Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-23-2020, 09:47 AM  
Veteran

Oops! Why Tyrod Taylor didn’t play

This is embarrassing. Wonder if LAC gets a new doctor.

frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #46
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
This is what it boils down to, really. Same thing with Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson. People just want to be right about their college evaluations.
Lol no.

It’s not about being right about my evaluation. It’s about trusting it over one game.

I was right in the end about Baker, so what does that say?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #47
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post

And then it just never materializes beyond that. It's just simple math.
Recent history suggests otherwise.

Josh Allen
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson
Lamar Jackson
Carson Wentz
Kyler Murray

Joe Burrow looks pretty good through two games.

And to be fair to Mayfield and Darnold, those guys play for franchises that are historical trainwrecks.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #48
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
How could you possibly know anything about the future after one ****ing game? A game which he pretty much lost by throwing an ill-advised pass over the middle, across his body?
This.

One game is just .... one game. It takes time to qualify as the face of the franchise.

But I will add that he very possibly gives them more upside that Taylor does, but again, it's just 1 game.

Many people and pundits were claiming the same about Mahomes after 1 game, but he had to do it game after game to prove he was the real deal. Once he became so automatic, it made the the people that claimed he was so awesome feel awesome.

We all felt Pat was going to be special, but it took time to prove it.
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #49
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
You're looking for reasons to be pessimistic because they're a division rival.

He played within the confines of his offense, so the "Dink and dunk" argument is moot.

He was very accurate actually.

He displayed good arm strength, excellent athleticism and he was poised through the entire game aside from one boneheaded play that did in fact look open for a second there.

He displayed all of the qualities you could reasonably expect to see from a 1st time starter that had no game preparation. He displayed that all of the tools are in fact there, and with experience and refinement at the very least he should be a good starter.

And lets not act like we weren't here proclaiming Pat's greatness after his no-TD performance against the Broncos. That's quit the double standard.
Oh FFS. He missed on many throws. Some of the completions, the placement gave his receiver no shot to create YAC.

This isn’t like Mahomes because Herbert did literally nothing eye popping. It was your typical shit — Mahomes made 5+ plays in his debut that dropped your jaw.

The kid might be alright but it’s far from a sure thing.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #50
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
This is what it boils down to, really. Same thing with Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson. People just want to be right about their college evaluations.
For me, I never evaluated Herbert coming out. Didn't get a chance to watch him a lot in college.

Let me put it this way:

With Herbert, as it is with all young QB's I see, I want to actually be impressed before I start saying I was impressed.

The guy played a solid game. He wasn't spectacular and outside of one throw, he wasn't even impressive. He was "good".

And then we have to hear the talking heads saying that his back corner throw to a WIDE OPEN WR was so hard, like Herbert is the only rookie that could make that throw. The hyperbole is just silly. Lots of guys in the NFL can make that throw. Doesn't mean they're going to be successful long term.

And that has a lot to do with how I evaluate Watson and Jackson, especially Jackson.

It gets really old listening to how Jackson is the best QB in the NFL when anybody with eyes can clearly see he isn't.

It's unfortunately just a symptom of the world we live in, especially with the media. One is not really allowed to say anything neutral or ambivalent. Everything has to be highly polarized. A guy is going to be great or he's going to be a bust. Nah, I haven't seen anything from Herbert yet that suggests either of those things is true.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:43 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Lol no.

It’s not about being right about my evaluation. It’s about trusting it over one game.

I was right in the end about Baker, so what does that say?
Baker's story hasn't finished being written yet, so don't pound your chest too hard. (especially since most predicted he'd fail)

And again, this isn't about crowning someone, but instead evaluating all we can evaluate, which is 1 game.

That 1 game, was a good 1 game for a rookie's 1st start. So what's the problem?

And yes, you and a lot of CP members do in fact latch onto your pre-draft analysis and it follows you through said players career, which is why so many on this forum can't, or took a long time to, give the credit deserved to Watson and Jackson.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:44 AM   #52
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
It's not about my complaints.

