Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:22 PM   #211
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

[QUOTE=Callidus;14738645]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post

I think your score before halftime is what won this game. It was the first time in weeks we abandoned our game in weeks. Our running game gets better as the game goes on and the chiefs taking the lead for some reason put us in panic mode and we abandoned the great 2nd half running we normally do. It was perfectly played by KC and my titans tensed up at the wrong time. You deserved this one.

I’m watching your first drive of the 3rd, trailing 21-17, right now. You tried to power the ball with Henry multiple times on the drive and couldn’t, then got called for a hold on a 3rd and 1 that the chiefs would have stuffed short of 1st down.

Then Tannehill got rocked trying to scramble for it, forcing the punt.

Henry ran the ball 3 times on the drive for 8 yards, plus the negated no gain carry on the third down with the hold called.

KC then goes on a long, methodical TD drive that eats up the rest of the 3rd and makes it a 28-17 game.

Down that score and having not actually stopped KC on its own the entire game to that point, Tennessee did coming out throwing in its first possession of the 4th Q, but at that pointed hadn’t actually stopped KC itself (third down drops had led to both punts at that point).
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:24 PM   #212
Starter

List of "game managers" who have won Super Bowls since 2000.....

Trent Dilfer 2001
Tom Brady (2002,2004,2005) before he was the Tom Brady HOF caliber QB
Brad Johnson 2003
Big Ben 2006 before they let him throw more than 20 times a game
Eli Manning 2008 and 2012
Joe Flacco 2013
Peyton Manning 2016 broke dick could barely throw the ball at this point in his career
Nick Foles 2018

11 times in the last 20 years "game managers" have won a SB....

You could probably even add Brady last year because he was trash in the playoffs and relied on his D and run game

I think you guys don't really realize how much game managers actually win in the NFL at a high level

Winning a Superbowl has a lot more to do with chemistry, confidence and momentum than who your QB is in an average NFL season
AssEaterChief has disabled reputation
Old 01-19-2020, 10:26 PM   #213
In Search of a Life

at some of those you’re including to get to 11.

Almost all of those guys were better than Jimmy G
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:28 PM   #214
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikulik View Post
San Fran also played Green Bay twice and Minnesota once asswipe!
San Fran was also gifted the #1 seed this year by the most blatlant missed PI against Seattle in Week 17. The 9ers are good, but look up the actual stats. The chiefs total defense is ranked 7th, and the 9ers at 8th. The Chiefs had the 6th hardest SOS to the 49ers 10th.

The 49ers are good, but in order to do anything viable in the SB, Jimmy can't hand it off 30 times because Mike Pennel, Frank Clark, Chris Jones, T.Sizzle, and our LBs will eat Mosert alive. Just as they did Henry.
MarDis22 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:30 PM   #215
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
at some of those you’re including to get to 11.

Almost all of those guys were better than Jimmy G

No....they really weren't

but keep telling yourself whatever you need to to feel better about the SB in two weeks...
Old 01-19-2020, 10:38 PM   #216
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief View Post
No....they really weren't

but keep telling yourself whatever you need to to feel better about the SB in two weeks...

:reviews recent posts:

Who, exactly, is trying to convince themselves of something here?

Hint: it’s the guy who just said Brady and Big Ben and Peyton Manning and Eli Manning were playing at Jimmy Garroppolo levels the years they won the super bowl?
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:44 PM   #217
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I mean, shit, even the year the Ravens won, Flacco had an unbelievable four-game stretch in which he threw for nearly 300 yards a game and had 11-0 TD-INT ratio.

And Foles? 330 yards/6-1 TD-INT in 3 games.

Johnson and Dilfer are the only real game managers who won that you cited there, and they won more than 15 years ago with all-time great defenses behind them.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:45 PM   #218
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief View Post
List of "game managers" who have won Super Bowls since 2000.....

Trent Dilfer 2001
Tom Brady (2002,2004,2005) before he was the Tom Brady HOF caliber QB
Brad Johnson 2003
Big Ben 2006 before they let him throw more than 20 times a game
Eli Manning 2008 and 2012
Joe Flacco 2013
Peyton Manning 2016 broke dick could barely throw the ball at this point in his career
Nick Foles 2018

11 times in the last 20 years "game managers" have won a SB....

