Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2021, 06:48 PM  
Banned

Windows 11

Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:51 AM   #76
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
And probably avoid wearing a wool jacket. But yeah, beyond that, I've never used a strap in my life and haven't ever had a problem.
Like I said, I've worn them in the data center because of things like carpet squares and modules that are so large they require both hands.

On a homebuilt PC, I've never worn a strap and never had an issue.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:54 AM   #77
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
There is a notch slighly offset on the slot and the memory stick. That's there so you can't put it in wrong.
I've seen laptop ram in a desktop DIM...... There is 100% chance someone can seat it wrong if they try hard enough.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:01 AM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I have to do this one handed?!?!?!
There are no screws. They just snap in and will lock into place with simple thumb pressure. Give it a practice with what you have now.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:01 AM   #79
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I've seen laptop ram in a desktop DIM...... There is 100% chance someone can seat it wrong if they try hard enough.
LOL.

God, they aren't even the same length. How in **** did they get it to stay in?
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:04 AM   #80
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
There are no screws. They just snap in and will lock into place with simple thumb pressure. Give it a practice with what you have now.
Yep. The biggest thing is making sure the clips actually snap into place. Usually it means snapping in the RAM, making sure it's seated, and then pressing the clips again to make sure they click.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:08 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
LOL.

God, they aren't even the same length. How in **** did they get it to stay in?
I have no ****ing clue, but it was wedged in there and they said it didnt work for some reason...........

I've also had a CEO of a large company send me a single ram stick VIA envelope and asked to see if we could find files on it.

I have contracted with both SMB/ Large Corporations / and Government, and I'm never shocked by how ****ing horrible their IT is. I mean I've literally seen entire city government networks being a ****ing disaster.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:16 AM   #82
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I have no ****ing clue, but it was wedged in there and they said it didnt work for some reason...........

I've also had a CEO of a large company send me a single ram stick VIA envelope and asked to see if we could find files on it.

I have contracted with both SMB/ Large Corporations / and Government, and I'm never shocked by how ****ing horrible their IT is. I mean I've literally seen entire city government networks being a ****ing disaster.
Dude, I work with the federal government. They make a lot of municipalities look cutting edge.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:30 AM   #83
Supporter

There's a difference between saying wrist straps are superfluous and saying concern over static potential is stupid.

If you have a strap, might as well use it. But if you don't want to track one down or purchase, as many have alluded without stating outright, . . . just be careful to account for static potential. Don't repair on carpet [and don't go shuffling all over carpet, then return right to the repair]. Don't wear a wooly pullover. Make lots of contact with the frame of the unit while operating. You can even fashion a 'strap' out of bare wire wrapped around your wrist and attached to the frame if you don't want to worry about. Best and easiest is to find a low static, low humidity environment, . . . AC and a hardwood table and floor is fine, wear simple clothes likes shorts and tee, and make plenty of 'grounding' contact with the frame before taking contact with semiconductor and IC parts.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #84
Shaken. Not stirred.

This thread title needs changed.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:33 AM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
This thread title needs changed.
We are getting Lewdog ready for his Win11 upgrade.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:34 AM   #86
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
We are getting Lewdog ready for his Win11 upgrade.

PC repair 101
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:39 AM   #87
'Tis my eye!

Windows Monterey.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:11 PM   #88

I will say this, the chip shortage is real. And finding machines with TPM is becoming impossible.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:11 PM   #89
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
And probably avoid wearing a wool jacket. But yeah, beyond that, I've never used a strap in my life and haven't ever had a problem.
Don't listen to these guys! You want to wear a wool jacket, fuzzy slippers and perform this in a carpeted room.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:12 PM   #90
WhatUneed2Hear

What will Win 11 add that Win 10 can't do? Technically speaking just a facelift to look purty and make microshaft some money?
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.