Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2005, 07:24 AM  
CHANGEd your mind yet????

25 Years: we miss you, John

I can't believe it's been 25 years since John Lennon was murdered. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I think it was my generation's 'Kennedy' moment. I couldn't listen to his song 'Happy Christmas' for many years without breaking into tears...

Makes you wonder what kind of impact he would have had on music and on his world...

to his life!
memyselfI has disabled reputation
Old 12-08-2005, 10:24 AM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger

I hate to tell you this, but the peace movement was incredibly trendy.
Some try to practice it, others think it's trendy.
BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #62
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
Some try to practice it, others think it's trendy.
And some do it just to try to get some free love.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:29 AM   #63
When a nightmare becomes real

Quote:
As always, I amazed that some peoples' lives are 'influenced' by musicians. I can, and do, enjoy music, but beyond that I can't say that ANY musician has 'influenced' my life in any capacity other than simply enjoying their music.
Same here. I listen to and enjoy many types of music, but no musician has ever "influenced my life."

I am around college kids alot and I hear alot of talk about Dave Matthews Band, and how he has inspired them, influenced them, blah blah blah. Just not my bag, I guess.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:31 AM   #64
Veteran

Quote:
He was a gifted musician.

I enjoyed/enjoy his music.

It is a shame that that music was silenced by a nut job.

Beyond that, he had zero influence upon me. If he did you, fine.

I hate to tell you this, but the peace movement was incredibly trendy.

War is apparently "en vogue" now.
Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #65
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Same here. I listen to and enjoy many types of music, but no musician has ever "influenced my life."

I am around college kids alot and I hear alot of talk about Dave Matthews Band, and how he has inspired them, influenced them, blah blah blah. Just not my bag, I guess.
One would think the college students would have gathered their influences elsewhere, after all they're already adults.

But in a situation like mine, where Lennon (among others) was a big part of my FORMATIVE years, how can you deny "influence"?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
You either understand it or you don't. Lennon is/was a legend. He DID INFLUENCE people through his songs and his ACTIONS. He didn't just sit on his ass and think about making the world a better place, he actually did something about it. Right, wrong, or indifferent on his world views is irrelevant to the point. The point is the man made a DIFFERENCE in many, many lives. He stood up for what he believes in...peace and you called him "trendy" for it. Since when was peace "trendy"?
Exactly, he was but one musician/songwriter/ACTIVIST who influenced people's lives if they chose and in ways they chose.

I think it's asisinine to pretend that artists, be they musician, poets, philosophers, or painters, don't influence lives. They do whether you realize it or not. They influence and affect society. If you are a member of society, you are influenced.

In Lennon's case, his peace activism certainly motivated many who shared similiar inclinations to become the same. Likewise, it could have motivated those who are against peace activism to be more active in their beliefs and causes...

Lennon's music,as a member of the Beatles, inspired or at least introduced untold numbers of listeners and fellow musicians to a new genre of music and a new genre of musicians.

Again, you can pretend you are above being influenced by artists in society but as long as you live in a commericalized culture you are. Check that, even before cultures became so commericalized they've been influenced by artists...since the beginning of time.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita
!!!Quality.
BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #68
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita
Having 3000 civilians killed tends to make that an inevitability.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #69
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe
One would think the college students would have gathered their influences elsewhere, after all they're already adults.

But in a situation like mine, where Lennon (among others) was a big part of my FORMATIVE years, how can you deny "influence"?
You made a good point. I should have prefaced my statement with "adults." Sure, young kids are easily influenced. Hell, I wanted to be Skeletor when I was young.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #70

Quote:
DC forum or else.

I'm not gonna **** with you today, got it?
Please don't give some trolls the satisfaction of hi-jacking this thread and making it a political one just because of who is the thread starter.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #71
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfI
Exactly, he was but one musician/songwriter/ACTIVIST who influenced people's lives if they chose and in ways they chose.

I think it's asisinine to pretend that artists, be they musician, poets, philosophers, or painters, don't influence lives. They do whether you realize it or not. They influence and affect society. If you are a member of society, you are influenced.

In Lennon's case, his peace activism certainly motivated many who shared similiar inclinations to become the same. Likewise, it could have motivated those who are against peace activism to be more active in their beliefs and causes...

Lennon's music,as a member of the Beatles, inspired or at least introduced untold numbers of listeners and fellow musicians to a new genre of music and a new genre of musicians.

Again, you can pretend you are above being influenced by artists in society but as long as you live in a commericalized culture you are. Check that, even before cultures became so commericalized they've been influenced by artists...since the beginning of time.
Ugh! I really hate agreeing with Duh-nese.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #72
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfI
Speak for yourself, hippie. Don't presume to speak for me.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #73
Giggitty!

And there are those, that even post on this site (no names needed) who just talk, and do nothing else, PRETENDING to be influenced by him as well.
chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #74
When a nightmare becomes real

Quote:

After reading the rest of these posts, it got me thinking about levels of influence. I guess musicians have influenced my life, but not to the point where I can really tell now, or think back and remember any musicians who may have at some part of my life.

Kurt Cobain comes to mind.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #75
Veteran

Quote:
Having 3000 civilians killed tends to make that an inevitability.
Please don't be one of the fools who thinks Iraq had anything to do with 9-11.
Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.