You could probably even add Brady last year because he was trash in the playoffs and relied on his D and run game

I think you guys don't really realize how much game managers actually win in the NFL at a high level

Winning a Superbowl has a lot more to do with chemistry, confidence and momentum than who your QB is in an average NFL season
Check. Check. And Check. Oh yeah, check that box that says best QB in the league, because we got that too.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-19-2020, 10:51 PM   #219
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I mean, shit, even the year the Ravens won, Flacco had an unbelievable four-game stretch in which he threw for nearly 300 yards a game and had 11-0 TD-INT ratio.

And Foles? 330 yards/6-1 TD-INT in 3 games.

Johnson and Dilfer are the only real game managers who won that you cited there, and they won more than 15 years ago with all-time great defenses behind them.

9ers fan. I come in peace.

Garoppolo is obviously not on Mahomes's level (I think he's the best player in the league), but he's better than the Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson types by a significant margin.

He had lightwork in the NFC playoffs, but that hasn't been the story all year.

His starts are closer to Pro Bowler than liability:

3,978 yards
27 TD
13 INT
8.4 Y/A
102.0 Rating

If the Chiefs stack the box, Jimmy G can and will throw.

But sometimes he tries to thread the needle when he shouldn't, which is why I think the Chiefs have the edge overall.

I'm expecting a great game.
MOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-19-2020, 10:53 PM   #220
Starter

Quote:
:reviews recent posts:

Who, exactly, is trying to convince themselves of something here?

Hint: it’s the guy who just said Brady and Big Ben and Peyton Manning and Eli Manning were playing at Jimmy Garroppolo levels the years they won the super bowl?
Go look at the stats of those qbs the years they won SBs....

I already did. They're quite pedestrian....Peyton Manning got carried by his defense and that's the only reason they won that SB.

Big Ben had 17 TDs and 9 INTs passing for 198 yards per game the year he won a SB.

Flacco 22 and 10 passing for 238 yards per game

I could go on and on but obviously you're just an uneducated dipshit
Old 01-19-2020, 10:54 PM   #221
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
Check. Check. And Check. Oh yeah, check that box that says best QB in the league, because we got that too.
You're absolutely correct and that's how the Chiefs and niners got here.

Should be a great game
Old 01-19-2020, 10:54 PM   #222
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOARGore View Post

Garoppolo is obviously not on Mahomes's level (I think he's the best player in the league), but he's better than the Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson types by a significant margin.

3,978 yards

27 TD

13 INT

8.4 Y/A

102.0 Rating

But sometimes he tries to thread the needle when he shouldn't, which is why I think the Chiefs have the edge overall.

Yeah, he’s better than Dilfer and Johnson. Still more of a game manager type than a top 10 QB. He’s pretty similar to Chiefs-era Alex Smith. Not sure he can’t go win a duel if he needs to with an elite QB in the playoffs.

But we’ll get to see.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:56 PM   #223
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOARGore View Post

3,978 yards
27 TD
13 INT
8.4 Y/A
102.0 Rating

Welcome.

After watching Mostert and that OL the past couple weeks, I think KC has to stack the box and make Jimmy beat us. And he might, he does have good receivers. But much like today (where KC loaded the box frequently with success), I would expect similar things to contain the damage that SF can do on the ground.

I’m expecting a great game, something along the lines of 27-24.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:58 PM   #224
SuperBowl or bust

The “new Chiefs” are going to beat the “old Chiefs” in the super bowl in a couple weeks.

49ers:

Game manager that they traded for from a dynasty team
Good OL
Good running attack
Great TE
Great pass rush
Good secondary with holes

Fortunately for us, we know exactly how this movie ends!

It’s happening, guys.

It’s destiny.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:59 PM   #225
Starter

Quote:
Yeah, he’s better than Dilfer and Johnson. Still more of a game manager type than a top 10 QB. He’s pretty similar to Chiefs-era Alex Smith. Not sure he can’t go win a duel if he needs to with an elite QB in the playoffs.

But we’ll get to see.

I think the big difference between Smith and Garoppolo is 3rd down.

He moves the sticks when we need it.

I believe Mahomes and the Chiefs were first in 3rd down conversions, but the 49ers were 5th.

That's what allows us to stick with the running game.

Jimmy G has the opposite problem of Smith. I didn't watch him much on the Chiefs, but with the 49ers, we called him Captain Checkdown.

Jimmy could stand to check down a little bit more LOL
MOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMOARGore is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about