Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: My job is XX percent likely to be automated in the future.
Less than 1% 47 47.47%
1 to 4.9% 17 17.17%
5 to 9.9% 4 4.04%
10 to 19.9% 3 3.03%
20 to 29.9% 7 7.07%
30 to 39.9% 4 4.04%
40 to 49.9% 2 2.02%
50 to 59.9% 0 0%
60 to 69.9% 4 4.04%
70 to 79.9% 0 0%
80 to 89.9% 2 2.02%
90 to 94.9% 2 2.02%
95 to 99% 1 1.01%
More than 99% 4 4.04%
I don't have a job. Maybe it's already been automated. 2 2.02%
I don't know what my job is called, so I can't look it up. 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2019, 09:21 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

How likely is your job to be automated?

Here's a link to do a lookup: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...niversity-one/. You can do a search in the table.

There may be nuanced differences, so look up synonyms for your job. For example, my initial guess of market research analyst is 61% likely to be automated, but survey researcher is only 23 percent likely to be automated, and management analysis is only 13 percent. I might also be a marketing manager (kind of), which is only 1.4 percent likely. If I average these, I figure I'm about 24.6 percent likely to have my job go away in the future.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:25 PM   #2
'Tis my eye!

Considering that one of the key pieces of my job is automating other people's jobs?

htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
Fish are scared of me

Pig jerking cannot be automated.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:28 PM   #4
Supporter

I'm a system programmer. 99% of my job is already automated. I spend 100% of my time making sure the other 99% is running correctly.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:29 PM   #5
Supporter

Mine said 65% but it won't matter to me. I doubt it will happen in four years and I will be retired by then.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:30 PM   #6
MVP

Electrical Engineer, oh hell no.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:34 PM   #7
Forever Royal

How is model listed at 98%?
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:35 PM   #8
Forever Royal

Mine is at 0.5% for mental health counselor. I’m guessing no one will beat that.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:35 PM   #9
The talking stonehead

I work as a technician fixing automation robots. I put over 99% because it’s technically already automation, but if you’re talking how long until we make automation robots to fix the automation robots then that is a whole different story. I hope I’m not around to see that day.
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:36 PM   #10
MVP

Mine says 25% but a lot of mine is writing program to automate the busy work anyways. So not really sure
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:40 PM   #11
Supporter

0% chance of the business owner.

I'm hoping the field operations get automated so I can do more managing but that is unlikely.

Like I've went into on the automated cars, they have to figure out the liability issue if there is no operator - it then falls on the manufacturer and Mother Deere doesn't play that way.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:47 PM   #12
Veteran

21 percent likely as a web developer. A lot of it is already automated so I guess I feel pretty good about that.
arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:48 PM   #13
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
Electrical Engineer, oh hell no.
10 percent according to the link. Look to your left and then look to your right, and then look three more to your left and four more to your right, and one of you is a goner.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:48 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
0% chance of the business owner.

I'm hoping the field operations get automated so I can do more managing but that is unlikely.

Like I've went into on the automated cars, they have to figure out the liability issue if there is no operator - it then falls on the manufacturer and Mother Deere doesn't play that way.
Just put sensors around your fields and then it's basically a giant roomba
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:49 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Just put sensors around your fields and then it's basically a giant roomba
Actually you could very easily use GPS to have one of those run through a field by itself