Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 AM  
Chiefs

Spagnuolo hired as DC

Last edited by ShowtimeSBMVP; 01-24-2019 at 04:34 PM..
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #166
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Doesn't inspire confidence. Don't know what to think.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #167
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Very few of them - no question.

I'm not expecting chicken salad from chicken shit here. But what I'm hoping for is a marginal step up on the talent. He's not going to have 'great players' on balance - he's gonna have a few good ones and he'll have to make due.

But you saw it just as I did - the goddamn Ravens performed so far above their true talent that it was ridiculous. That defense has some solid players, to be sure, but that's not why they were such an excellent unit. They were an excellent unit because they were versatile and played smart team defense.

Spagnuolo over the last decade has demonstrated a pattern of having just awful defenses with a single exception (that '16 team). Sutton's resume over his time in KC is BETTER than Spags over the same time period and that's just a horrifying thought. My point here isn't that Spags needed to be leading perennial top 5 defenses but rather to point out that his track record over that period is arguably the worst of any coach that has been continually employed in a coordinator or higher capacity over the last decade. The problem isn't that he didn't have great defenses - it's that he routinely produced objectively bad ones.

At that level of suck, the excuses just wash out. Maybe he didn't routinely have excellent players but jesus - I'm not going to just assume he routinely had players that awful either. Over an entire decade.
I don't disagree.

But the Ravens are an interesting example in that their DC was the DC in Denver in 2010 and they were awful. I just don't know how much a DC can do in terms of being so crazy creative without talent.
I think you're also underrating the Ravens talent and I think they're an example of what we need to look at in terms of just having good players everywhere. This great here and shit there approach just doesn't work anymore on defense.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:30 AM   #168
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
His job will be very clear. Find a way to stop all the long clock killing drives that killed us. No one expects dominance but hold teams down forba half would be enough.
Actually, dominance would be nice.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:30 AM   #169
MVP

Spags and Rex Ryan are the two guys I didn't want. This may not be an upgrade at all.
FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #170
Most Valuable Villain

Here's who he had on that 2016 defense that was top 10:

Defensive linemen

96 Jay Bromley DT
95 Johnathan Hankins DT
98 Damon Harrison DT
58 Owa Odighizuwa DE
78 Romeo Okwara DE
90 Jason Pierre-Paul DE
99 Robert Thomas DT
54 Olivier Vernon DE
72 Kerry Wynn DE

Linebackers
52 Jonathan Casillas OLB
93 B. J. Goodson MLB
94 Mark Herzlich OLB
59 Devon Kennard OLB
57 Keenan Robinson OLB
91 Kelvin Sheppard MLB
53 Deontae Skinner OLB
97 Ishaq Williams OLB

Defensive backs

33 Andrew Adams FS
24 Eli Apple CB
29 Nat Berhe FS
21 Landon Collins SS
25 Leon Hall CB
20 Janoris Jenkins CB
37 Eric Pinkins SS
41 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB
30 Coty Sensabaugh CB
31 Trevin Wade CB
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #171
Hockey Town

It's honestly not surprising, with the way Reid basically does nothing with the defense I don't think he was ever going to higher some young coach who'd never done it before.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #172
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
Doesn't inspire confidence. Don't know what to think.
It's the same nepotistic bullshit that kept Smith here for 5 years. I would've thought Reid had learned his lesson with Mahomes but apparently that was just the broken clock being right twice a day.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #173
Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Marty says this is as good as done.
Lol
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #174
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Exactly. Andy wants a guy he ca set and forget. He wants to turn the defense over to someone who will control that side of the club so he can focus on Pat and the offense.

A young, never been before, DC is not that guy.

Spags has been both a DC and a HC, so he knows how to gameplan, prepare his team and control a locker room.

I dont love the hire either, but i get it.
I know this is what the league thinks. I get it.

But young coaches, especially the superstars, those ****ers are grinders man. They are 1,000 mph and they will kill themselves to get a shot at the big chair. They are so often out there providing the energy and the shot in the arm that an organization needs.

If I am looking for a "Head Coach of the Defense" then the EXACT guy I'm looking for is the hungry up and comer that will have the fire and energy and straight up hunger to go put forward the 100 hours that he needs to learn and create.

Not Romeo ****ing Crennel or Gunther or some other recycled old guy who thinks he has the answers already.

There's ample cause to flip that entire paradigm on its head and say that if you're looking for someone to turn the keys over to, the young guy is the way you SHOULD go.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #175
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
Here's who he had on that 2016 defense that was top 10:

Defensive linemen

96 Jay Bromley DT
95 Johnathan Hankins DT
98 Damon Harrison DT
58 Owa Odighizuwa DE
78 Romeo Okwara DE
90 Jason Pierre-Paul DE
99 Robert Thomas DT
54 Olivier Vernon DE
72 Kerry Wynn DE

Linebackers
52 Jonathan Casillas OLB
93 B. J. Goodson MLB
94 Mark Herzlich OLB
59 Devon Kennard OLB
57 Keenan Robinson OLB
91 Kelvin Sheppard MLB
53 Deontae Skinner OLB
97 Ishaq Williams OLB

Defensive backs

33 Andrew Adams FS
24 Eli Apple CB
29 Nat Berhe FS
21 Landon Collins SS
25 Leon Hall CB
20 Janoris Jenkins CB
37 Eric Pinkins SS
41 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB
30 Coty Sensabaugh CB
31 Trevin Wade CB
That's actually, not all that great, so much so the year after the Giants ditched almost all the guys you have bolded.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #176
In Search of a Life

This reeks of a hire who would keep his kid as the DL coach. He and Andy are besties, so no way would he fire junior. God damnit Andy.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #177
WhatUneed2Hear

Good old Andy "keep it in the family" Reid.

I get wanting just an average defense, but the skies the limit here and we're settling for someone who is bottom tier by all measures. I don't understand this mentality Andy can go out and get anyone and is stuck with this decision for a while probably at least in his mind.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #178
In Search of a Life

Some won't like this aspect, but I'm just satisfied they are getting away from the 34. It's just so damn hard to find players for it
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #179
Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

Dude stop with this shit
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #180
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Very few of them - no question.

I'm not expecting chicken salad from chicken shit here. But what I'm hoping for is a marginal step up on the talent. He's not going to have 'great players' on balance - he's gonna have a few good ones and he'll have to make due.

But you saw it just as I did - the goddamn Ravens performed so far above their true talent that it was ridiculous. That defense has some solid players, to be sure, but that's not why they were such an excellent unit. They were an excellent unit because they were versatile and played smart team defense.

Spagnuolo over the last decade has demonstrated a pattern of having just awful defenses with a single exception (that '16 team). Sutton's resume over his time in KC is BETTER than Spags over the same time period and that's just a horrifying thought. My point here isn't that Spags needed to be leading perennial top 5 defenses but rather to point out that his track record over that period is arguably the worst of any coach that has been continually employed in a coordinator or higher capacity over the last decade. The problem isn't that he didn't have great defenses - it's that he routinely produced objectively bad ones.

At that level of suck, the excuses just wash out. Maybe he didn't routinely have excellent players but jesus - I'm not going to just assume he routinely had players that awful either. Over an entire decade.
Spagnuholo.
Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Closed Thread