Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-21-2021, 07:33 PM  
fides quaerens intellectum

Rust on pre-owned vehicle

I understand very little about vehicles or other things with a motor. I found a good pre-owned vehicle from 2013 for the right price and it checks every necessary box. However, an acquaintance of mine holds the opinion that I should pass on the vehicle because of some rust on the inside lower frame of the driver's door. It's unnoticeable from the outside. But the acquaintance says that in a year from now, the rust will spread and the vehicle will look like trash.

The rust is not a tiny spot on the frame, but rather kind of spread out on that door.

I don't care about the rust as it is, so if I can do some work to maintain it rather than fix it, I'm good with that.

Should this be a deal-breaker?
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:37 PM   #2
Someone pass the antifreeze

Yes, it’s like an iceberg you can only see 10%.
MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:50 PM   #3
Supporter

If I am appraising a vehicle, and there is any visible rust whatsoever, it is instantly a wholesale vehicle, no matter how nice. Can not retail it. Huge value deduction.

Rust can only be truly fixed by cutting the vehicle apart and welding new sheet metal in, and even then you better hope they did a good job because if a speck is left behind it will soon be a spot, then a bubble, then full blown cancer.

Shit I just bought a new truck and ended up with an aluminum truck partly because so many even pretty new trucks had rust.

For me both in my business, and in my personal life, rust is an absolute deal breaker for any vehicle.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:02 PM   #4
Mod Team

See Burt for a used car.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:04 PM   #5
Supporter

8 year old vehicle with rust?

Hell no. That car has seen some shit.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:06 PM   #6
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Think of it as a little bit of cancer.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:18 PM   #7
What's up braj?

Think of it this way - Would you rather have vaginal sex with Jennifer Lawrence or get a blow job from Billay?
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:27 PM   #8
Admitted Planet Junky

Rust is just like cancer. You do not want a vehicle that has rust as it will spread fast and destroy everything in its path.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:34 PM   #9
fides quaerens intellectum

Well shucks - I was hoping the acquaintance was being a bit dramatic. Sounds like I better keep looking.
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:53 PM   #10
Supporter

Oh ****. You live in Iowa?

Run.

BTW. Good to see you around Jenson.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:51 PM   #11
Curmudgeon

I'd echo what Hometeam said. That little bit of rust may be the only visible sign of something amiss, but not the whole story. True enough it could be just a small ding that got salt into it, but it could also indicate the car has been in water. You don't want any part of that.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:13 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson71 View Post
Well shucks - I was hoping the acquaintance was being a bit dramatic. Sounds like I better keep looking.
My man Jenson is back. Nice to hear from you bud.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:31 AM   #13
Supporter

Is it a Chevy?

It's a Chevy isn't it?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:40 AM   #14
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Yeah, take a hard pass and keep hunting.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:35 AM   #15
Draconian Warlord

We had a 5 year old truck on the lot, that was perfect and beautiful. Guy stopped to look at it, then he got on his back and inspected the under carriage. I thought he was a bit over zealous. WRONG!! It looked like someone put a new truck on the chassis of a 30 year old junk yard truck!! I was shocked that it made it's way to my lot. Guy gave it a hard pass, and I didn't blame him in the least. I refused to sell that truck.
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.