Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 06-15-2021, 06:48 PM  
Banned

Windows 11

Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:05 PM   #31
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Yeah, the model number is definitely important because it’s quite possible that the motherboard can handle only 8 gigs of Ram, tops.

My wife had an older i5 Dell Inspiron with 8 gigs of Ram, which was maxed out, and that thing was so slow I tossed it in the recycle bin after I built my latest PC in April. I can’t even imagine an i3 with 4 gigs of Ram.
After you pulled the HDD or SSD right?
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:09 PM   #32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
After you pulled the HDD or SSD right?
Oh yeah, I wiped the hard drive, then took a hammer to it.

I don't even throw away dead hard drives that were used in my studio, I just keep them in a box in my garage.

Disposing of them is not worth the risk, however infinitesimally small.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:23 PM   #33
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Oh yeah, I wiped the hard drive, then took a hammer to it.

I don't even throw away dead hard drives that were used in my studio, I just keep them in a box in my garage.

Disposing of them is not worth the risk, however infinitesimally small.
If they don't have errors, I keep them. Otherwise, they get burned.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:32 PM   #34
WhatUneed2Hear

I'm so not looking forward to W11, usually every other windows is ok but the in betweens are garbage.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:43 PM   #35
Kind of a mod

There are some major differences for sure, but I have trouble getting too worked up about it. Everyone threw a fit when they dumped the start menu in Windows 8, but these days I barely use it. Moving the icons to the middle is definitely very Mac-like, but I'm sure the point is to reduce the amount of mouse movement, and people will get used to that pretty quickly.

Just in general, though, it's hard to care that much anymore. For most people, your web browser has far more to do with your day-to-day computing experience than your OS does.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:59 PM   #36
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
There are some major differences for sure, but I have trouble getting too worked up about it. Everyone threw a fit when they dumped the start menu in Windows 8, but these days I barely use it. Moving the icons to the middle is definitely very Mac-like, but I'm sure the point is to reduce the amount of mouse movement, and people will get used to that pretty quickly.

Just in general, though, it's hard to care that much anymore. For most people, your web browser has far more to do with your day-to-day computing experience than your OS does.
I still use my windows like windows 98. I use My Computer which gets more hidden with every version of windows. I definitely use the start menu and windows 10 did a great thing with it allowing the search function.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:05 PM   #37
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

Sure, but some of us are on our computers 40+ hours a week for work and not talking a web browser. Changes to the OS can make a difference so we will whine about it thank you very much.

And I too remember Microsoft's claim about Windows 10 being the last one.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:35 PM   #38
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Dude, that's not bad. More RAM will fix you right up and it's an easy install. Happy to assist if you'd like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Technically, that's just the specs. On the bottom of the laptop, it should list the model number. If you can find the model number, I can tell you if you can upgrade the RAM, and what kind you would need.
Asus m11ad
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:39 PM   #39
In Search of a Life

This looks like 10x but rebranded for mArKeTiNg Buzz

I have done some work on the dev preview and it's ok
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:52 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Asus m11ad
Any hypen trailing that? E.g. M11AD-US009O, M11AD-US017O

Looks like you have 2 slots allowing for a max of 16GB. DDR3 1600 or DDR3 SDRAM but not sure which yet.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:04 PM   #41
Mod Team

Quote:
Any hypen trailing that? E.g. M11AD-US009O, M11AD-US017O

Looks like you have 2 slots allowing for a max of 16GB. DDR3 1600 or DDR3 SDRAM but not sure which yet.
Not that I see. I’ll text you. Imgur is down so I can’t post it.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:16 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Not that I see. I’ll text you. Imgur is down so I can’t post it.
Received. Here it is:

https://www.newegg.com/asus-m11ad-us...82E16883220448 I like that case a lot.

16GB max, 2 slots. You don't need 16 so hopefully you just have one stick of 4 installed so we can just add one more for around $20.

https://www.amazon.com/4gb-1600mhz-d...mhz+ddr3+sdram DIMM 240-pin

Here's your user manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/55...sus-M11ad.html

Here's a tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIl6mmosgMc

MB pic received. One stick is all you need to add to the open slot. And get a can of air and clean out the dust and dirt in there and everywhere else. It's piled on your processor inside it's cooling fan like a sand dune. That can cause heat issues (probably is), unseating, and a myriad of other issues. The fan might not even be spinning up to max speed with all that Arizona in there and up around the post. Shoot, try that first and see if it improves things. Ideally, you'll want to remove the fan during cleanup. An air compressor works great! MS Edge uses far less RAM too. I've been real happy with Edge.

Last edited by eDave; 06-16-2021 at 09:41 PM..
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:20 PM   #43
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
...... did the center the

Jesus Christ, working in IT this will be a cluster **** with end user complaints
Ditto! After they finally learn Windows 10 now this!
Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Ditto! After they finally learn Windows 10 now this!
I gotta assume you can move the start button, as you can now in 10.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:11 PM   #45
Mod Team

Quote:
Received. Here it is:

https://www.newegg.com/asus-m11ad-us...82E16883220448 I like that case a lot.

16GB max, 2 slots. You don't need 16 so hopefully you just have one stick of 4 installed so we can just add one more for around $20.

https://www.amazon.com/4gb-1600mhz-d...mhz+ddr3+sdram DIMM 240-pin

Here's your user manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/55...sus-M11ad.html

Here's a tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIl6mmosgMc

And get a can of air and clean out the dust and dirt in there and everywhere else. It's piled on your processor inside it's cooling fan like a sand dune. That can cause heat issues (probably is), unseating, and a myriad of other issues. The fan might not even be spinning up to max speed with all that Arizona in there. Shoot, try that first and see if it improves things. An air compressor works great! MS Edge uses far less RAM too. I've been real happy with Edge.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you.

I'm going with this one unless anyone else has suggestions?

https://www.amazon.com/PC3-12800-DES...3899438&sr=8-3