Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-23-2021, 12:35 PM  
MVP

Which YouTube channels do you subscribe to?

I couldn't find a thread about this, so here are some of my favorites.

1) Mustie1 - The BEST gear head channel out there. He has 500K+ subscribers and for good reason. He goes into detail as to how he rebuilds just about anything with an engine. He does a great job explaining what he's doing and does a good job shooting and editing his videos.

2a) Rick Beato -Music producer that shows how songs are developed. Music history and theory but not to the point of being boring. Really gets into the evolution of popular music over the past 60 years. Lots of excellent content with good video production and editing.

2b) Rhett Shull - Friends with Rick Beato. Does videos on his life as a professional guitar player for hire. Lots of videos about being on the road, etc.

3) The Bearded Butchers - As you might have guessed it's about a family that operates a fairly large butcher shop. Lots of details about breaking down a carcass into various cuts and then taking them out to the grill. Good info on quality of meats and what to buy and what to avoid.

4) Virtual Railfan - I've always been in to railroading. Lots of good content showing things like derailments and their causes/fixes. Several live 24/7 cameras at locations around the US, including one at Santa Fe Junction in KCMO.

5) Living Traditions Homestead - A family of homesteaders in SE Missouri. Lots of content about a small farm and the daily operation dealing with animals and crops. Well done videos.

That's a few I enjoy.

What do you subscribe to if you subscribe at all? I'm always looking for the really good YouTubers that know how to develop content. I'd rather watch real people doing real things than the crap that passes for prime time TV.

BTW, I stream YouTube over my TV via Roku. Much more enjoyable than watching on a computer or phone.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:07 PM   #2
Veteran

HorrorBabble: Some dude reading old horror short stories. Pretty hit or miss but I've found a few good stories on there.

PHLEARN: A Photoshop tutorial channel that BEP recommended recently. Very educational if you're interested in that sort of thing.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:17 PM   #3
'Tis my eye!

I can't subscribe to channels, I don't have (and won't have) a Google account.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:31 PM   #4
Spooky Action

Also subscribe to Rick Beato. Another guitarist I watch sometimes is Mike Bradley, it's a small channel that is a lot about gear, amiable guy with some personality mixed in.

Watched walker - a guy who takes his camera and walks down city streets of popular travel destinations. Other travel stuff too.

Some channels with content for relaxation.

A lot of vid suggestions I get are historical stuff, some vintage comedy, really all range of themes that I've thumbs upped. Most I watch are random that aren't necessarily subscriptions.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:40 PM   #5
'Tis my eye!

I watch Stevie T and Marc Rebillet.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:55 PM   #6
Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp

New Rockstars - Nerd breakdowns of Pop Culture shows.
ScreenCrush - Same as above.
Heavy Spoilers - Same as two above.
Wrestlelamia - Stories of pro wrestling past and present.
Screen Rant - The "Pitch Meeting" guy. Satire of how non-sensical a lot of big budget movies are.
KC Chiefs - Best team in NFL.
Red Tribe Cinema - Clay's vids are great.
Frog Leap Studios - Metal covers of songs.
A bunch of gaming streamers that are smaller.
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I can't subscribe to channels, I don't have (and won't have) a Google account.
I don't spend much time on YouTube outside of movie trailers but I think you might enjoy this channel, Norm's Rare Guitars.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3...6scuGaI0YRkyNg

Norm has a shop over in the Valley up near Encino and high profile players, from Joe Bonamassa to Richie Sambora and on and on and on, stop by the shop to check and play vintage guitars through vintage amps. They're all recorded and posted on his YouTube channel.

At one point, Norm was trying to get a reality TV show deal but unfortunately, it didn't end up happening. But, the YouTube videos are often a blast because you get to see guys noodling around and having fun without the pressure of performing in front of 2,000 to 20,000 or 100,000 people.

Plus, they're usually just riffing away, which is fun and the guitar tones are usually freaking fantastic.

Here's a fun video with Bonamassa:

DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #8
Supporter

Red Letter Media - Movie and TV reviewers, everything they do is absolute gold

Cinemassacre - Angry Video Game Nerd mostly

Angry Joe Show - Video Games and Movie review

Chieftains Hatch - Guy walks around and crawls into tanks and explains them

ItsaGundam - Guy comments on social issues using humor

Many more.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:02 PM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I don't spend much time on YouTube outside of movie trailers but I think you might enjoy this channel, Norm's Rare Guitars.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3...6scuGaI0YRkyNg

Norm has a shop over in the Valley up near Encino and high profile players, from Joe Bonamassa to Richie Sambora and on and on and on, stop by the shop to check and play vintage guitars through vintage amps. They're all recorded and posted on his YouTube channel.

At one point, Norm was trying to get a reality TV show deal but unfortunately, it didn't end up happening. But, the YouTube videos are often a blast because you get to see guys noodling around and having fun without the pressure of performing in front of 2,000 to 20,000 or 100,000 people.
I will definitely check that out.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:04 PM   #10
MVP

Ty and that guy - Ty Frank (half of the writing duo of the Expanse books) and Wes Chatam (Amos) have a podcast where they talk about the expanse and 80s movies and shit.

Brett Kollmann - football shit

Donut media - car shit

Rose Anvil - guy cuts boots and shoes in half to see how they are made and whether they are any good.

The Critical Drinker - movie reviews from a certain point of view.

Assorted video game channels.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:10 PM   #11
Supporter

The Critical Drinker is pretty funny.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:10 PM   #12
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I will definitely check that out.
This video is 25 minutes and features lots of different players playing at the shop. It's pretty freaking killer!

DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:42 PM   #13
In Mahomes I trust!

Good thread!

Randy Santel - food challenges
Katina Eats Kilos - Randy's girlfriend - food challenges
FoundFlix - endings of movies and TV shows explained
Sam the Cooking Guy - Cooking channel
GQue BBQ - Cooking channel
The Cajun Ninja - Cooking channel
Kent Rollins Cowboy Cooking - Cooking channel
Chris Meck and the Guilty Birds - CP's own Chris Meck music channel
The Broken Machine - Gaming streamer
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:57 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Good thread!

Randy Santel - food challenges
Katina Eats Kilos - Randy's girlfriend - food challenges
FoundFlix - endings of movies and TV shows explained
Sam the Cooking Guy - Cooking channel
GQue BBQ - Cooking channel
The Cajun Ninja - Cooking channel
Kent Rollins Cowboy Cooking - Cooking channel
Chris Meck and the Guilty Birds - CP's own Chris Meck music channel
The Broken Machine - Gaming streamer
I've watched several Kent Rollins videos. Good stuff.

Another in the food challenge area is Matt Stonie's channel. A competitive eater that might weigh 140 lbs.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:20 PM   #15
Supporter

I have become a heavy youtube user. I watch a couple hours in bed winding down every day plus on my daily commute, plus randomly etc

Linus Tech Tips - its linus, he does tech shit
JayzTwoCents - more PC hardware
Bikes and Beards - Motorcyle content
Harry Mack - Insane freestyle raps
AsmongoldTV - Wow streamer highlights
The Infographics Show - Covers every topic in the world
Professor Live - basketball dribbling content
RGR Football - chiefs content
Hardware Unboxed - More tech hardware
Good Mythical Morning - random variety show
Cleetus Mcfarland - race car shit
Red Tribe Cinema - clay

Also watch tons of other channels regularly, like Tribalpeopletry, Joe rogan, a&e live PD, Vice, Blockhead, Munchies, Pat mcAfee, donut media, vinwiki, daily driven exotics, donut operator, above mentioned randy santel and katina eats kilos both, aand even more

phew
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.