Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2021, 05:06 PM  
Mindful Taoist German

Help Rausch switch to PC

I don't have the time, knowledge, or patience to build my own.

I selected the parts and compared cyberpowerpc, CLX, maingear, AVAdirect, Digitalstorm, and VRLA.

I ended up about $350 over what I wanted to spend but...eh.

So since I've been a Mac guy my whole life and never built a PC help me out. Don't hesitate to point out anything I missed or part conflicts. Suggestions and advice appreciated.

Pic of specs in 1st post...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:04 PM   #31
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Ok, with my CPU being infamous for running hot I would like to under çlock it Any experienced under clocker advice? I'm still looking at about two weeks before it gets here.
Under clock? Wut?
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #32
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
That's a ridiculous solution that probably wouldn't have that much of an effect. Add fans. Improve airflow. Upgrade your case.
One effect would be it running cooler.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:18 PM   #33
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
It's not really that simple. Besides, by default your CPU already throttles itself a great deal when it's not crunching something serious. What you're asking is silly.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:27 PM   #34
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
It's not really that simple. Besides, by default your CPU already throttles itself a great deal when it's not crunching something serious. What you're asking is silly.
Undervolting. Not underclocking.

No, it's not. It's an infamously hot cpu and I don't need the full juice because I'll mostly be 1080p gaming. The cooler it is the more stable it may run, live longer, and still run very close to the same speed. High temps are the cause of a ton of performance problems.

Last edited by Rausch; 06-14-2021 at 04:33 PM..
Old 06-14-2021, 04:27 PM   #35
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Rausch I’m all for you here bud. But I’ve never once heard of under clocking. I’ve only been building for 5 years so will defer to the masters but why would you want to down grade performance?
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:29 PM   #36
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Rausch I’m all for you here bud. But I’ve never once heard of under clocking. I’ve only been building for 5 years so will defer to the masters but why would you want to down grade performance?
Undervolting.

I'll leave my misstep instead of editing it.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:30 PM   #37
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Rausch I’m all for you here bud.
The wife has been a bit pissy lately...
Old 06-14-2021, 04:58 PM   #38
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Undervolting. Not underclocking.

No, it's not. It's an infamously hot cpu and I don't need the full juice because I'll mostly be 1080p gaming. The cooler it is the more stable it may run, live longer, and still run very close to the same speed. High temps are the cause of a ton of performance problems.
I understand some people tweak their voltage to allow for overclocking and such. Yes it can slightly lower your temp in some cases. But you haven't even booted this machine yet, and you're already talking about neutering it. Lowering voltage should be one of the last fixes for high temps. Tweak it a bit and test it before you go throttling yourself...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:39 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
If it's not exceeding 85 Celsius, I wouldn't worry. 85 is where it will start clocking down for you and initiate issues.

Last edited by eDave; 06-14-2021 at 08:17 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:41 PM   #40
MVP

Honestly unless you live in an extremely hot house your CPU will be fine. I mean you're talking hotter then 90-95C. That's what those chips maximum rating is
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:28 PM   #41
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
The wife has been a bit pissy lately...
Hold her, ask what she needs, do it for her.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:07 PM   #42
Let's get a snack

I'd imagine a watercooled 5800x will shred any task you throw at it.

You might be under estimating the power of your CPU.

It might get hot when stressed out, but you'd be surprised what it takes to stress them out.

Congrats on the awesome system. My worthless internet advice would be fire it up and throw everything you've got at it. See what happens. Then think about tweaking settings.
mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mdstu has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:08 AM   #43
Live free or die hard

Quote:
I understand some people tweak their voltage to allow for overclocking and such. Yes it can slightly lower your temp in some cases. But you haven't even booted this machine yet, and you're already talking about neutering it. Lowering voltage should be one of the last fixes for high temps. Tweak it a bit and test it before you go throttling yourself...
This.

Let's not perform surgery until we know there's a problem.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:13 AM   #44
Supporter

Geeks
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:45 AM   #45
'Tis my eye!

Suckers.

htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.