You said he looks promising. I don't agree. I thought he looked like a typical rookie QB that the other team hadn't prepared for. Nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed, well put cuz this is what he was at this point!
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:44 AM   #53
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Baker's story hasn't finished being written yet, so don't pound your chest too hard. (especially since most predicted he'd fail)

And again, this isn't about crowning someone, but instead evaluating all we can evaluate, which is 1 game.

That 1 game, was a good 1 game for a rookie's 1st start. So what's the problem?

And yes, you and a lot of CP members do in fact latch onto your pre-draft analysis and it follows you through said players career, which is why so many on this forum can't, or took a long time to, give the credit deserved to Watson and Jackson.
I liked Watson and Lamar. I drafted Lamar in the CP Mock.

I know you are just going to brush it off, but I’m rarely wrong about QB’s I trust my evaluation.

Sorry, but I’m not going to say anything beyond “he looked good for a rookie making his first start”, because I’m still as skeptical as I was when I watched the tape.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:45 AM   #54
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Recent history suggests otherwise.

Josh Allen
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson
Lamar Jackson
Carson Wentz
Kyler Murray

Joe Burrow looks pretty good through two games.

And to be fair to Mayfield and Darnold, those guys play for franchises that are historical trainwrecks.
Josh Allen? The book is still VERY out on him.

Deshaun Watson is great for stats. Loser mentality. Pouts. Holds onto the ball too long. Definitely not a top tier QB.

Carson Wentz can't even stay on the field.

And for now, I'm just not going to address Lamar Jackson.

Out of that list, Patrick Mahomes is on a HoF trajectory and you simply can't argue otherwise. Kyler Murray looks very promising.

The rest of those guys have HUGE question marks of one kind or another (outside of Jackson, who still has question marks of his own).
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:48 AM   #55
In Search of a Life

And @ Baker’s story not being written yet.

He sucks and if you can’t see it at this point, I don’t know what to tell you.

Darnold is a guy that’s in an awful situation, but Baker has great weapons, a great running game, and a solid OL. He is who he is at this point.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:52 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Oh FFS. He missed on many throws. Some of the completions, the placement gave his receiver no shot to create YAC.

This isn’t like Mahomes because Herbert did literally nothing eye popping. It was your typical shit — Mahomes made 5+ plays in his debut that dropped your jaw.

The kid might be alright but it’s far from a sure thing.
Here's every completion, feel free to show me all these plays where he didn't give his guys a shot to create YAC. Go ahead, chart them out for me.

And yeah, he did have some "wow" throws. The throw to the corner of the end zone was an excellent throw that was on the money, open or not. Shitty QB's miss that throw all the time.

And the throw to (Ekeler?) down the sideline was an excellent throw.

The throw to Keenan Allen, over the defenders arm while getting hit, that wasn't a great throw?

GMAFB.

This is just CP hating on any QB not named Mahomes, like always.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #57

Quote:
Josh Allen? The book is still VERY out on him.

Deshaun Watson is great for stats. Loser mentality. Pouts. Holds onto the ball too long. Definitely not a top tier QB.

Carson Wentz can't even stay on the field.

And for now, I'm just not going to address Lamar Jackson.

Out of that list, Patrick Mahomes is on a HoF trajectory and you simply can't argue otherwise. Kyler Murray looks very promising.

The rest of those guys have HUGE question marks of one kind or another (outside of Jackson, who still has question marks of his own).
So basically every young QB sucks that's not named Mahomes, got it.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #58
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
This is just CP hating on any QB not named Mahomes, like always.
Absolutely wrong.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #59
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
So basically every young QB sucks that's not named Mahomes, got it.
Didn't at all say that. Read it again.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #60
'Tis my eye!

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Zero tolerance at all for reservation or hesitation.

You MUST either hate him or love him. There's no in between.

I'm done arguing about it. I've said all I need to say.