Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 06-15-2021, 06:48 PM  
Banned

Windows 11

Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:16 AM   #61
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
I've been monkeying around inside computers for over 20 years and never worn and anti-static wrist band.

Has anyone else ever done that, or been bit because they didn't?
I had an engineer buddy show me how to do my first build 5 years ago. I got a wrist band. He laughed at it. Touch the case to ground off and you’re good to go.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:18 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
I've been monkeying around inside computers for over 20 years and never worn and anti-static wrist band.

Has anyone else ever done that, or been bit because they didn't?
I never have. I just take off my shoes. But I've also fried a brand new processor as a result one time. We don't see a lot of static electricity out here. But Monsoon season started yesterday and there were dry thunderstorms in the valley.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:35 AM   #63
'Tis my eye!

The only time I've ever worn a wrist strap is when I'm in a data center.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:13 AM   #64
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The only time I've ever worn a wrist strap is when I'm in a data center.
This. Only other times I ever worried about grounding was when replacing CRTs in the original iMacs. Those things will shock the hell out of you and make you piss yourself.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:46 AM   #65
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
My wife just said to not be a dumbass and get a 16GB upgrade since it's so cheap.

So I guess that's the decision too.

Also, I'll order an anti-static wrist band just to be safe.
Correct decision.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:15 AM   #66
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
I had an engineer buddy show me how to do my first build 5 years ago. I got a wrist band. He laughed at it. Touch the case to ground off and you’re good to go.
This, I've put together so many rigs through the years and never used a band. Just ground yourself and your good to go.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:18 AM   #67
Mod Team

So how do you ground yourself when working on computers?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:20 AM   #68
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Just touch the metal frame of the computer before you go messing around inside. That'll remove any static electricity.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:20 AM   #69
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Just touch the case while you seat the RAM with your other hand.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:26 AM   #70
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Just touch the case while you seat the RAM with your other hand.
I have to do this one handed?!?!?!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:34 AM   #71
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
I mean honestly just seat the ram right and dont be scared to push down, you will be scared at first.

But out of all the computers components RAM can take abuse (DONT ACTIVELY ABUSE IT)

Also depending on configuration of your unit (1x16gb stick or 2x8gb) if you only have two DIMs it will be easy. If you have 4 you need to make sure its in the right channel.

Dont worry tho your computer will tell you right away if you ****ed up with either LED lights or Beeping.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:42 AM   #72
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I mean honestly just seat the ram right and dont be scared to push down, you will be scared at first.

But out of all the computers components RAM can take abuse (DONT ACTIVELY ABUSE IT)

Also depending on configuration of your unit (1x16gb stick or 2x8gb) if you only have two DIMs it will be easy. If you have 4 you need to make sure its in the right channel.

Dont worry tho your computer will tell you right away if you ****ed up with either LED lights or Beeping.
Yep.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:43 AM   #73
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
You don't have to. Just touch the frame with your hand before you start to discharge or make sure your forearm is touching the case as you use both hands to insert the RAM. It really isn't hard, you'll be fine.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:45 AM   #74
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post

There is a notch slighly offset on the slot and the memory stick. That's there so you can't put it in wrong.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:47 AM   #75
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Just touch the metal frame of the computer before you go messing around inside. That'll remove any static electricity.
And probably avoid wearing a wool jacket. But yeah, beyond that, I've never used a strap in my life and haven't ever had a problem.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.