Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:48 AM   #14581
Veteran

Don't know if this has been posted but you can view medical capacity and expected progression per state.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #14582
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
There (of course) have been thefts of PPE equipment.

https://www.wapt.com/article/coronav...izers/31405904

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ay/2896970001/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/10/peop...r-offices.html

Yes, dirtbags are stealing the stuff from hospitals and everywhere else...
I don’t want anyone to think I’m pointing fingers at anyone. There will be plenty of time for finger pointing later. And when that does happen, it’s probably not going to be one fault line but many.

I’m sure my background is influencing my opinion. At least I had PPE to protect myself.

Shortages of PPE’s just needs to get fixed ASAP. Everyone needs to work together.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:55 AM   #14583
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I don't believe this is true. If no social distancing was done we were looking at up to 2 million deaths.
I think the NYC area will hit 100k by itself.

I think it's much worse but they'll slowly raise projections as time goes on to reduce panic.

I get it. I honestly don't know if it's the right or wrong way to go. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:04 AM   #14584
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2112 View Post
My buddy lives in boca raton and he told me northern Florida doesn’t have too many cases. Mostly southern Florida.
And all of South Florida has been under a “safer at home” order for over a week.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:08 AM   #14585
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
My GF does cook but she doesn't live with me. If she caught the Ebolaids-19 I'd have no hope

Accurate. Come play me on Golden Tee. I am Golfnado. I will take you for all your fake coins are worth.

Yes. I have a large supply of chunky beef soup.
Although being fair if you are really into that game you should get that arcade machine.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:10 AM   #14586
Admitted Planet Junky

WOW so now our task force is saying 240,000 deaths in the coming weeks.
WTF happened?
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #14587
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
WTF happened?
People didn't listen?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:14 AM   #14588
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2112 View Post
I know, and I understand that. But if testing people creates hysteria by the number of positive cases (and we’re testing more than the whole world) it’s still good to know the mortality rate. Who knows? Maybe our testing is more accurate than other countries?
Yeah. The more people you test, the lower the CFR will drop.

The problem is that even with a low CFR, the deaths are still going to be there just because this thing is spreading like a wildfire through gasoline-soaked grasslands.

The good news is that on a individual basis, GENERALLY speaking, your chances of dying by contracting this thing are probably much closer to the German numbers than the Italian.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:14 AM   #14589
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
WTF happened?
The range is 100,000 to 240,000. However, Fauci made it clear yesterday that that 100,000 could be high.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:15 AM   #14590
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post

JFC, unless you are implying that CP is full of elderly posters with significant underlying health issues, most people here will likely fall in the 80% category, in terms of people who get COVID-19 and have minimal to no symptoms.
It was a joke
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:15 AM   #14591
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Yeah. The more people you test, the lower the CFR will drop.

The problem is that even with a low CFR, the deaths are still going to be there just because this thing is spreading like a wildfire through gasoline-soaked grasslands.

The good news is that on a individual basis, GENERALLY speaking, your chances of dying by contracting this thing are probably much closer to the German numbers than the Italian.
Our CFR has actually increased with testing.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #14592
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
This is absolutely true, so I hope this doesn't come off as callous, but...

I do think it's still important - not for the purposes of driving policy necessarily, but for our own mental health - to keep in mind the context a bit. It sounds like most are now expecting this to be in the range of 100k to 200k people dead in the U.S. For context, cancer and heart disease both kill around 600k people per year, and accidents, respiratory illness, accidents, and Alzheimer's disease all kill around 150k per year. For an individual person in their 80s, this probably moves their chances of death in the next 12 months from like 15% to 20%. Is it concerning? Absolutely. Should we be taking precautions? Of course. But chances are, a vast majority of the people you know will be just fine.

All of the work we're doing is still absolutely necessary, as without doing anything we'd likely be talking about deaths in the millions. My only point is just that, if we all hunker down and do what we're supposed to do, we'll remember this time more in terms of everyone getting stuck at home and the economic impacts rather than because the number of fatalities was unfathomably horrific (and I say that as a good thing).

I'm more worried about developing countries than I am about the U.S., Italy, or Spain at this point.
True 100k - 240 k is still small % wise for a country w over 300 mil. It'll be rough but we will get through this.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #14593
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Our CFR has actually increased with testing.
There are many variables.

What do you think would happen to the CFR if we were to test every single person in the country right now and identify all of the positives?
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:20 AM   #14594
I don’t care for Auburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
It’s sad that as a race of people we aren’t smart enough to shut down travel (both interstate and especially across country borders) worldwide and have everyone shelter in place.

The fact the subways and airports are still open is so incredibly irresponsible that it’s unbelievable.

If we really are this stupid as a human race, we deserve the horrific outcome.
Setting aside the logistical nightmares it would entail, it’s kind of hard to shut down interstate travel when the U.S. Constitution guarantees it.
RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:20 AM   #14595
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
The range is 100,000 to 240,000. However, Fauci made it clear yesterday that he hopes 100,000 could be high.
FYP.

and actually the model from washington says 83k. so thats a plus.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.