Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 06-21-2021, 07:33 PM  
fides quaerens intellectum

Rust on pre-owned vehicle

I understand very little about vehicles or other things with a motor. I found a good pre-owned vehicle from 2013 for the right price and it checks every necessary box. However, an acquaintance of mine holds the opinion that I should pass on the vehicle because of some rust on the inside lower frame of the driver's door. It's unnoticeable from the outside. But the acquaintance says that in a year from now, the rust will spread and the vehicle will look like trash.

The rust is not a tiny spot on the frame, but rather kind of spread out on that door.

I don't care about the rust as it is, so if I can do some work to maintain it rather than fix it, I'm good with that.

Should this be a deal-breaker?
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:06 PM   #31
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
I was in the market for a used SUV a month ago, wanted a 10-12 yr old Grand Cherokee but anything nice was 2-3k over book...**** that. Ended up with a Chevy Trailblazer with minor body damage but at least the price was within reason. And it's only gotten worse since then.
Well, you did buy a Chevy, what did you expect?

Oh, you probably meant the used car market...
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:11 PM   #32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson71 View Post
$15996, which is actually above the Nada "clean retail" by about over $2k.
Give them your price or you’ll walk. Then walk if they don’t give it to you.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:15 PM   #33
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Well, you did buy a Chevy, what did you expect?

Oh, you probably meant the used car market...
HEY Calm your tits in the Chevy hate. They have some not bad vehicles on the roads. I’d put the reliability of the pickups I’ve owned against anything. Very few people abuse them to the degree I have.

In reality, Bugs bought the Trail. boxer after I sung their praises. I’m just hoping it holds together for him so he doesn’t murder my family.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:36 PM   #34
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
HEY Calm your tits in the Chevy hate. They have some not bad vehicles on the roads. I’d put the reliability of the pickups I’ve owned against anything. Very few people abuse them to the degree I have.

In reality, Bugs bought the Trail. boxer after I sung their praises. I’m just hoping it holds together for him so he doesn’t murder my family.

I'm not one to have issues a time or two and apply it to all things that company makes ever.... but, my Monte Carlo needing a new transmission at 80k miles was pretty bad (and had another Chevy prior with issues, but it was older).

I haven't sworn them off, but they're in timeout.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:37 PM   #35
Veteran

Wife's '03 Denali has just started showing rust. Of course she's been driving it for 18 years so it does not owe us anything.
Mike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-22-2021, 09:12 PM   #36
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post

I'm not one to have issues a time or two and apply it to all things that company makes ever.... but, my Monte Carlo needing a new transmission at 80k miles was pretty bad (and had another Chevy prior with issues, but it was older).

I haven't sworn them off, but they're in timeout.
How old was it? They’re better. My work wagon has 100K drivetrain warranty.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:27 PM   #37
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
How old was it? They’re better. My work wagon has 100K drivetrain warranty.
It was a 2006 SS... think I had it ~6 years at that point.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:34 PM   #38
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Give them your price or you’ll walk. Then walk if they don’t give it to you.
Pack some shoes for all the walking you will be doing.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:30 AM   #39
Veteran

"Rust never sleeps" circa 1979 Neil Young
Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:49 AM   #40
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson71 View Post
Chrysler
I have a 2017 Pacifica limited, its going into the shop for a galvanic corrosion problem (under warranty). Hood and sliding drivers door. Body guy said if they tried to fix the aluminum panels, they just have to fill the repair and it wouldn't last. Probably $5000 repair for Chrysler, said they have done a bunch of hoods
Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:40 PM   #41
Draconian Warlord

Daily driver. "Ol' Betty". No rust. It's a '92. And the back glass decal! Note the flames..makes her faster...

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:50 PM   #42
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt View Post
Daily driver. "Ol' Betty". No rust. It's a '92. And the back glass decal! Note the flames..makes her faster...

I'm diggin' it.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:55 PM   #43
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I'm diggin' it.
Per Stevie Ray's request, she now has tinted windows!
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:00 PM   #44
Banned

The blue flame is quite intimidating. And where did you get that Mahomes sticker?
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:14 PM   #45
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt View Post

It looks like it's tearing ass and it ain't even moving.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.