Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:25 AM   #14566
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
The Germans being German... 1.1%
Do me one better. Give me NY/NJ combined please? You’re very resourceful, Donger.
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:28 AM   #14567
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2112 View Post
Do me one better. Give me NY/NJ combined please? You’re very resourceful, Donger.
Not really. Just the same websites everyone has.

2%
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:28 AM   #14568
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
I don't put much stock in these numbers because the testing is just so hopelessly inconsistent.

The Germans have a really low CRF but they probably tested a shit ton more people than Italy. There also shenanigans when it comes to causes of death and how those are tracked across all the affected countries.

Who ****ing knows, man. All we know is that tens of thousands of people are dying and it will be in the hundreds of thousands soon. ****ing sucks.
All this. Mortality rates are all over the place and we won't really know the true numbers until all of this is over.

Prepare yourself. Prepared people don't panic.

If you have children start talking to people close to you about taking care of your family should something happen. Have a plan should anyone in your family get sick. Large groups are bad but now is not the time for people to be living alone. This thing sometimes moves fast and if you're one of the unlucky ones you can go from the onset of symptoms to ICU in a day.

Be kind to people. We'll all be relying on each other before this is done...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:29 AM   #14569
Reset

Quote:
I don't put much stock in these numbers because the testing is just so hopelessly inconsistent.

The Germans have a really low CRF but they probably tested a shit ton more people than Italy. There also shenanigans when it comes to causes of death and how those are tracked across all the affected countries.

Who ****ing knows, man. All we know is that tens of thousands of people are dying and it will be in the hundreds of thousands soon. ****ing sucks.
I know, and I understand that. But if testing people creates hysteria by the number of positive cases (and we’re testing more than the whole world) it’s still good to know the mortality rate. Who knows? Maybe our testing is more accurate than other countries?
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:32 AM   #14570
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I believe there is mechanism for handling lost wages. Not certain though.
Yeah they're stealing it from other employees and redistributing it, probably to avoid unemployment claims against them. At least that's what I'm picking up here, that article was very vague.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:33 AM   #14571
Kind of a mod

Quote:

This is absolutely true, so I hope this doesn't come off as callous, but...

I do think it's still important - not for the purposes of driving policy necessarily, but for our own mental health - to keep in mind the context a bit. It sounds like most are now expecting this to be in the range of 100k to 200k people dead in the U.S. For context, cancer and heart disease both kill around 600k people per year, and accidents, respiratory illness, accidents, and Alzheimer's disease all kill around 150k per year. For an individual person in their 80s, this probably moves their chances of death in the next 12 months from like 15% to 20%. Is it concerning? Absolutely. Should we be taking precautions? Of course. But chances are, a vast majority of the people you know will be just fine.

All of the work we're doing is still absolutely necessary, as without doing anything we'd likely be talking about deaths in the millions. My only point is just that, if we all hunker down and do what we're supposed to do, we'll remember this time more in terms of everyone getting stuck at home and the economic impacts rather than because the number of fatalities was unfathomably horrific (and I say that as a good thing).

I'm more worried about developing countries than I am about the U.S., Italy, or Spain at this point.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:33 AM   #14572
Please squeeze

Florida is up to almost 7k cases and growing fast. Should have locked that state down but probably to late now.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:35 AM   #14573
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Florida is up to almost 7k cases and growing fast. Should have locked that state down but probably to late now.
My buddy lives in boca raton and he told me northern Florida doesn’t have too many cases. Mostly southern Florida.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:35 AM   #14574
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

I do think it's still important - not for the purposes of driving policy necessarily, but for our own mental health - to keep in mind the context a bit. It sounds like most are now expecting this to be in the range of 100k to 200k people dead in the U.S. For context, cancer and heart disease both kill around 600k people per year, and accidents, respiratory illness, accidents, and Alzheimer's disease all kill around 150k per year. For an individual person in their 80s, this probably moves their chances of death in the next 12 months from like 15% to 20%. Is it concerning? Absolutely. Should we be taking precautions? Of course. But chances are, a vast majority of the people you know will be just fine.

All of the work we're doing is still absolutely necessary, as without doing anything we'd likely be talking about deaths in the millions. My only point is just that, if we all hunker down and do what we're supposed to do, we'll remember this time more in terms of everyone getting stuck at home and the economic impacts rather than because the number of fatalities was unfathomably horrific (and I say that as a good thing).

I'm more worried about developing countries than I am about the U.S., Italy, or Spain at this point.
I read something that since all the quarantine and stay at home stuff, average weekly fatalistic are down like 15k per week. SO thats good.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:37 AM   #14575
"You like to drink?"

Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:39 AM   #14576
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post

JFC, unless you are implying that CP is full of elderly posters with significant underlying health issues, most people here will likely fall in the 80% category, in terms of people who get COVID-19 and have minimal to no symptoms.
I kind of assumed he was joking.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:39 AM   #14577
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
You sure give some thought to why you think that shortage of PPE's gets "old" to you. I think your thoughts are that this damages your side of the political aisle. I don't see that angle.

I've not seen one story where the doctors, nurses are blaming anyone specifically for the PPE shortage. Just letting people know they desperately need PPE's to protect themselves and their patients.
There (of course) have been thefts of PPE equipment.

https://www.wapt.com/article/coronav...izers/31405904

Quote:
Oregon police recovered thousands of N95 respirators after a man allegedly stole at least 20 cases of the masks, worth nearly $2,500.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ay/2896970001/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/10/peop...r-offices.html

Yes, dirtbags are stealing the stuff from hospitals and everywhere else...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:44 AM   #14578
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
True, there's Bwillie. He needs to go find a woman who can cook or at least spend his social distancing time watching some cooking shows.
My GF does cook but she doesn't live with me. If she caught the Ebolaids-19 I'd have no hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I just found Bwillie actually...

Accurate. Come play me on Golden Tee. I am Golfnado. I will take you for all your fake coins are worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Well some people would die if they had to cook for themselves, that or eat spaghettios and frozen pizza for months.
Yes. I have a large supply of chunky beef soup.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #14579
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

I do think it's still important - not for the purposes of driving policy necessarily, but for our own mental health - to keep in mind the context a bit. It sounds like most are now expecting this to be in the range of 100k to 200k people dead in the U.S.
Trump recently changed projections on the low and high end. If quarantine goes well they'e projecting 100-200 thousand deaths. If it doesn't go well 1 to 2 million.

This will be bad no matter and the world wide economic and political damage will linger long after the bug has passed.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:48 AM   #14580
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Trump recently changed projections on the low and high end. If quarantine goes well they'e projecting 100-200 thousand deaths. If it doesn't go well 1 to 2 million.

This will be bad no matter and the world wide economic and political damage will linger long after the bug has passed.
I don't believe this is true. If no social distancing was done we were looking at up to 2 million deaths.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.