Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2021, 09:37 PM  
Supporter

What Salsas are you guys running

What salsas are you animals eating?

I live in butt**** nowhere and the salsa selection out here is ****ing criminal. Especially given the Latino population out here. Regardless, the little Mexican grocery store I was using had to close down. So ultimately I知 looking for a good salsa I can order online.

I bought some dried peppers I intend to make some of my own, but it will be a couple weeks before I can get a look at it and I知 sure it will take my dumbass several batches before I can get it right.

What do you got?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:02 PM   #16
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Mrs. Renfro's. No matter what your spice level, she got you covered...

Important point here, they've changed their packaging. If you're looking for it in the supermarket, it'll likely look like Fish's pic above. And if it looks like BC's post, it could be older stock.

For me, I like the Green and Ghost Pepper because they're distinctive. The rest are good, but they kind of blend in with everything else out there.

But I've not run into anything I like as much as the heat and fresh flavor of the Ghost Pepper, but it might be too hot for many. It's on the higher scale of what you get in a Salsa, . . not nearly as hot at the concentrated extracts or anything, and very pleasant for me personally. But it is definitely hot.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:05 PM   #17
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I get a lot of Aldi mild salsa for my son. He loves that with the big bag of On The Border chips and breakfast burritos I make him in the morning.
I知 300 miles from an aldi.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:08 PM   #18
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Important point here, they've changed their packaging. If you're looking for it in the supermarket, it'll likely look like Fish's pic above. And if it looks like BC's post, it could be older stock.

For me, I like the Green and Ghost Pepper because they're distinctive. The rest are good, but they kind of blend in with everything else out there.

But I've not run into anything I like as much as the heat and fresh flavor of the Ghost Pepper, but it might be too hot for many. It's on the higher scale of what you get in a Salsa, . . not nearly as hot at the concentrated extracts or anything, and very pleasant for me personally. But it is definitely hot.
That Mango Habanero and Peach salsa is good stuff. The Ghost pepper is hot as hell was good but I have to be in the mood for it. Took forever to finish that jar. Walmart and Sunfresh has a good assortment of Mrs Renfro.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:09 PM   #19
MVP

Interesting fact. The family that started Pace sold out several years ago to a conglomo. They started a private label salsa business, one of which is Mama Casita salsas at Aldi.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:10 PM   #20
MVP

I get the Mateo's salsa from Costco.

Also a big fan of the Frontera tomatilla salsa.

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:12 PM   #21
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I知 300 miles from an aldi.
Damn would have thought Fort Scott would have one.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:13 PM   #22
Starter

Sadies salsa. Great taste, hot, but not stupid hot.
chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chieffan09 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:15 PM   #23
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Herdez. It's available at Walmart. Pretty good for a national brand. Lots of flavor options.
Ive picked up Herdez thought was pretty good but people tell me its trash I don't agree.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:16 PM   #24
MVP

For the KC folks, remember Lotta Hotta? Great stores that featured everything spicy. Lots of samples to try. Mouth burning experience walking out the door. Whew!
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:18 PM   #25
Fight, build, win!

Quote:

Baby Lee have you tried the Jardines ghost pepper salsa? I see it in Wally world too never had yet.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:19 PM   #26
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I’m 300 miles from an aldi.
Rather than trying to order salsa that you may or may not like, why not buy like 9 Roma tomatoes, a couple of jalapeno peppers, a red onion, a stalk of cilantro and a lime, then make your own to taste?

I realize that Pico de Gallo isn't for everyone but IMO, it's way better than nearly all store bought salsa in a jar. Plus, it's cheap to make so if you mess it up, you're only out a few bucks and it's easy to try again.

If jalapeno's aren't hot or spicy enough, try serrano or habanero's.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:20 PM   #27
Ain't no relax!

Quote:

For myself, the Ghost Pepper is just the perfect mix of heat and pepper flavor. Not actual ghost pepper heat, but the flavor is on point. When people come over, it's usually the Habanero. Again, not true habanero heat, but still good flavor. Peach for the ladies...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:23 PM   #28
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

I was actually a bit disappointed with the Mango Habanero, but I think only because I had tried the Ghost Pepper and there was such a big difference in heat.

And I also remember sitting down for some chips and salsa with zero expectation of kind of burning off my face.

It was more enjoyable the next time I tried it, just having that expectation... and IIRC, it was in a burrito with some cheese and sour cream to take the edge off just a bit.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:32 PM   #29
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Damn would have thought Fort Scott would have one.
Scott City. Other side of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Rather than trying to order salsa that you may or may not like, why not buy like 9 Roma tomatoes, a couple of jalapeno peppers, a red onion, a stalk of cilantro and a lime, then make your own to taste?

I realize that Pico de Gallo isn't for everyone but IMO, it's way better than nearly all store bought salsa in a jar. Plus, it's cheap to make so if you mess it up, you're only out a few bucks and it's easy to try again.

If jalapeno's aren't hot or spicy enough, try serrano or habanero's.
Produce out here is hit or miss I知 not a big pico guy due to the cilantro thing (Baby Lee knows the science better than I do. I値l defer to his explanation), but it痴 on my to do list to make my own salsa after harvest calms down.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:34 PM   #30
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I was actually a bit disappointed with the Mango Habanero, but I think only because I had tried the Ghost Pepper and there was such a big difference in heat.

And I also remember sitting down for some chips and salsa with zero expectation of kind of burning off my face.

It was more enjoyable the next time I tried it, just having that expectation... and IIRC, it was in a burrito with some cheese and sour cream to take the edge off just a bit.
Yeah. Some of y誕ll are good for more heat than I am. I知 good for a fair bit, but one thing I致e learned eating some of the authentic stuff out here is that while I知 better than most about handling heat, I still have enough honker whiteboard genetics that I知 not good for the big guns.