Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 AM  
Chiefs

Spagnuolo hired as DC

Last edited by ShowtimeSBMVP; 01-24-2019 at 04:34 PM..
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #766
Stay positive, don't give up

@MySportsUpdate: #Cowboys defensive play-caller Kris Richard says he will remain on the #Cowboys coaching staff next season. He took three head-coaching interviews during this year's cycle [MIA, NYJ, TB].
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:00 AM   #767
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
@MySportsUpdate: #Cowboys defensive play-caller Kris Richard says he will remain on the #Cowboys coaching staff next season. He took three head-coaching interviews during this year's cycle [MIA, NYJ, TB].
It was obvious from day one that he wasn't going to be the DC here.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-24-2019, 11:21 AM   #768
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Scheme isn't going to matter unless the new DC can get these ****s to tackle and actually do the job that each is assigned.
Exactly, that’s why I said scheme/coaching.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:21 AM   #769
Colorado Chief Fan

The longer this goes, the less I think its going to be Spags.
This is a huge hire and I hope they look at ALL options. Get it right, get a staff in place that like the offensive side has people in line for promotions.

I do like the idea of switching to a 4-3 base but like many people have said, most of the time Ds arent running out of their base D anyway.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #770
MVP

Quote:
Practice round for the real interviews next year.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #771
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
Practice round for the real interviews next year.
Why wouldn't he just take a DC job on a playoff team like the Chiefs.

I'd go after him.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #772
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post

I'd go after him.
1. The Cowboys can block the interview.
2. Why the **** would he? He knows the players in Dallas and he knows what he has. Yeah, you can sit here and claim that everyone wants to jump in with Mahomes....but why would you take a lateral movement where you don't know what you have or what you're going to have for the upcoming season. Plus the transition from the 3-4 to the 4-3 is going to take a little bit of time.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:42 AM   #773
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
This is a huge hire and I hope they look at ALL options. Get it right, get a staff in place that like the offensive side has people in line for promotions.

I do like the idea of switching to a 4-3 base but like many people have said, most of the time Ds arent running out of their base D anyway.
Yeah, but - as I understand it, and someone correct me - the coverage packages affect number of LB to DB. If you're a base 3-4 front you might go to a 3-3-5 for nickel or 3-2-6 for dime.

In a 4-3, that becomes a 4-2-5.

So, your down linemen don't change, and because your pass rushers on the edge aren't affected by the coverage change, their job remains consistent.

Additionally, your base front is going to greatly affect the job description of your down linemen, who can be there to occupy blockers for the four playmakers in your linebacking unit, or they can penetrate and disrupt, because there is another DL there to maintain gap integrity.

But don't take my word for it. This is a lot of me regurgitating what I've read/heard a lot of other - more knowledgeable posters saying.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #774
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post

I'd go after him.
Cowboys were in the playoffs... I don't understand.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:47 AM   #775
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
Yeah, but - as I understand it, and someone correct me - the coverage packages affect number of LB to DB. If you're a base 3-4 front you might go to a 3-3-5 for nickel or 3-2-6 for dime.

In a 4-3, that becomes a 4-2-5.

So, your down linemen don't change, and because your pass rushers on the edge aren't affected by the coverage change, their job remains consistent.

Additionally, your base front is going to greatly affect the job description of your down linemen, who can be there to occupy blockers for the four playmakers in your linebacking unit, or they can penetrate and disrupt, because there is another DL there to maintain gap integrity.

But don't take my word for it. This is a lot of me regurgitating what I've read/heard a lot of other - more knowledgeable posters saying.
I'm not old enough to remember the schemes or the games, but can you or somebody else explain or tell me about Marty's defenses with DT that used him in the "Falcon" position? Was that a 3-4 with DT as nearly a fully dedicated pass rusher (essentially making 4 down linemen)? Or were they a 4-3 and essentially had 5 down linemen where DT blitzed nearly every play?
bowener has disabled reputation

Old 01-24-2019, 11:48 AM   #776
Plays to win the game!

Richard has probably been given some sort of wink wink nudge nudge like McDaniels in NE. That if Jason Garrett doesn't produce, then Jerry will hire within to keep comradery.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:55 AM   #777
Please squeeze

Quote:

That makes me sad. oh well
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:22 PM   #778
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
If those are the two choices, I'm going with Spags. I base that on nothing else than how Andy devotes his time to Mahomes when the defense is on the field, and Spags has been a HC and can effectively manage the defense without Andy standing over his shoulder.
Mike Smith only scares me because he's spent most of his time in the Ryan scheme. He's young enough that he may not necessarily be married to a scheme. But if we're going young I'd rather go with someone who's experienced in a scheme thats working. An option I hadn't considered is hiring spagnuolo and using Mike Smith as a senior assistant. If we hire spagnuolo, I want him with a right hand man who can keep him somewhat in check and pushes him to innovate.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:24 PM   #779
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post

I agree.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:31 PM   #780
Most Valuable Villain

If I had to guess.....it’s going to be Mike Smith. We’ll stay with 3-4 and have another defensive draft. They’ll preach that the defense just needs experience and how all of the players like Smith.

Closed Thread