Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?

Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2024 at 06:21 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 11:25 AM   #136
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 493rd View Post
I think we trade up and nab a WR. Bills are targeting one also, so it would be immensely satisfying to jump in front of them and take their guy.
Hell or high water for Brian Thomas Jr for them. Would be hilarious to jump into the teens to get him.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-20-2024, 11:40 AM   #137
In Search of a Life

Here is my mock draft trading up in the first and then some other trades.

16.Troy Fautanu
OT Washington

66. Michael Hall Jr.
DT Ohio State

88. Jalen McMillan
WR Washington

159. Zak Zinter
OG Michigan

173.Tip Reiman
TE Illinois

221. Dominique Hampton
S Washington
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:56 PM   #138
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post

16.Troy Fautanu
OT Washington

66. Michael Hall Jr.
DT Ohio State

88. Jalen McMillan
WR Washington

159. Zak Zinter
OG Michigan

173.Tip Reiman
TE Illinois

221. Dominique Hampton
S Washington

Thanks, I hate this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-20-2024, 01:58 PM   #139
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
Thanks, I hate this.

Nothing flashy, but damn the Chiefs would be set up pretty well along both the lines.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:05 PM   #140
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
Never watched kstate in my life.

But i know alot of people were saying the same shit about Laporta last year. They were wrong.

Sinnott is going to be real good.

If you've never watched K-State I have no idea how you can draw that conclusion.

Sinnott is going to be an afterthought.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:25 PM   #141
bite me

I'm not knowledgeable enough on the players to pick a specific player but the WR class is deep this year so if we trade up it will be for an OT and if we stay put it will be for a WR.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:42 PM   #142
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
1. Georgia is a run first team. All of their talented WRs over the year have struggled to produce, including George Pickens. McConkey was more productive than any of them.

2. McConkey has been productive when healthy and on the field. He had almost 800 yards and 7 TDs 2 years ago. Bowers is arguably the GOAT college TE, so not being as productive as him isn't the knock you think it is.

3. When you look at stuff like yards per route run, the production is fine compared to his peers, and the bigger issue has been health and opportunities in that offense.

4. Production is just one part of the equation. Put on the tape and watch how easy the guy got separation in the ****ing SEC. Then watch him pull away from those guys and show off that sub 4.4 speed with the ball in his hands in the open field.

5. Go back and watch him absolutely destroy dudes at the Senior Bowl practices. Nobody could cover him, even projected top 20 pick Quinton Mitchell.

6. Look at this athletic/size profile and see how comparable he is to guys like Garret Wilson and Chris Olave. This isn't your typical smaller white WR, hence why "jag" is a lazy analysis.
A lot of what you've listed here and previously were supposedly Skyy Moore's attributes.

In McConkey's best ever season as a WR where he clearly was the WR1 he had just 250 more receiving yards than the ****ing running back (who can't get a game for the Seahawks). You can talk all you want about separation etc but I've heard it all before with our other shitty WRs who apparently get separation but Mahomes needs to be better. If he was first round pick worthy he would have been a much more important piece to that offense. I also don't care how good Bowers is..our 1st round WR will be going to a team with the GOAT tight end and there still should be the expectation that they should outperform him in yardage in their 2nd year, like Tyreek did. If he's second fiddle to a college tight end then he's going to be second fiddle to ours and that's not good enough.

Last edited by Womble; 04-20-2024 at 02:50 PM..
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:50 PM   #143
MVP

JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:50 PM   #144
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
A lot of what you've listed were supposedly Skyy Moore's attributes.

In McConkey's best ever season as a WR where he clearly was the WR1 he had just 250 more receiving yards than the ****ing running back. You can talk all you want about separation etc but I've heard it all before with our other shitty WRs who apparently get separation but Mahomes needs to be better. If he was first round pick worthy he would have been a much more important piece to that offense. I also don't care how good Bowers is..our 1st round WR will be going to a team with the GOAT tight end and there still should be the expectation that they should outperform him in yardage in their 2nd year, like Tyreek did. If he's second fiddle to a college tight end then he's going to be second fiddle to ours and that's not good enough.
When you frame it like this, it sounds a lot worse than what it was in reality. As I said, damn near 800 yards and 7 TDs. That's a productive season as a Georgia WR in that offense. It's almost as if you're being completely disingenuous.

I knew the Skyy Moore comparison would come at some point too. A tell tale sign of somebody that is taking anybody remotely similar (surface level) and putting them in that box. It's lazy.

There's very little comaprison between the two, even removing hindsight with Skyy. The tape is put there. Like I said, he got separation with ease in the SEC and at the Senior Bowl. You are simply looking at him as a white small WR, looking at his stats, and that's it.

We'll jsut have to agree to disagree though because you clearly have your mind made up, and I jsut made several points that you completely ignored. You really didn't address anything, so what's the point?

Last edited by staylor26; 04-20-2024 at 02:57 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:54 PM   #145
Veteran

Quote:
When you frame it like this, it sounds a lot worse than what it was in reality. As I said, damn near 800 yards and 7 TDs. That's a productive season as a Georgia WR in that offense. It's almost as if you're being completely disingenuous.

