Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM  
Now you've pissed me off!

****Official 2017 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****

Year two of the Barry Odom era begins in a little over a month.

2017 Schedule:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball says 6-6 w/ two SEC wins (SC @ home and @Vandy).

Recruiting:

Bold=Signed LOI

Spoiler!

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 02-07-2018 at 10:01 AM..
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #826
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby View Post
Yup. Long term you won't succeed in the SEC with these kind of recruiting classes. You've beat 2 teams without coaches and a bunch of other rubbish. I'm not trolling and it's nice you don't have to fire your coach this year but long term my opinion of your program hasn't changed.

Missouri succeeded long-term under Pinkel recruiting mostly classes that ranked between 25-45.

They can't recruit in the 60s, but they also aren't going to stay there and only sign 13 players like they currently have committed. They'll move into the 40s on sheer numbers alone.

Odom and his staff have to use this as an opportunity to step up their recruiting, definitely. this gives them something to sell, which he hasn't really had.

But it's worth noting the performance of the freshman and sophomore shows that this staff is good at evaluation. That's critical for a Mizzou coaching staff. Missouri, when it was at its best under Pinkel, was mixing top 25-40 recruiting classes with really good player development and finding under-the-radar players.

Progress on the second half of that is encouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:52 PM   #827
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
I’ve heard a lot of people complain about this. I thought Ware was fine. He was very completely of Mizzou, and he’s got a new Bromance in Albert O. The game was over in the first half, he still had to call another half. What was he supposed to do? Totally ignore Vandy?
Really? That's why he was hoping to God his close play was a fumble when he was clearly down? lol
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:14 PM   #828
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Odom deserves a lot of credit for the turn around. What Mizzou has done is remarkable since they started 1-5. The players could have easily given up on the season and quit on Odom, but they didn't.

I think Odom as a recruiter has a ways to go and you will have a better idea of how good he is once Lock and Beckner leave. Neither of those players were recruited by Odom.

But this stretch, while they've done it, does deserve to be met with some skepticism. They have beaten a team that is moving down from FBS to FCS, a team that brought back a coach from their "glory days" as a program that has not really ever had a lot of success outside of a part of Edsall's first time as HC at UConn at the FBS level(they've been shit since he left and are shit since he's returned), a team that fired its HC before facing Mizzou, and two teams that can win no more than 5 games this season, including a team which might have its first 8 loss season in program history.

While I don't doubt that Mizzou has improved they started 1-5, I do doubt that the improved play will be sustainable long term.
While I get that you want to piss in the punch bowl.....I'm not buying the above. It sounds like the very same explanation that everyone used when MU won the SEC East...."the whole conference is down so your title isn't legit."

BS...you play the schedule you are given each year. Some years are down years for programs and you catch them at the right time, but that doesn't damage the legitimacy of winning. 5 weeks ago no one gave MU a chance of doing anything short of total collapse. Some teams were even counting their game with Mizzou as a "sure win" (see Florida and Tenn for reference) that would make them one step closer to bowl bids.

Well here we are 5 weeks later and not only did MU win 5 in a row, they did it in very convincing fashion...like a winning team is supposed to do. Bowl game scouts look at a couple of things when it comes to picking teams.....who is a "hot team" going down the stretch of this season and which team travels well enough and offers a match up to put butts in the seats.

MU is playing well now and has 2 confirmed bowls looking at them...there are 3 other SEC East teams that will be eligible (GA, SC, and KY) and 2 of those teams are not playing well down the stretch (SC & KY).
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:24 PM   #829
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
While I get that you want to piss in the punch bowl.....I'm not buying the above. It sounds like the very same explanation that everyone used when MU won the SEC East...."the whole conference is down so your title isn't legit."

BS...you play the schedule you are given each year. Some years are down years for programs and you catch them at the right time, but that doesn't damage the legitimacy of winning. 5 weeks ago no one gave MU a chance of doing anything short of total collapse. Some teams were even counting their game with Mizzou as a "sure win" (see Florida and Tenn for reference) that would make them one step closer to bowl bids.

Well here we are 5 weeks later and not only did MU win 5 in a row, they did it in very convincing fashion...like a winning team is supposed to do. Bowl game scouts look at a couple of things when it comes to picking teams.....who is a "hot team" going down the stretch of this season and which team travels well enough and offers a match up to put butts in the seats.

MU is playing well now and has 2 confirmed bowls looking at them...there are 3 other SEC East teams that will be eligible (GA, SC, and KY) and 2 of those teams are not playing well down the stretch (SC & KY).
So, you don't believe that I should be skeptical at Mizzou's performance when they have not beaten a single team with a winning record at all this season?
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:26 PM   #830
In Search of a Life

Quote:
So, you don't believe that I should be skeptical at Mizzou's performance when they have not beaten a single team with a winning record at all this season?
You and others need to just accept things for what they are. They have a mediocre record and they are a mediocre team.

Mediocre teams usually beat shit ones.

Seems to mesh up just right.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:29 PM   #831
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
You and others need to just accept things for what they are. They have a mediocre record and they are a mediocre team.

Mediocre teams usually beat shit ones.

Seems to mesh up just right.
I accept that they are a mediocre team. I don't accept that they are a good team that can sustain this level of play.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #832
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I accept that they are a mediocre team. I don't accept that they are a good team that can sustain this level of play.
Against bad teams? Yeah they can.

If they come up with a not reeruned Defense and can reliably run the ball, I see no reason why they can't be in the mix in a subpar division in 2018.

That's a huge if.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #833
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Against bad teams? Yeah they can.

If they come up with a not reeruned Defense and can reliably run the ball, I see no reason why they can't be in the mix in a subpar division in 2018.

That's a huge if.
Do you think Florida will have improved play next year along with Tennessee? Because I do. If Florida makes the right hire and finally addresses their biggest issue since Tebow graduated-QB- there is no reason why they can't compete with UGA every year in the East.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #834
Inmem 2.0

Looks like Kelly to UF will be a thing.
Interesting to see who Rocky Top gets. Maybe Mullen?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #835
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Do you think Florida will have improved play next year along with Tennessee? Because I do. If Florida makes the right hire and finally addresses their biggest issue since Tebow graduated-QB- there is no reason why they can't compete with UGA every year in the East.
Both teams are a real mess and we don't know if Tenn will actually make an upgrade at HC.

Florida is hot dog shit at QB and until you've got a QB, you ain't got shit. Chip gonna need more than one year to turn it around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby View Post
Looks like Kelly to UF will be a thing.
Interesting to see who Rocky Top gets. Maybe Mullen?
Mullen would be a great hire for Tennessee. I'm not real positive on Chip at UF.

He better have contacts with a world class elite recruiter.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:24 PM   #836
On Hiatus

Quote:
Not even Florida fans think things will right themselves by next .....and TN always manages to under-achieve.

And yes you can be skeptical if you apply that same theory to all Division 1 FBS teams....any game they play against a crappier team doesn't count toward their record.

Mizzou is like Bryan Busby said...Mizzou is a mediocre team...but that is a helluva lot better than what we were seeing at the beginning of the year.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #837
Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like bad news for Kentucky then if you ask me.
NWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #838
Now you've pissed me off!

Mediocre teams don't beat five straight bad teams by 28-47 points.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #839
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
Really? That's why he was hoping to God his close play was a fumble when he was clearly down? lol
I guess I just choose not get butthurt over what the broadcast teams says.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #840
I’m a Mahomo!

KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.