Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:31 PM   #4486
MVP

So some of you actually think this team could be decent next year?
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #4487
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
So some of you actually think this team could be decent next year?
I think with a little cleaning up they could duplicate what they did the 2nd half of this season.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #4488
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
I think with a little cleaning up they could duplicate what they did the 2nd half of this season.
Which is what, maybe 70-75 wins over a full season? That's better than this year, but I'm not sure it's sustainable until another wave arrives. I think Duncan made the comparison to the Twins a couple of years ago when they played out of their minds for a season but returned to mediocrity soon after. I guess if it keeps the fans interested and brings in more money for the team it's a good thing.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #4489
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Which is what, maybe 70-75 wins over a full season? That's better than this year, but I'm not sure it's sustainable until another wave arrives. I think Duncan made the comparison to the Twins a couple of years ago when they played out of their minds for a season but returned to mediocrity soon after. I guess if it keeps the fans interested and brings in more money for the team it's a good thing.
Just depends on what they do pitching wise next year. I don't see scoring being a big problem.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:48 PM   #4490
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
O’Hearn with another moonshot last night. Absolutely possessed since being called up. Between him, Keller, and Mondesi, its been fun.
He cost us some late-inning runs because of an error, but I was glad to read in The Athletic this morning that the error bothered him and that he took responsibility for it. Ned and Dayton are good about letting the players play and make mistakes that they can learn from. I think we could win about 80 games next year, if we get a little bit lucky with our pitching staff. O'Hearn looks to me like he could put up a good OPS in the majors, but we still need to see what happens after a few more months, when we see how he responds to how the league responds to him.
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #4491
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Or the A's!
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #4492
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

My 2019 lineup looks like this to start:

2B/UTIL - Merrifield
SS - Mondesi
RF - Soler
1B - O’Hearn
C - Perez
LF - Gordon
DH - Bonifacio (or Soler)
3B - Dozier
CF - Phillips

Those are the young guys I want to see primarily to start the year. Need to see a lot of Phillips and O’Hearn. Also want to see Schwindel get some DH ABs if Bonifacio is just OKish again.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #4493
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Tough pill to swallow but unlike the past few years they are doing the right thing. It's too bad DM had to sign guys like Jay, Duda, and Moose though. Totally pointless

Lol. Just posted and got taken back to the first page, where I saw this gem.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:40 PM   #4494
MVP

Seems like they could be respectable if they add a solid starting pitcher and a reliever or two.

What's the plan for Goodwin? No one seems to talk about him.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:53 PM   #4495
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
My 2019 lineup looks like this to start:

2B/UTIL - Merrifield
SS - Mondesi
RF - Soler
1B - O’Hearn
C - Perez
LF - Gordon
DH - Bonifacio (or Soler)
3B - Dozier
CF - Phillips

Those are the young guys I want to see primarily to start the year. Need to see a lot of Phillips and O’Hearn. Also want to see Schwindel get some DH ABs if Bonifacio is just OKish again.
Are you officially off the Cuthbert train? I wish we just could give him one season of AB's while we were rebuilding.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #4496
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
Seems like they could be respectable if they add a solid starting pitcher and a reliever or two.

What's the plan for Goodwin? No one seems to talk about him.

Dick Lovelady is pretty good.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #4497
Damnit Peg

Another extra innings loss...
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:47 PM   #4498
World's Best Boss

I just realized that not only is Manaea missing the rest of 2018, but that there's a good chance he may miss 2019 as well.

I've hassled Moore about trading Manaea over Almonte, but KC's scouting on Manaea's health has been pretty dead on.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #4499
Rabbi Goldmann

Ned: we couldn't PR for Salvy because all we had on bench was phillips

Ned five seconds later: we talked about it, if Salvy was the lead runner we would've PR Phillips

WTF?
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #4500
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I just realized that not only is Manaea missing the rest of 2018, but that there's a good chance he may miss 2019 as well.

I've hassled Moore about trading Manaea over Almonte, but KC's scouting on Manaea's health has been pretty dead on.
As good as they were on scouting Manaeas health they were just as bad as scouting/developing Almonte.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.