I knew the Skyy Moore comparison would come at some point too. A tell tale sign of somebody that is just looking at stats and hasn't really done their homework.

There's very little comaprison between the two, even removing hindsight with Skyy. The tape is put there. Like I said, he got separation with ease in the SEC and at the Senior Bowl. You are simply looking at him as a white small WR, looking at his stats, and that's it.
800 yards is NOT impressive in the best team in college football dude. Legette got 500 yards more playing against the same opposition in the same league for an inferior team. Legette is also a far better deep threat than McConkey, which is an area that we need to improve on with MVS going and all the sounds around how we are going to utilise Hollywood Brown.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:56 PM   #146
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
The more mocks I do Mims seems to be going in the ballpark of 20-26. NFC teams own the 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th picks which is good news. I think pick 22 or 23 is where Veach is trying to get.
I’d be pretty surprised if they move up for Mims. Only like 10 total starts in college and all at RT.

He may have the skill set to play LT, but that’s a ton of risk.

He specifically mentioned in the presser getting Clark involved last year in an effort to move way up and that nobody was willing to trade with him without a “big tax” and specifically says he could see himself moving into the top 10 specifically for a OT.

Honestly, after watching the presser it seems he’s loaded for bear and seems to think he will be able to move up.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:04 PM   #147
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
800 yards is NOT impressive in the best team in college football dude. Legette got 500 yards more playing against the same opposition in the same league for an inferior team. Legette is also a far better deep threat than McConkey, which is an area that we need to improve on with MVS going and all the sounds around how we are going to utilise Hollywood Brown.
What did George Pickens have at Georgia?

Adonai Mitchell?

Jermaine Burton?

800 yards at Georgia is a productive season. They aren't the "best team in football" because they're out there slinging it on Saturday's. You understand that, right? Not to mention, their QB play is average at best.

It's so obvious that you have never watched the guy play, and are simply looking at stats with zero context/nuance whatsoever.

Also, to be so focused on production, while simultaneously bringing up Legette as a better alternative is laughable. You're talking about a guy that did absolutely nothing for 4 years, then had a monster 5th year at 23 years old. And I actually like Legette.

Legette was at the same Senior Bowl that McConkey dominated. Not a single person can watch both guys that week and come away thinking Legette is the better player. They went against the same exact DBs, and McConkey was the guy that nobody could cover, not even a projected top 20 pick.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:09 PM   #148
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
I’d be pretty surprised if they move up for Mims. Only like 10 total starts in college and all at RT.

He may have the skill set to play LT, but that’s a ton of risk.

He specifically mentioned in the presser getting Clark involved last year in an effort to move way up and that nobody was willing to trade with him without a “big tax” and specifically says he could see himself moving into the top 10 specifically for a OT.

Honestly, after watching the presser it seems he’s loaded for bear and seems to think he will be able to move up.
Im all for moving up. Not so sure Im okay jumping from 32 to top ten though for anything other than a franchise QB. To jump 32 to top ten you are likely looking at our 2024 1st, 2024 2nd, 2025 1st. That is a ton of draft capital. Better damn well be Jonthan Ogden you are going to get.

When we jumped 28 to 10 to grab Mahomes it was two 1sts and a 3rd. That is when teams werent 100% we are picking 30 or later every single year.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:26 PM   #149
Veteran

Quote:
What did George Pickens have at Georgia?

Adonai Mitchell?

Jermaine Burton?

800 yards at Georgia is a productive season. They aren't the "best team in football" because they're out there slinging it on Saturday's. You understand that, right? Not to mention, their QB play is average at best.

It's so obvious that you have never watched the guy play, and are simply looking at stats with zero context/nuance whatsoever.

Also, to be so focused on production, while simultaneously bringing up Legette as a better alternative is laughable. You're talking about a guy that did absolutely nothing for 4 years, then had a monster 5th year at 23 years old. And I actually like Legette.

Legette was at the same Senior Bowl that McConkey dominated. Not a single person can watch both guys that week and come away thinking Legette is the better player. They went against the same exact DBs, and McConkey was the guy that nobody could cover, not even a projected top 20 pick.
Shut the **** up homer. Perhaps I'm focused on production because it's actually the be all and end all for WRs. Listen, if we're drafting Ladd McConkey in the third round after getting a guy like Legette in a previous round then I'd be okay with it. But to spend our first round pick on a guy with borderline JAG college production to join a team that suffered through last year due to having JAG production WRs like Moore you homered on ain't a good thing. I'd rather get a guy in who can own a specific WR role than a JAG of all traits kinda guy.

Talk down all you want to me boy. You full on homered a guy who is perhaps the worst WR I have ever seen in the NFL. Your opinion means shit to me.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:59 PM   #150
GDT Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post

16.Troy Fautanu
OT Washington

66. Michael Hall Jr.
DT Ohio State

88. Jalen McMillan
WR Washington

159. Zak Zinter
OG Michigan

173.Tip Reiman
TE Illinois

221. Dominique Hampton
S Washington
You’re wrong. Oh, and you owe me $100 once RR is suspended 5 games.
493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.