your fighting squirrel against a pit bull. Even the most fierce and savage of fighting squirrels aren't ready for that level of competition. And if it's good enough for Mexico, it should be good enough for the Pro Bowl.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:00 PM   #179
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Some of you guys don't realize you're just like those smarmy ****s in New England that we ****ing hate.

We've got the best QB in the league. Other QBs are going to be compared to him. The league is allowed to have great players not named Patrick Mahomes.
This thread is as smarmy as I've ever seen. As a Patriots fan, if this is how we sound then I apologize with all my heart because this thread is ridiculous. Yes Mahomes is great, best player in the league IMO. Russell Wilson is right behind him. Lamar is one dimensional but is clearly this years MVP. When Mahomes gets paid 40mil per year it will be interesting to see how good the the Chiefs will be - some weapons on both sides of the ball just can't be paid like they can now.
CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:10 PM   #180
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedTrump View Post
This thread is as smarmy as I've ever seen. As a Patriots fan, if this is how we sound then I apologize with all my heart because this thread is ridiculous. Yes Mahomes is great, best player in the league IMO. Russell Wilson is right behind him. Lamar is one dimensional but is clearly this years MVP. When Mahomes gets paid 40mil per year it will be interesting to see how good the the Chiefs will be - some weapons on both sides of the ball just can't be paid like they can now.
Good thing for him the KC front office seems pretty good at finding weapons in the draft. They will keep paying Tyreek and Kelce. The others can come and go. What helps is that tight ends are seriously undervalued for some reason. Gronk was the top end of the market around $10M. That's a joke when Julio Jones is at $22M.