Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2018, 06:11 AM  
Abolish The Salary Cap!

Chiefs are signing Orlando Scandrick (1-year, $1.5 million)

Last edited by Quesadilla Joe; 08-19-2018 at 06:21 AM..
Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:02 AM   #241
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The problem is that they're not switching to a 4-3. That's even more of a fantasy scenario than trading for Peterson.
And you know why that's the dumbest thing in the world?

EVERY sub package has 4 down lineman.

If you're playing 60% of the game in sub packages that need 4-down lineman and trying to get a pass-rush with those 4 guys, including 2 guys that are going to play a conventional 4-3 DE, why not just run a 4-3 base so you HAVE 2 conventional 4-3 DEs?

Sticking with a 3-4 creates personnel mismatches when you go to your sub packages unless you're going to do shit like run a 3-3-5. And the Steelers have some success doing that with their more exotic blitz packages. It gives them the ability to show a bunch of different looks, especially with their zone blitz schemes.

But man...I just don't see how it makes any sense to run a 3-4 base package and standard 4-2-5 and 4-1-6 sub-packages.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #242
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yeah, for sure, but that's not REALLY that crazy of a development pattern, especially for a guy that's being asked to do so much different.

I think that was the biggest issue with Dorsey, they took a lot of projects that were asked to do a lot that they hadn't done.

When you look at guys that hit early and take off, they're asked to do a lot of similar things they did in college. For some reason, we don't do that on D here.
And when Dorsey left and Veach came in, this didn't appear to change. That's the big problem. You fire a GM and hire another one because something isn't working.

So far, Veach has repeated Dorsey's draft mistakes and honestly, if you look at the Watkins and Hitchens contracts, he hasn't been much better on that front either.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #243
In Search of a Life

Quote:
And when Dorsey left and Veach came in, this didn't appear to change. That's the big problem. You fire a GM and hire another one because something isn't working.

So far, Veach has repeated Dorsey's draft mistakes and honestly, if you look at the Watkins and Hitchens contracts, he hasn't been much better on that front either.
Well, that's the easiest answer. The Dirty little secret is that Andy has a lot more say than people want to think.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:04 AM   #244
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
If pass rush was so important, why did he spend the first two picks on a run stuffer and nickel linebacker?
They drafted Speaks with the mindset that he would replace Dee Ford or Justin Houston in 2019 and provide quality depth this year instead of relying on Frank Zombo.

I like that philosophy, but I was not a big fan of Speaks from the moment we drafted him.

I do like Nnandi. Getting a quality NT/DE with at least some past success as a rusher (high school) in rd 3 is exactly what you want IMO.

O’Daniel and Watts will play soon, but you simply can’t expect a 4th rd pick and the last pick of the 3rd rd to be ready to play immediately. It just won’t happen very often for any team.

It’s not like we were the Broncos and had 2 picks in the top 40 overall. We had to move up to the mid 2nd before to even get one of the talented players left that they thought could get on the field this year.

But again, I’m gong to be honest. Speaks has not looked good. The guy fell on his face on back-to-back plays which is a direct indictment on Veach, especially when he says the guy is never on the ground.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:04 AM   #245
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Well, that's the easiest answer. The Dirty little secret is that Andy has a lot more say than people want to think.
Well yeah, but I don't want to open that can of worms.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #246
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And you know why that's the dumbest thing in the world?

EVERY sub package has 4 down lineman.

If you're playing 60% of the game in sub packages that need 4-down lineman and trying to get a pass-rush with those 4 guys, including 2 guys that are going to play a conventional 4-3 DE, why not just run a 4-3 base so you HAVE 2 conventional 4-3 DEs?

Sticking with a 3-4 creates personnel mismatches when you go to your sub packages unless you're going to do shit like run a 3-3-5. And the Steelers have some success doing that with their more exotic blitz packages. It gives them the ability to show a bunch of different looks, especially with their zone blitz schemes.

But man...I just don't see how it makes any sense to run a 3-4 base package and standard 4-2-5 and 4-1-6 sub-packages.
Yeah, but those 4 DL in those packages are what, 2 actual DL and some of our "OLB"s?

I actually like that in that you can get guys like Ford or Kpass or Houston on a guard or something and just get nuts. Give me big strong athletes up front and I don't give a shit if you run it for 5 or 6 yards on me. That's fine.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #247

Quote:
The track record here under Reid is that even the guys that pan out take a couple to three years to do so. We're JUST NOW getting something out of Dee Ford.

Our windows isn't long enough for that.
Whaaaaaaa?

Our window is literally longer than any team in pro footballs, man. We have the next Rodgers on this squad.

