Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2021, 09:37 PM  
Supporter

What Salsas are you guys running

What salsas are you animals eating?

I live in butt**** nowhere and the salsa selection out here is ****ing criminal. Especially given the Latino population out here. Regardless, the little Mexican grocery store I was using had to close down. So ultimately I’m looking for a good salsa I can order online.

I bought some dried peppers I intend to make some of my own, but it will be a couple weeks before I can get a look at it and I’m sure it will take my dumbass several batches before I can get it right.

What do you got?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:43 AM   #61
2 Legit 2 Colquitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I make nachos with this and melted shredded cheese. Sooooo good. I know it's unhealthy but it's a great lunch.
ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:50 AM   #62
Turning the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
I get the Mateo's salsa from Costco.

Three years ago, I had my family taste test virtually every salsa in the Walmart isle.

Homemade is best of course, but we found Mateo’s to be very very good. It’s nice to have a big box source when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Groves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-23-2021, 12:10 PM   #63
Be Kind To Your Pets

My friend Mr. Doggity is the biggest foodie I know. He says this is his favorite in KC:
https://www.facebook.com/silvas.foods.kc/
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:38 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
nothing complicated

tomato
onion
serrano
cilantro
lime
salt
pepper
dash of oil

occasionally garlic

throw it an a blender and done. sometimes blacken the tomatoes
similar to my Hispanic wife's recipe plus some ingredients. Beats any store salsa.. doesn't hurt we get the freshest produce either

Last edited by Sorry; 06-23-2021 at 05:11 PM..
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 01:45 PM   #65
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
nothing complicated

tomato
onion
serrano
cilantro
lime
salt
pepper
dash of oil

occasionally garlic

throw it an a blender and done. sometimes blacken the tomatoes
Perfection. We make our own as well.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:50 PM   #66
Veteran

This is also good if you can find it:

Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:09 PM   #67
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
My friend Mr. Doggity is the biggest foodie I know. He says this is his favorite in KC:
https://www.facebook.com/silvas.foods.kc/
I have seen this at my Sunfresh and wondered about it. Next trip I will try it out.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:46 PM   #68
Damn it feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groves View Post
Three years ago, I had my family taste test virtually every salsa in the Walmart isle.

Homemade is best of course, but we found Mateo’s to be very very good. It’s nice to have a big box source when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did this with my department at work, we basically had a "blind" salsa tasting and did a ranked score. It was great!
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #69
Supporter

Quote:
Yes, I remember you said once Scott City just a brain fart. Whats wrong with Hays and Colby or Garden City would think they would try to get one still a bit of a drive though.
For whatever reason they don't get them. I don't rightly know why. Garden City especially would support one.

Quote:
The Mexicans seem to love it as they load up on Herdez in the market. I think they put the heat in the food and the sauce is just a condiment but could be wrong.
I am far from qualified to talk about it but I think there are different regions of food from mexico. Some outfits will have fairly bland stuff and expect the salsa to carry the spice load, others will have heartily seasoned food and milder fresher salsas. I'm sure there are a ton of other differences but those are the main differences my uncultured ass sees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
No locals make/sell salsa there if there’s plenty of Mexicans in your town?
Most of them just feed their families. There was a local gal that ran a little grocery store that she sold food out of. It was ****ing to die for. Sadly the owner sold the building she was renting. So I'm out. Her salsa was pretty ****ing hot but my god it was good.

Hopefully she finds a new place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletech94 View Post
Homemade bud!! I make enough in July-August to last the entire year. You got a farmers market near you Bueh?
Plan on going down that road once fieldwork slows down. No farmers market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
Arriba! Fire Roasted Southwestern Garlic & Cilantro Salsa - Medium
Margaritas Amigos Restaurant Style Salsa - Medium

Those are two of the better store bought options I've found. I've been through a lot of types/varieties. Same wtih Bloody Mary bases.
Dillons in Garden used to Carry Arriba. I like the chipotle stuff. I didn't find it last time I was down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk View Post
Do you realize the you live 30 minutes away from this:

https://www.elzarapegc.com/order-salsa

I'm in Topeka now and we buy it by the case whenever we go back home.
I haven't. My wife ate there with some teachers and said the food wasn't great so I never went down that road. I probably should give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
This is also good if you can find it:

I used to get that when I worked at Cabela’s it was good.

Last edited by Buehler445; 06-23-2021 at 05:17 PM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:12 PM   #70
Banned

I tried renfrows ghost pepper nacho cheese dip and the taste is great! Not too bad of a price at $4.99. Nice suggestion
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #71
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Rather than trying to order salsa that you may or may not like, why not buy like 9 Roma tomatoes, a couple of jalapeno peppers, a red onion, a stalk of cilantro and a lime, then make your own to taste?

I realize that Pico de Gallo isn't for everyone but IMO, it's way better than nearly all store bought salsa in a jar. Plus, it's cheap to make so if you mess it up, you're only out a few bucks and it's easy to try again.

If jalapeno's aren't hot or spicy enough, try serrano or habanero's.
Thats exactly where I'm at, just can't do salsa in a jar anymore unless its a last ditch option... would rather make my own, or at worst pony up for some fresh pack stuff
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:47 PM   #72
YOU take YOUR seat

I'm loving this herdez guacamole salsa. But I use it more as a sauce I guess for tacos and stuff. Pretty damn good and has a little spice to it. Their brand of regular salsa sucks ass though
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:50 PM   #73
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Scott City. Other side of the state.

Produce out here is hit or miss I’m not a big pico guy due to the cilantro thing (Baby Lee knows the science better than I do. I’ll defer to his explanation), but it’s on my to do list to make my own salsa after harvest calms down.
Fiance hates cilantro. Says it tastes like dish soap.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:56 PM   #74
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Fiance hates cilantro. Says it tastes like dish soap.
I think it’s a genetic thing. Baby Lee explained it all one time.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:01 PM   #75
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Produce out here is hit or miss I’m not a big pico guy due to the cilantro thing (Baby Lee knows the science better than I do. I’ll defer to his explanation), but it’s on my to do list to make my own salsa after harvest calms down.
Yeah, I get that. Some people just don't like cilantro so when you make it yourself, don't add it.

Obviously, it's very different out here because in addition to all of the brands mentioned in this thread that are available at any grocery store, we have Mexican markets everywhere that make their own fresh salsas every day and for less than the typical jar of salsa.

With that said, I rarely find a Pico de Gallo that suits my taste. Some have cilantro, some don't, some use white onions, some use red onions and some even add celery(!) so I found that the only way I'm truly happy is making my own. Generally speaking, I'll involve my kids because they enjoy the process and eating fresh salsa a few hours after we make it.

However, the biggest advantage that we have here is that most of the Mexican markets also make fresh chips everyday and I gotta tell ya, there's nothing better than fresh tortilla chips.

There's just no way to get around it: They're a million times better than pre-packaged, regardless of the store bought brand.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.