If propping the window open for another 10% over the next 2 years means closing it an additional 5% for the next 5 years - gimme the latter. I want more bites at the apple, not slightly bigger bites for less time.

Football's a weird ass game played in the weather with an oblong ball. You can never truly be sure that 'this is our year'. You're better served building for a 10 year window and with Mahomes in tow, we can do that.

We just need our GM to do a better job of using his capital. If he doesn't, we find a new one. Being the guy that brought in Mahomes gets you a lot of runway, but it doesn't get you an unlimited one.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #248
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
They drafted Speaks with the mindset that he would replace Dee Ford or Justin Houston in 2019 and provide quality depth this year instead of relying on Frank Zombo.

I like that philosophy, but I was not a big fan of Speaks from the moment we drafted him.

I do like Nnandi. Getting a quality NT/DE with at least some past success as a rusher (high school) in rd 3 is exactly what you want IMO.

O’Daniel and Watts will play soon, but you simply can’t expect a 4th rd pick and the last pick of the 3rd rd to be ready to play immediately. It just won’t happen very often for any team.

It’s not like we were the Broncos and had 2 picks in the top 40 overall. We had to move up to the mid 2nd before to even get one of the talented players left that they thought could get on the field this year.

But again, I’m gong to be honest. Speaks has not looked good. The guy fell on his face on back-to-back plays which is a direct indictment on Veach, especially when he says the guy is never on the ground.
It's easy to say that we can't expect 3rd and 4th round picks to play right away but when the vast majority of our 1st and 2nd round don't play right away either, something has to give.

At some point, they have to get some instant return out of the draft, regardless of round, or this defense is not going to improve.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:07 AM   #249
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Well yeah, but I don't want to open that can of worms.
Yeah the "Dorsey was fired for terrible contracts" thing was a terrible excuse. He didnt get fired the same day Reid got extended for no reason. It sucks because Dorsey is a good GM.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:07 AM   #250

Quote:
Yeah, but those 4 DL in those packages are what, 2 actual DL and some of our "OLB"s?

I actually like that in that you can get guys like Ford or Kpass or Houston on a guard or something and just get nuts. Give me big strong athletes up front and I don't give a shit if you run it for 5 or 6 yards on me. That's fine.
Which is why they suck.

We're trying to hammer square pegs into round holes by telling Houston and Ford to get on the edges. We need a goddamn Neil Smith or a Jared Allen on this team if we're going to spend so much time in sub packages.

You aren't gonna get one of those if you remain committed to a 3-4 because you're not even gonna try.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #251
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Whaaaaaaa?

Our window is literally longer than any team in pro footballs, man. We have the next Rodgers on this squad.

If propping the window open for another 10% over the next 2 years means closing it an additional 5% for the next 5 years - gimme the latter. I want more bites at the apple, not slightly bigger bites for less time.

Football's a weird ass game played in the weather with an oblong ball. You can never truly be sure that 'this is our year'. You're better served building for a 10 year window and with Mahomes in tow, we can do that.

We just need our GM to do a better job of using his capital. If he doesn't, we find a new one. Being the guy that brought in Mahomes gets you a lot of runway, but it doesn't get you an unlimited one.
How many Super Bowls has Rodgers won since he got the mega-contract? Once Mahomes gets paid, our ability to win it all goes WAY down, regardless of how good he is. This team needs to have a sense of urgency.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #252
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It's easy to say that we can't expect 3rd and 4th round picks to play right away but when the vast majority of our 1st and 2nd round don't play right away either, something has to give.

At some point, they have to get some instant return out of the draft, regardless of round, or this defense is not going to improve.
Hell, they haven't had a first round pick since what, 15?

I guess you've got Mahomes there ofcourse but really, they've been weird in the first.

Finally, we've got the Qb. Lets accumulate as many as we can each year in the top 70 picks and start going.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #253
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Which is why they suck.

We're trying to hammer square pegs into round holes by telling Houston and Ford to get on the edges. We need a goddamn Neil Smith or a Jared Allen on this team if we're going to spend so much time in sub packages.

You aren't gonna get one of those if you remain committed to a 3-4 because you're not even gonna try.
Why can't Ford be that guy?
Old 09-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #254
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Murray is just one of those guys who's athleticism impresses you.

Dude has NO instincts at all. Either he's not studying hard enough or he just doesn't get it.
It's weird cause he was a pretty solid CB in college....apparently the safety position is something that he just doesn't do well.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #255
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
It's weird cause he was a pretty solid CB in college....apparently the safety position is something that he just doesn't do well.
Then honestly.....try his ass out at CB. I know Watts is a rookie....but ****ing throw him in there.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote